Thursday, August 18, 2011

Four of a Kind

Edited:  If you happen to have glanced at this Sunday morning and then it disappeared...
it was me.
I apparently can't read...
and scheduled for the 14th instead of the 18th.
Sorry!

Cathy at Empty Nest Crafter...
Joyce at Cards-By-the-Sea...
Kim at Cupcakes, Cards and Kim...
and I...
have started a new little challenge together.
We're calling it Four of a Kind...
and it's really simple...
one person will send a "kit" to the others...
all containing the same exact, identical items and we all make a project...
being sure to use at least 4 items from the kit.
See...
simple...
and fun!

I got started on mine as soon as I got the kit from Cathy...
who kicked off this little adventure with Cupcake Collection from PTI...
which for me was fabulous fun because I don't have this set...
and the gorgeous color combo of Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet and Simply Chartreuse.
And did you know that until Fruit Fusion was released a few months ago...
I also didn't own any Berry Sorbet?
I can't believe I what I was missing...
I love this color!

And because I have never claimed to be very intelligent...
I started using the kit...
and then realized I probably should have taken a photo beforehand...
so that you could see what was included.
Sorry.
But I'm pretty sure Joyce, Cathy and Kim are way more intelligent than I am and think of things like that so...
make sure you visit them to see not only their gorgeous cards...
but also what I couldn't show you...
because I forgot.

Here's my card...

From the kit I used the embossed background in dark Chocolate...
the cupcake...
the banner...
and twine.
All I added was the base, button and the layered background for the cupcake.
Look at how adorable this embossing is...
Aren't those cupcakes adorable?
Too fabby for words...
just lo-ve them!
And perfect for this set

OK...you have to make sure to pop over to see Cathy, Joyce and Kim and see what they came up with!!
I can't wait to see their cards!!

Edited...again!
Cathy is giving away a $10 PTI GC to everyone who visits and follows all of our blogs...and leaves comments along the way!  Make sure to check the details over at Empty Nest Crafter







18 comments :

  1. love your cupcake texture..so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee........Love your cute little cupcake card! It's adorable! Love your 4 of a kind group, too! How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have absolutely loved looking at all of these cards today. Yours is adorable and the CAS design really shows off the embossed cupcake layer. Don't you think this was fun? All four of our cards are so different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossing!! Your card looks good enough to eat!! Now I need some chocolate. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, your card is just too cute. But I'm not too smart either and was so excited when I got my kit I just went to work, never crossed my mind to get a picture of the supplies (won't let that happen again). This has been so much fun to see how alike and very different all of the cards are. Thanks again for including me in your group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Renee! I love that color combo! Berry Sorbet is one of my favorite colors ever! I love that embossed background! I look forward to seeing what you girls make every month with your kits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, LOVE it! The embossed background is such a delightful detail that adds so much to the overall design. This is a GREAT idea and I've loved seeing all your creations. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card! The layout is so simple, but there's so much punch with the colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect! I love it! And what a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors and the embossing! Cupcakes are my favorite, both to eat and to papercraft with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. Highlighting that dark chocolate paper is such a good idea. It looks good enough to eat. I can't believe you never had berry sorbet before. It's the best!! You did such a good job showcasing that funky cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh this is so inspiring and makes we want to break out this set and dies!

    Such a cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute idea for a challenge! Your card is positively yummy--especially the embossed background. So glad you got a chance to play with some Berry Sorbet--really works great in this color combo. It's always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee, your jazzed up cupcake looks pretty snazzy all layered up with Berry Sorbet & Simply Chartreuse. The embossed dark chocolate layer sweetens it up a bit. The button and twine on your banner really make things pop. How fun and look forward to your next Four of a Kind!
    (aka bdlakebum)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing the different cards you all make . Yours is adorable too. Just gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so darn cute! I love the embossed paper.I love what you girls are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so cute! I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...