Wednesday, September 14, 2011

4 of a Kind

First...
Thank You to everyone for the exciting, encouraging comments the other day with my big announcement...
I'm still bouncing off the walls...
and so excited I haven't been able to stop smiling...
enough that love-of-my-life is starting to wonder if I could possibly be up to something else...
I'm not!
*giggle*
And I have a hodge podge of things to catch up with today...
but first...
and most important...

Kim was in charge of kits this month...
and because I actually do try to learn from mistakes...
I remembered to take a photo of our kits...
so while these are not the greatest photos...
feast your eyes on all this deliciousness...

Kim made that fabby bag...
which I'm now hoarding.
And this was what we found inside that bag(s)...

Die cuts...
buttons galore...
let me just say it was an exciting, happy mail day that day...
and she has raised the bar on these kits!
But all this gorgeous paper...
fabulous colors...
I die!
And though I had plans of getting at least a couple of projects done with all of these goodies...
I'll touch on the reason why I didn't in a moment...
I just got this one done...

And I love this color combo that she chose for us...
Royal Velvet, Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream...
gorgeous!
And Button Boutique!
You know how I feel about it!
And our goal is to use at least 4 of the goodies sent to us each month...
so I used the button card, the sentiment, patterned paper, buttons, dress form and the card front...
all I added was the card base, doily, ribbon and bling.
Believe me...I have enough supplies to still make 2-3 more cards...
and I will get to them!
I just didn't get a chance for this post because I'm still wrist deep in paint...
and literally...
wearing it!
I'm probably going to be wearing it for the next month because let me tell you if you don't already know...
oil based paint...
it doesn't like to come off!
But some quick pics from this past weekend...
do not pay attention to any painting boo-boos...

view from entrance
another entrance view
staircase view
Still lots of equipment...
no flooring..
but they are here laying flooring right now...
YEA!!
So now a couple of snaps of an almost finished floor...


They'll finish tomorrow...
and I'll spend the rest of the week doing touch ups and finish painting...
I won't start staining the staircase till next week...
and there will be a few days of no entering the room while that's going on...
but it's almost done!
I can't wait!
FINALLY!
I hope the end of next week sees me back on a schedule...
to a routine...
and more crafty time...
YEA!!
I'll post more pics when it's all completed and tidied up.

Now...
it's time for you to go and visit Kim, Cathy and Joyce to see what they've come up with using the exact same goodies!
I LOVE this monthly project of ours...
and hope we continue long past our "experiment phase"...
hint, hint girls!!
I get so excited to see our kits...
how we interpret all the supplies and goodies...
and come up with totally different projects...
so I can't wait to see what they've done too!
Off I go!



11 comments :

  1. Wow! I love what you have done with this card. So different, and yet, we have shared some ideas--you and Cathy with the doily, you and I with the pearls. Love the ribbon and scalloped border--brilliant. And, your room is looking good, too. You must be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, your card is just so elegant. The pearls, like Joyce's card are such a nice touch. I love using doilys and it really fits in this card and the scallop boarder is just the perfect touch. Just beautiful and so is your room, looking forward to seeing more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, those colours are stunning together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. my. goodness ~ I love your card. The patterned paper scalloped border on the Royal Velvet cardstock really adds dimension to this card. Perfect use of the doily backdrop for dress form with pearl neckline and button card. Your bow finishes it with style. Super!
    (aka bdlakebum)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to stop over and see what you came up with after seeing Joyce and Cathy's card. I love this idea, such different cards. Yours is beautiful too. Love it!
    Nice room too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby card! I LOVE your layout--fantastic use of the colors and the design elements! The new room is really coming along too. It looks wonderful. Isn't it fun to have new flooring put in---love how it seems to instantly change the whole look.

    What did you think of The Help? Did you love it? I thought they did a great job of following the book.

    Should be an exciting night with the PTI release. With that and the WM sneak peaks, I foresee many temptations in my future!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Your room is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful and I adore the pearl necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card looks FABULOUS! And your kit club is really a great idea! I'm a kit fanatic, have been for years, and the way you're doing it is a great way to use up supplies. I've been wishing lately that PTI had some kind of a monthly kit club (or maybe not, would probably just mean I'd spend more money ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is really pretty! I love all the layers and what a fun challenge! Your new flooring looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your remodel looks amazing and I can't wait to see pics of it completely done with furniture in it! 4 of a kind sounds like soo much fun! Beautiful colors. My favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...