Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cicely Goes CASual

Quickie post.
I know...
coming from me...
that's an oxymoron if there ever was one...
*giggle*.
But I really do have to keep it quick...
painting.
I think I will die painting...
or staining...
because I'm going to start the staircase this week...
and we won't be able to go into the family room until that's all dried and sealed...
but when it's done...
we will finally be through with this remodel...
hal-le-lu-jah!!
I know in reality it's not really been that bad...
but patience is not something I actually possess...
and this remodel has taken away almost all of my "me time"...
so...
I'm getting antsy.
And also...
when it's finished...
and I've finished rearranging almost the entire house...
I will actually have a larger "crafty " space.
I'm turning what is currently the living room into the dining room...
and what is currently my dining room/crafty space into a crafty/sitting room...
see...
there is another very valid reason for my impatience!

OK...so been very busy the last few weeks and every Friday CASual Fridays new challenge comes up on my reader and I think to myself...
"Self...you're doing this challenge!"
But me being myself...
I then get busy and I forget...
until I see the new challenge.
But this week...
I didn't forget.


In fact...
because I had already been wanting to try out my new Spellbinders Postage Stamps dies that my beautiful, wonderful, talented, love-her-more-than-bacon friend Cathy (Empty Nest Crafter) sent me for my birthday last week...
which happens to fall on one of the worst days of the year and that's why I haven't celebrated it in 10 years so she tickled me pink when I got happy mail that day...
and I thought this would be the perfect chance to break them out.
Had already been playing around with an idea that was borrowed from Claire at Waltzingmouse Stamps when she had a special release last month with Cicely and Gracie...
and you know how I love Cicely and Gracie...
you can see Claire's cards here...
and here is a much simplier  CAS version in mini...

And then...
I packaged them up...
I even have 3x3 clear envies...
I love clear envies...
have them in all sizes...
and I really love colored, clear envies...
and here they are all tied up with a ribbon and bow...



The Details:
Cardstock: PTI True Black, Terracotta Tile, Rustic Cream
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Cicely at Halloween
Dies: Spellbinders
Ink: Momento, Copics,  PTI Tea Stain
Misc: ribbon, box, twine, button

14 comments :

  1. perfectly adorable mini cards. those clear envelopes are great. where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your adorable cards...just way too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute mini cards. Perfect for halloween treats. They look so cute on that postage stamp die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some strange reason I couldn't post comments yesterday but it's all better this morning. Love your adorable mini cards! I have decided to get this set! There are just so great sets in this release--so hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these, and look at that postage frame. Just adorable with these cards. I love all that sponging you did on them to create the shadowy effect. Glad you were able to use the dies, I knew you would create something great with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS these are absolutely adorable!!! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling collection of cards Renee! Love the soft shading around the jack o lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super CUTE, Renee!! I love the postage edge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These mini Halloween cards are just adorable Renee! Glad to hear your reno is almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling set!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are too cute for words!! Love that you made them into a set. Congrats on your new crafty space. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mini cards soooo much! They are just perfect for LOTS of things! These are adorable and I LOVE those postage dies! They are definitely on my "must-have" list!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...