Sunday, August 21, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #61

Since I was stood up Friday...
and yesterday...
I have a feeling the sheetrock man will probably show tomorrow to finish out the drywall...
which means that I will be busier than a one armed logger this week.
First...
have you ever tried to clean sheetrock dust?
I'll be doing it for the next 6 months...
at least.
But once I find my bionic speed that I've never actually used...
and it may turn out to be nonexistent in my case...
but no worries...
the fridge is stocked with Dew...
and I have dust under control...
I will be painting.
So this week is looking to be a very busy week...
and since I got held up a bit with the room...
and I'm not painting right now like I thought I would have been...
decided to take a few minutes for...

Yes...
I do love these each week...
and this week the sketch is from the talented Sarah Martina Parker...
Now...she actually offered up 2 sketches...
one for a scrap layout...
one for a card...
I went with the card.
Just in case you were wondering.
And yes...
I wanted to try another idea with Cecily...
not too different from what I tried the other day...
but I wanted to give it a go and this sketch was the perfect opportunity...

One of the great things about Gracie and Cicely is that Claire gives you a large image of both...
and then gives you a smaller image as well...
no masking needed!
And I wanted to do a monochromatic card and give her a "sepia" look...
how did I do?
I know it's a lot of brown...
but I really like how it turned out...
and someone please remind me to also increase my Copic brown selection too!
OK...
I know I've been doing a lot of Gracie and Cicely lately...
this may be the last for a bit...
I have some other gorgeous sets that are needing some lovin'.
Hope you have enjoyed seeing Gracie and Cicely so far...
but next week...
I gotta get back to Christmas!

The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Dark Chocolate, Linen
Stamps: Cicely at Halloween, Gracie at Halloween
Patterned Paper: EP Merry Christmas digi
Ink: SU, Copic, PTI (teastain)
Dies: Spellbinders, PTI Limitless Layers
Punch: EK Success
Misc: ribbon, twine, PTI button

17 comments :

Joyce said...

What a great card. I just love how spooky it is.

Cathy Weber said...

I was almost afraid to look at your card Renee. I feel so inferior when it comes to these sketch challenges lately! This is another great one, love the sepia colors and that poem. That houndstooth paper is perfect and your bow-tying, amazing once again.

Barb said...

i love the vintage feel of this card. the coloring is perfect!

Suzanne said...

You did perfectly! I love it! You make me want to place a WMS order right now...but my wallet won't tolerate it at the moment. I can't wait to see more pics of your addition - all the dust will be worth it! But I love that kinda stuff - I even put in all the waincotting in our kitchen. Painting is my favorite - just crank the radio and let the roller fly! :) What color are you picking?

Kelly S. said...

Your coloring is just fantastic AGAIN, Renee! I just love how bold your images look. The houndstooth is an amazing background for that Cicely, the most stylish witch in town! You are just knockin' these sketches out of the park. Best wishes on your painting...I am sure it is as fabby as your marker skills, and that room is going to look teeee-rific!

Gitte said...

Stunning card

Debgem said...

You really do make fabulous cards - another brilliant one here! Love the mono look with the browns - just fabulous!

Amberbop said...

Oh girl, you've got game! I love this one. It has such a mooood. xoxo

Kim Duran said...

You are are on a roll in using these new stamps! Seriously, each card you've shared with us at Waltzingmouse has been amazing. Each so different and with such a beautiful look. I love the way the brown coloring looks like a sepia tone. You've inspired me to try coloring this way too. Thanks for sharing your creation with us. It's always such a treat!

Sharron said...

Wow, LOVE this one too! The houndstooth is a great background and the sepia looks fabulous. The coloring is wonderful--such a great job even on the bats & pumpkin. I like how Claire's images are so realistic and your coloring shows them off so well. You are really on a roll with Halloween creations. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas!

Karen M said...

Amazing talent! Your colouring is super!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, love this image in sepia tones, it looks fabulous!

Kim said...

You are getting my hooked on WM stamps! Halloween is my favorite holiday and this card is just way too adorable. I just wished I liked "coloring" as much as you do. Just beautiful and spooky enough for the goblins out there.

Amy said...

Renee!!! You have got your mojo girl! Seriously, these WMS cards are my favorites of yours! I can't wait to see MORE of WMS from you!

Ribbon Girls said...

Fantastic card! I love the poem on the distressed edge paper. And your coloring is just perfect for the card and image!

Lenet said...

Absolutely stunning, love the vintage look of it.
Thanks for joining us at WMSC

anya said...

Love, love, LOVE it! The way you colored this is just so fantastic.. this is one of my favorite Cicely cards I've seen. Great job, Renee, I've been loving what you've been creating with these gals!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...