Monday, August 1, 2011

Our Idol...


As you may have heard...
one our Dolls made it all the way to the top 10 in the PC Gallery Idol Contest...
LAURIE WILLISON...
WHOO-HOO!!!
We already knew that her cardmaking skills were Idol worthy...
now the rest of the world knows it too!
And today we are celebrating her and her accomplishment with a special blog hop CASE'ing some of our favorite  "Laurie" cards.

Now...given my propensity for always assuming I'm more intelligent than I actually may be...
it's still debatable...
when this hop was first suggested by our darling Doll Lee Anne...
I thought..."Piece of cake".
My piece of cake must have been baked by Hagrid and been rock cake because it was HARD!
The problem?
In looking for a card to CASE of Laurie's...
I found so many gorgeous beauties...
I wanted to do them all!!
And would someone please remind me to order an IP with each order until I'm caught up because this Doll uses them...
a lot!
*giggle*
Ohhhh...but her skill...
her talent...
awe inspiring!
Could spend hours on her blog...
Oh! Wait...
I did!
*giggle*...again!
So I finally narrowed it down and choose this one...

Such a simple...
but stunning card!
And here's what I did...


The same...
but different.
It's me.
I love Pure Poppy...
favorite PTI color...
and I love Harvest Gold...
but I don't use them together...
it's a personal thing.
Red and yellow together reminds me of ketchup and mustard...
Ronald McDonald...
and I know...
you don't have to say it...
because I really do know...
but it's a color association thing for me...
kind'a like my eating habits...
I can't control it.
So even though Laurie made it look incredible...
I would make it look like a ketchup and mustard mess...
so I subbed Royal Velvet.
Sorry Laurie.

We are all so proud of her...
and I know that to be placed among that group of particular cardmakers...
an honor in and of itself because you are talking about 20 amazing, incredibly talented ladies...
and how could they choose?
Honestly...
I was really hoping they would just say "Too hard to choose...
everyone gets the cruise".
I know...
I also hope every time I watch "Out of Africa" that Denis doesn't crash his plane...
Karin doesn't lose the farm...
and that Emma doesn't die in "Terms of Endearment"...
which btw...
I do not recommend watching while preggers.
Don't ask...
just know that love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married threatened to call the doctor if I didn't stop crying...
and made me drink a gallon of water because he said anyone losing that much fluid...
2 boxes of tissues worth...
could die from dehydration.


So I'm optimistic.
I believe movies will magically change their endings...
and was hoping everyone would get the cruise...
because they all deserved it.
And Laurie...
in case you don't already know...
you will always be our idol! :)

Now...remember to hop along to all the other Dolls...
here's a list along with their forum names...

Amy (kolling143)
Christy (christea)
Kristin (jcmom04)
Suzanne (*suzanne*)
Katie (choc0holic)
Lee Anne (Lee Anne)
Renee (Renee L.)
Sara (hiinaz)
                                                   Tanna (tfiskers)
and join in!
Cruise over to Laurie's blog...
SoapboxCreations...
CASE a card  for yourself...
I want to see you eat that rock cake...
*giggle*
and link it up over at the Papertrey Paper Dolls using the linky tool.



The Details:
All Supplies PTI unless noted
Cardstock: Harvest Gold, Smokey Shadow, Royal Velvet,
Stamper's Select
Stamps: BB: Newsprint, Botanical Silhouettes, 
Flower Fusion #4
Ink: Momento, SU
Ribbon: PTI Saddle Stitch
Misc: bling 

17 comments :

Stephanie said...

Renee......Laurie is going to be so proud of your CASE....It's beautiful!!! Great job for a great person!

Lee Anne said...

The big question is which ink did you get to match Royal Velvet? Wow! You did a fabby job in recreating Laurie's card. Purple and yellow - can't go wrong with LSU colors, you know!

Leigh said...

Great card! I love your take on Laurie's card.
And yeah, red & gold make me think of Ronald McDonald, too. LOL!

Laurie said...

Ok Renee...you totally have me cracking up here because it is so Ketchup and Mustard! NEVER thought of that and totally needed a good laugh this morning! I love it! The Royal Velvet looks perfect in place of the Pure Poppy! It really pops off of that yellow base! You need to write a book chick! Your writing skills never cease to amaze me! You have an amazing gift and a way with words! I love reading your blog posts!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this for me today! You girls are amazing and I am so lucky to have you!!

Kristin said...

FAB-U-LOUS!! This is so great!! I love your CASE and LA is right- the color is perfect :)

christy compton hall said...

LOVE your color combo!! I never thought about it for cards, but any yellow and red in a restaurant does make me want to eat FAST. :) You did a gorgeous CASE and I'll have to remember royal velvet with B&W - stunning! One of my ordering 'rules' is to get an IP at least every other order (more CASEing options that way)!

Pam said...

Pretty purple poppies and I so want to live in your happily ever after world. You make me smile. A lot! Congratulations to all the dolls of the world today.

Cathy Weber said...

Those purple poppies are gorgeous on the newsprint. What a great tribute to Laurie. You all are so nice to do this blog hop for her. Your cards and blog posts always make me smile.

Joyce said...

What a great CASE. Love the colors you chose. I am always marking Laurie's cards to CASE, so I think I can even play along on this one.

Jen Carter said...

Your version looks great too! Love your color choice!

Sharron said...

Goodness, you gals really are DOLLS and so sweet to be honoring Laurie! Her works is amazing. And your card is fabulous--the Royal Velvet works wonderfully with the Harvest Gold. So funny to read your take on red & yellow. You're right but I never would have thought of that!

Amy said...

Love your CASE of Laurie's original! The color substitution is perfect! Your photo is great too BTW!

Sara Mac said...

Just beautiful Renee! Love this in Royal Velvet too. Your post just cracks me up.

Suzanne said...

OMG Ronald McDonald! LOL!!!!! Your card is so beautiful!!!! Love that shade of purpleblue-ish? :) Did you get the new hairdo????

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Gorgeous!!! Absolutely love it, and I like your colour combo.

Ulina /Apricot Bubbles said...

What a great idea to combine these 2 stamps - I love the idea!!
I would have never thought that text and poppies would look so great together! Thanks for sharing your cards!
Greetings from Austria!

Dana said...

These are gorgeous! Love those vivid colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...