Monday, July 11, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch #55

Quickie post...

another very busy week getting things ready to hopefully start our little remodel very soon...

how does a garage amass such large quantities of "things"?

I don't understand...

but it's love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married's domain...

he should be the one dealing with it all...

but how lucky for him that he injured his foot and can't.

Though he is able to sit and sort through boxes and tools and decide what stays...

what goes...

and is it going to the storage barn...

or Goodwill?

Too bad for him that it's 100 degrees outside and 150% humidity...

ok...

maybe a slight exaggeration...

but not by much!

It's why we Southerner's believe that air conditioning truly is the 8th wonder of the world...

July.

In the South.

The only thing worse...

August!

So while he's out sorting and sweating...

I made a little ditty for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...


Here's the sketch...
and here's what I did...

And lest you think I'm horrible for making him work out in this heat while injured and I get to "play" with paper, stamps and ribbon...

I'm actually inside working on the laundry room where we will have to remove cabinets and organize to accommodate the 2nd refrigerator and freezer that has to be relocated from the garage...

just waiting on a load to buzz at me!



The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Earth Love
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Fancy Phrases
Dies: Nestabilities Deckled Oval, PTI Dress Form
Ink: Momento
Misc: bling, flower, buttons, seam binding, pins

10 comments :

  1. Oooooh------- preeetttyy! The contrast of the black dress forms against the bright colors on teh rest of the card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool! I love love love the dressforms along side the fab flower focal point. How innovative. Still scratching my head at this clever take on the sketch. Wow!

    Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress forms are so much fun incorporated into the sketch like that! The colors on this are just dreamy, and that flower is truly an eyecatching centerpiece! So glad to see you at the WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems I always forget to think outside of the box when it comes to sketches.....Love your interpretation and how you added those dressforms! Cool idea!

    We stayed indoors today as it was well above 100 here. I feel for your hubby.....that would not have been a fun job on a day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous--love the vintage look and French touches! I would never have thought to use two dress forms--so clever. I hate humidity worse than the heat so don't envy you. It was 111 yesterday so we are being fried from all the heat. The flowers are just so sad looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know you had the dress forms! They look so nice and vintage with the paper you used and the sentiment. I really love the bow with the pins too. Really good take on the sketch. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun design with the dress forms - love this! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card , love that flower you used.
    thanks for joining us at wmsc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative, love the dress forms! thanks for playing along this week at the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I love how you thought 'outside the box' on this one and made it your own. Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...