Thursday, August 11, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #59


I have really been MIA for a bit...
and doesn't look as though it's going to be ending anytime soon either.
Remodel.
Finally!
We've only been waiting over 2 months!
But with school starting...
and starting this project...
and only...
oh...
2983 other things on my plate...
haven't had a lot of "me" time in the last week...
but I loved the Waltzingmouse Sketch this week and was determined to make some time for it!
Glad I hadn't found the time quite yet because guess what...
you have to really guess...
have you guessed?
Cicely and Gracie are in the house!!
Yea!!
And honestly...
I was hoping to see them at some point this week...
but I've never ordered international before so I was prepared for a bit of a wait...
so just imagine my surprise...
and extreme happiness...
when love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married brought my Waltzingmouse package in to me yesterday afternoon!
Seriously...
I have a "happy dance"...
he has a name for it...
I'll spare you though.
*giggle*
But Claire...
YOU ROCK!!
So what do I do when I finish my dance...
the kids can eat at any time...
right?
As long as I feed them a some point?
Yup...pulled them out and started playing...
and turned to this weeks sketch for a starting point...

And here is what I did...

Here's a peek at the tag tucked inside...

I love that poem...
seriously...
love that poem.
And I knew when I first saw Claire using it that I had seen it before...
NO!
I'm not that old!
But look what I had found a few months ago...

thegraphicsfairy.com
See...
I knew I knew that poem!
And now Claire has put it in a stamp!!
Yea!!
And Claire...
if you happen to read this...
and would like ideas for next year...
I like this poem too...
thegraphicsfairy.com
But those little goblins kind'a give me the creepies!
*nervous giggle*
But stay tuned...
there will definitely be more Halloween Cicely and Gracie coming!


The Details
Cardstock: PTI Kraft
Stamps: Waltzingmoue Cicely at Halloween,
Gracie at Halloween
Ink: SU, PTI Tea Stain
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Apothecary digi
Die: PTI Tag Sale #3
Misc: black seam binding, lace, bling

16 comments :

  1. Oh I got my Cicely and Gracie this week, too, and cannot wait to use them. Your sentiment tag just goes perfectly with this sketch, Renee! I love the way you fancied up the borders, and that black and white damask paper is gorgeous with your other patterns. Those papers are so Halloweeny yet peachy and delightful and dainty at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the way you've used these new Halloween stamps - they really are super. I think the tag is fab! Just stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite cards you have ever made Renee! I know, I say that a lot, but this time it is true (at least until the next time). I love how you made a tag with that poem and I can't believe you found that poem before! I really love your suggestion for next years poem too. Great job, hope all the remodel plans are going along nicely. It shouldn't be much longer and will be so worth it! Looking forward to more of Cicely and Gracie from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! You rocked the sketch- I would not have known what to do - the tag is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool mix of papers and embellies, nice work.... thanks so much for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic Renee! You did a super job with this sketch! I'm so glad your stamps arrived so quickly - enjoy them! So glad you joined us for this week's WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, this is FABULOUS! I love the damask background and the lace. And that poem is perfect for your pull-out tag! Good luck with the remodeling project--hope everything goes smoothly. I'll be looking forward to more Halloween projects with Cicely & Gracie! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a Top Mouse with this card - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on Top Mouse! This is a really neat Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Congrats on the Top Mouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such an outstanding job with this project and I'm so very happy your WMS goodies got to you in time for this challenge. Well done, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Renee, your card looks wonderful! Congratulations on the Top Mouse award.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS Top Mouse gal! Well-deserved, Renee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is awesome and totally deserves Top Mouse Renee! Just love the LO and the papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a top mouse indeed! This is outrageously fabulous! Apologies for being so late to the party, but know I appreciate your craft tremendously all the same. I so wished I ordered this set now seeing how incredibly wonderful you have used them. So inspiring! Well deserved award, Miss Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, on your Top Mouse Award. Well deserved ,
    Such an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...