Saturday, August 20, 2011

An Update

Sorry...
no card today.
Hopefully...
maybe...
one for tomorrow.
But I did want to stop by and say a with-all-my-heart-y'all-make-me-feel-so-good-I-just-adore-you THANK YOU.
Each and every single comment made about Gracie...
just made me smile...
cry...
and just plain feel so good after what had been a you're-just-so-glad-to-put-it-in-the-past-kind-of-week...
truly...
I adore each of you.
Now...
if you want to know if you're predictions came true...
head over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and see.
And while you're there...
you might as well just do some shopping too...
because you know you want to!
*giggle*
I started with dipping my toes...
finding some sets that needed a little lovin'...
then I got up to my kneecaps this past month with my first order...
and on the 1st...
I'm planning on just diving in!
Sneaks will be starting soon...
I can't wait!
And because it's birthday month...
and I happen to have the worst birthday...
wasn't so bad when I was born...
but this year will mark the 10th Anniversary...
so it's been 10 years since I've celebrated.
It just doesn't seem right to do so on a day when our country mourns.
I always prefer to keep it quiet...
and celebrate in my own way...
this year...
by ordering stamps!!

And a few pics of how our remodel is progressing...

That big green thing...
it's a 300 pound waterslide that we have no idea where we are going to store now.
And the sheetrock guy stood me up yesterday and today...
which is holding us up now because we can't paint till sheetrock is done...
can't lay floor until we paint...
can't trim out till the floor is laid...
which now means I probably won't be moving into this room next weekend.
Note...
there is some frustration here...
I have a happy dance...
I want to dance!

Here's some pics from the outside...
as the brick was starting to go up...
a mess...
and now as brick is finished...

Still a big mess...
but a little better...
and if you find yourself with nothing to do and can't stand being inside in air conditioning in 100 degree weather with 200% humidity...
feel free to come on over and help with cleaning up.
We have to gather up broken bricks...
wood...
sheetrock...
and then backfill with all the gravel we had to move the other night...
for which my body still aches...
so we can get ready to lay some concrete.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend...
and I'll be back with more goodies soon! 



3 comments :

  1. It looks like the room is coming along, although it probably doesn't feel that way. Hang in there--good to hear from you. Although, I might be mad at you if I spend a bunch of $$ at WM next week--or I might just think you are my new best friend. Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the post this morning and was so thrilled to see your card. I knew it would there of course--it is so special! Like you, I am anxious to see the new WM release. I don't order very often due to postage but want to get at least one of the Halloween sets. I loved them when I first saw them but you have further sold me!

    We went to see The Help today. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it because I am often disappointed if I read the book first. But I really liked it! If you see it, let me know what you think. The room is looking good. Know it will be a relief to have it all done. Try not to work too hard. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is looking so good! I know it seemed like it took forever, but in CA building time, you got it going in warp speed. I think it is going to be so nice for your family, and I'm so glad you have such a handy uncle who was able to get this job done for you! Now, get busy on some cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...