Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Card Camp Week #3

Another week at camp...

this is the longest I've ever lasted camping.

Of course...

love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married once took me camping...

like real camping...

in a tent...

in the woods...

I lasted one night.

It was his fault...

he made me sleep on a tree root...

and 15 years later I still remind him of that point every time he happens to mention camping.

I've told him when he can pitch a tent like this...

Pinterest...paperbarkcamp.com
I'll go camping with him again.

He told me to keep dreaming.

And I told him...

"Back at'cha, babe"!

That's Southern for...

"Same to ya"!

So anyway I'm still at camp...

and I had fun with the colors last week...

a lot of fun...

but this week...

this week I LOVE the colors.
Red...kraft...brown...white...

*sigh*

One of my all time favorite color combos.

And when I see it...

I think of Christmas...

don't ask why...

but I do.

So it's Summer...

and I did this...


At least I can say it's...

Christmas in July!

*giggle*

Surely I'm not the only one that remembers that?

And see that ribbon?

Found it at Michael's last year...

loved it...

and bought like 6 rolls.

I don't make that many Christmas cards...

but I do have a slight ribbon hoarding addiction...

so I'm using it this year before love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married discovers those 6 rolls of ribbon...

maybe along with a couple hundred more...

and starts planning an intervention...

or a divorce.

And now that I think about that...

I may need to go hide a few things...

see ya!



The Details:
All Supplie PTI Unless Noted:
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream
Stamps: Holiday Sparkle
Ink: SU, Copics
Misc: bling, ribbon

15 comments :

  1. Love the card. Love the reindeer with the red nose. The ribbon adds the finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty use of the summer camp colors. I love the ribbon.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim took me camping a few years ago - we at least had a cabin, but it was mice infested and there were squirrels who had taken over the outhouse...I slept in the Jeep and demanded to be taken to a hotel the next morning. I discovered that night "roughing-it" and I are NOT friends!!

    I think I bought about six rolls of that ribbon as well last year, some brown, some red. I didn't use any of it!

    Really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a severe Christmas stamp hoarding problem. It's so bad that I am considering not watching Nichole's blog during release time for new Holiday Stamps...but who am I kidding? That would be impossible!

    I love your card! That ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card. I love the red nose. Also, I like your idea of camping. My idea of camping is if the hotel has only 3 stars. And, I don't like that, either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's right, you do love you some Xmas in July, don't you? :) Fun reindeer card! But too bad about the camping... I'm a backpacker so to me nothing finer than carrying your house on your back to see places few people see :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would totally go camping if it were in that picture you shared!! That's awesome! Your card is adorable and I love how you embellished his nose! As for the ribbon, it is perfect for this card! I like that you knotted it instead of a bow. (and just for the record, I have oodles of ribbon too....baskets actually that DH sees and says, "what are you going to do with these?")

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little reindeer is so 'dear'--love his nose! And the ribbon is a great find. It goes so well on your card and will be great for future winter projects. I really enjoyed your camping story. Sounds so much like our experiences. Hubby had camped a lot and assumed I would agree that would be the way to travel. First of all, it always rained. One night there was thunder, lightning & pouring rain and then the tent caved in. Guess who went to the car and who stayed in the tent! I am definitely a motel person but have even been known to change motels if they are less than spotless!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh, cute christmas card! I'd go camping in that tent too! Enjoyed reading your post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the best color combinations and I love that little reindeer! You colored him so perfectly. That ribbon is adorable and you were so smart to snap it all up last year, now you just have to make yourself use it! Love the little pinecones in your pic, very Christmasy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so adorable! Great job on the color combos for this weeks card camp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. bwahahaha, I'm with you Renee (but only if that tent has AIR CONDITIONING!)

    Love your card, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, Renee! I can't believe I've been seeing so many Christmas cards lately...but this color combo is PERFECT for a Christmas card! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee..........You need to come camping with me! I've gotten 17 cards done this week (13 of them Christmas).....I promise you a bed instead of a root! ;-)

    All kidding aside, your little reindeer card is just perfect for this week's color challenge! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, now I'm past the point of looking at the card until I'm done reading your posts! I even made my husband read this one...we have a family camping trip planned with his family in a couple weeks and I'm trying to get excited about going. The last time we went camping was when we were newlyweds, didn't have 4 kids and we spent half of the night awake with a baby bear (or some other critter) circling our tent and clawing away at the tires on the Rodeo. He actually wants us to spend two nights camping...one of them in the mountains...no bathrooms, etc. Um...that will be fun to teach our 2 year old how to go to the bathroom above a hole.

    Anyway. Love the card...love the ribbon...love that you have 6 rolls of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...