Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Chief Elf...

WARNING:...Spoiler alert for young eyes


Granted...
I don't think too many kiddies read my little ramblings...
but just in case...
you may want to send them to another room before proceeding.

OK...number one son...


who will be turning 9 a week from tomorrow...
came home from school a few short weeks from Christmas last year expressing some doubts about a certain someone that we all know and love.
Yes...
the big guy himself...
The Chief Elf.
Now...the main problem with this is...
the kid can't keep a secret to save his life.
Seriously...
law enforcement should not be a career choice for him...
nor the military...
nor anything that requires privacy act forms to be signed...
the kid will tell everything he knows to everyone he knows.
So even though I know I can't keep this certain secret forever...
I can't let him know the truth just yet because of this guy...

4th of July...that's a sparkler!
he's too young and I'm not willing to spoil it for him yet.
So I hit the internet...
looking for anything that might buy me some more time.
That's when I came across Waltzingmouse and the "secret set".
Now with a just a few short weeks till the day...
and with a notice about orders to the States taking longer than usual...
I had never ordered international before and didn't know what that would actually translate into as far as time...
I put out a call for anyone willing to make me some tags with this very special set.
What I got was the wonderful Sharron at OnPapillonWings answering my call with the offer to sell me her set she had bought for a project and had just never gotten around to using.
It arrived a few days later and I got started on tags...
in fact I had just finished a few days before we were hit with some snow that caused the kids to miss almost an entire week of school...
the last week before Christmas break!
So Sharron saved me...
Thank You Sharron!
We've actually become great friends ( she loves Jodi too!!) since I started blogging in January...
she's a treasure...
make sure you go visit her...
and I will always remember how I was introduced to Waltzingmouse.
Now the intention was to return after the Holidays and order some more of these gorgeous stamps...
have you seen them...
you know you want to so you just need to go...
but wait until I'm done...
then you can go...
*giggle*...
but can I tell you a secret?
I don't know if you have realized this or not...
but sometimes...
I'm easily distracted.
Yes...
it's true.
I occasionally forget things...
alright!
Maybe it's more like occasionally I actually remember something...
but I'm a glass half full kind of girl so let's think positive!
OK...long story short...
I finally got around to placing my first Waltzingmouse order and I've been playing with Cicely and Gracie ever since but not today!
For this week's sketch challenge...
which by the way...
check the sidebar.
Don't want to seem like I'm bragging...
so just pretend you saw it all on your own...
ok?
So for this week's

a wonderful sketch by the very talented Anya Schrier

and I did this...


I embossed...


What do you think?
At least I didn't use Cicely and Gracie...
though I wanted to because I just love them...
and I'm so hoping Claire has some new Christmas ones coming soon!
OK...so I'm done now.
Now go visit Sharron...
she's such a sweet, talented person...
you'll adore her too!
And then...
go visit Waltzingmouse!




The Details:
Cardstock: Ocean Tides, Rustic White by PTI
Stamps: Waltzingmouse The Secret Set
Dies: Tag Sale #3, Double Ended Banners PTI; Spellbinders
Ink: VersaMark
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Oh, Joy! digi
Misc: ribbon, berries, embossing power, PTI Pure Poppy ribbon

9 comments :

  1. You have the best stories! And your embossing is perfect! I love it!
    Eric made it to the camping location okay. I am happy about that...a few hours north and they're staying in a cabin. He should be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your unique and elegant take on the sketch with that awesome stamp set, Renee! That tag is awesome with the teeny berries, and the SILVER and THOSE BELLS....I faint! I can't say "I die" because that is your signature line but...."I faint!" While I am at it, I just looove the embossed Chief Elf medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, beautiful card Renee. Love your take on Anya's sketch and the wonderful Christmas colors and papers you've used. The fabulous medallion is the perfect finish to a perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, and such a sweet story. Does he still believe in Santa? I still remember breaking the news to my girls when they were young--that Santa was a made up guy, but not to worry, because we were Jewish, so he wouldn't come to us anyway. They took it pretty well, once they learned how long Chanukah was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Robert on this one. I have a terrible time with secrets too. No secret on this one though, great job on this sketch. I love the square card and the tag. I love the simplicity of the tag and how you didn't feel like you "had" to stamp something on the banners. The silver bells were so elegant. Love this one...again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this set when it came out and how secretive Claire kept it so no little eyes saw it. I loved it and thought about ordering it but didn't. I LOVE what you've done with the sketch for your card! Your bells were the perfect touch Renee! Keep these WMS coming and I might just place an order! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is perfect Renee. I love how you incorporated the tag into the card, and the colors are just so yummy! The jingle bells are the perfect finishing touch, too. So glad you've played along with us again, I love seeing what you come up with for our WMSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful story! What a beautiful card too!! You always do an amazing job on your cards, what an incredible gift you have and thank you for sharing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Renee! I love your holiday take on the sketch this week and that embossed medallion is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...