Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dinky and Waltzingmouse

Dinky...sweaty from tennis practice
So I took Dinky for kindergarten testing today...
he's so excited about it!
But I think he's also a little scared...
a new school...
and he won't have any of the kids from his pre-k with him...
most especially his future wife.
Of whom he has already proposed to.
We ran into her over the Summer with her mother and grandmother...
and here's a snippet of that conversation...

Introductions were made...
and Grandmother snapped a picture of them together...

Grandmother:  I have to have a picture of the future member of our family.
Me:  (smiling...) What?
Grandmother:  Oh...yes!  I picked her up from school
                         everyday...
                        and one day she got into the car very
                        excited and said...
                       "Ryder asked me to marry him"!
                       So I asked her...
                       "Well...what did you say?"
                        And she answered...
                       " I said...
                       "Yes!" "!
Me:  ....
        (speechless)

I laughed...
what else can you do...
he's 5.
And in love.
I think.
Because this morning... 
when talking about going to school...
he asked if any of his new friends would be there today...
this was how I knew he was getting nervous...
because he would really like to meet them.
I told him there would be a few there testing too...
but he won't actually start school until next week.
He sat quietly for just a moment and then said...
"And one is probably going to kiss me!"

That's my Dinky...
wants to grow up to be poor, ugly and a dork...
but also imagines himself as Prince Charming...
see here and here for full explanations of that!

Yes...
this is my life.

So I'm glad to have things in my life to spice it up when it just gets too boring...
*giggle*...
like another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!!


I'm so loving these each week...
I'm so loving these stamps...
and here is this weeks sketch...
and as soon as I saw it I knew what I was going to use for the "pocket".
A while back I found these adorable mini paper bags at Michael's...
I've only used one...
and hoarded the rest.
I don't know why...
I can pick up more...
but apparently I just have hoarding issues.
So I knew what I was going to use for a pocket...
and I knew what stamp set I was going to use...
so loving Sewing Box Christmas right now...
it has such a "homey...country" feel to it...
I just want to use it on everything!
*giggle*
So I sat down and did this...

I love this card...
not saying it's perfect or the greatest...
but I love it!
In fact...I love it so much...
I'm making more!
I always make a variety of cards for Christmas...
but 2-4 of each one...
and since this was so easy to come together...
and I just love that little bag...
and I kept it simple on purpose not only because I just like it that way...
but also because this is what happens when you pull out the tag...

I'm definitely making more!
And just because I don't want you to think I made a huge boo-boo...
the card is slightly tilted and it just looks as though I covered up some of the sentiment with the holly leaves...
but that's actually one mistake I didn't make!
And isn't that sentiment just the cutest?
LO-VE (sing songey voice) it!
*giggle*



The Details:
Cardstock: Rustic White, Kraft, Pure Poppy, Pinefeather,
Spring Moss (all by PTI)
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Sewing Box Christmas
PP: October Afternoon Campfire
Die: Tag Sale #1 PTI
Ink: SU, Copic, Tim Holtz
Misc: lace, seam binding, paper bag, buttons and linen thread by PTI

8 comments :

  1. That bow is perfection! How'd you get all those loops in there!? Did you order on AUgust 1 from them? Are those holly leaves hand-cut - they look great!

    Tell Dinky there's nothing wrong with being a DORK! I speak from experience!! LOL! I love your stories about him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing all of this? I like every single card better than the one before it! This one is a keeper, and a CASE for me. I love it. That brown bag with a tag in it is so great. I bet you win the Big Cheese, AGAIN. You should. I also want to know how you made those loops. They are perfect. This one is extra, extra good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes you HAD to use that little bag with this sketch, it's so perfect! You have my permission to go buy more just in case a new pocket sketch comes up again. SO adorable, I just love those leaves peeking out at the top. Everyone who receives one at Christmas will just LOVE IT like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great holiday card! love the little bag and the holly tag! Hopefully you can think up a wedding design with them too!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this, Renee! That little bag is a perfect pocket and your homespun take on the sketch this week is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee, your son's story is just adorable! That will have to be something you write down for him later! LOL

    Now, for this fantastic card! You must do a tutorial on that bow! I am in awe! Please? Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing Renee. I just love how this turned out and the wonderful dimension you achieved with your design. I totally adored your story about Dinky. You will be so glad that you documented this little store later on in life as you both will undoubtedly share a laugh or two, thinking back on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a definite CASE! And you think it's simple? It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...