Monday, July 18, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch #56

I'm back with another Waltzingmouse Challenge...

this is the sketch for this week...

and in all honesty...

being limited at the moment on WMS...

I have found rectangles to be much easier for me.

Not that I'm saying this card is just great shakes...

but it was easier...


there's a difference.

I just can't wait to get my grubby little hands on some more of these gorgeous stamps...

I've never actually rushed the 1st of August before...

it means the end of Summer break...

but since they are having a special release this month...

Cathy and I are waiting till the 1st to place an order...

so come on August!

And here's the card...

I went Christmas with this one...

I told you I would be working on Christmas!

And I sewed again!!

Who knew if they had just given me paper instead of fabric...

and just let me glue it to some more paper instead of trying to wear it...

I might actually learn how to do it!

I'm still trying to get the hang of vintagey, romantic cards...

not my norm...

but since I don't really have a "norm" maybe with practice this could be my norm...

and since I just love vintage...

I die over vintage...

and Waltzingmouse just lends to that vintage, romantic feeling...

it's how I want to go when using them.

I know...

I'll keep practicing!

But the paper looks amazing with that font...

don't you agree?

At least maybe I got that right!


The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Oh! Joy (digi)
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Compliments of the Season
Ink: SU, Copics
Die: PTI Edgers #1
Misc: lace, bling, twine and PTI button

14 comments :

  1. It's gorgeous Renee!! You knocked it outta the park!

    And what's up with August 1? Why is it special? I don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it IS romantic!! Love the card. I finish teaching this week so I can't imagine going back Aug. 1st. But, at least you'll hopefully get some you time again. {Man... any more than 2 kids is a Challenge!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YES, you are right, Renee! That paper is perfect with the sentiment and font you chose. You can never start Christmas cards too early in my book. In fact, you are making me want to go make one now, too! Love the touch of lace and twine, and the cool black pearly embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty, Renee! You and Cathy are killing me with all your new stamps! I may have to jump on the bandwagon with you two because me likey what I see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Seriously, gorgeous. I love that patterned paper and again, the sewing! I guess I screwed up. Again. I didn't think you had Edgers #1 and sent them in the package for you to try. Oh well, just send them back, at least I was thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous vintage card Renee. I love your sewing and your pattern paper! Just a wonderful holiday card! What's special about Aug. 1st? I'm outta the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful Christmas card, the layout is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, Renee--love it! That patterned paper is so great for your vintage card. And your sewing--well, just WOW! I never have tackled anything using my machine even though it looks wonderful. So glad you are enjoying your WM stamps--aren't they fabulous. Enjoy your week and try to stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful take on the sketch. Can you imagine snow outside? Does it cool you off? You and Cathy are making me more and more curious about WMS--darn you two (thanks?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee, gorgeous card! What a lovely vintage take on the sketch--I think you have a "knack" for vintage cards, my dear. The papers, colors, the lace *and* twine, using the edgers on the sentiment panel . . . wow! And you sewed in *color!* I'm too chicken to rethread my machine, LOL! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card! thanks for joining us this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm scared to even look at Waltzingmouse. Really...how much would I like them anyway? Your card is beautiful, but that's just because YOU made it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! I have a fair stash of Waltzingmouse and really ought to break them out more often. I always seem to start with PTI though. Your 'vintagey' card is lovely! I love vintage as well, but really struggle whenever I try to translate it to a card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATS on your big cheese this week on WMS...woohoo!! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...