Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's Time to Dance...

**2nd post.  If you're looking for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for this week...scroll down**


You know what today is...
it's the 17th...
time for the monthly Blog Waltz at Waltzingmouse stamps...
You don't want to miss this...
so much deliciously yummy inspiration...
amazing creativity...
I love waltzing!
Now...
because I have been busier than a one arm logger this week...
but fantastic news...
the remodel is complete...
whew!
I was running out of patience...
and money...
*giggle*
But now we're just doing touch ups and finish painting the trim...
and next week I'll stain the staircase...
but hoping that my life gets some kind of semblance of a routine to it now...
and I will have much more crafty time...
yea!!
I've missed "my" time...
and have been suffering serious withdrawals.
But I had to make sure I made a little time for participating...
and since Halloween is coming...
and it's the theme for this month's Waltz...
I decided to go with what Halloween is all about...
the candy.
*giggle*
My oldest little guy is 9 and such a boy...
and I know his classmates will get a serious "woooo-hooo" factor going on with Wanda's Pantry...
and this set is designed for serious Halloween treats...


I tried to make these pictures a little "darker"...
it didn't really work so well...
sorry.
I'll work on photography skills...
promise.
But until then...
just bare with me...


I saw that Claire had used the red "print" on some of the design samples...
such a cool touch...
and I absolutely loved the idea...
so I borrowed it because there are some 9 year old little guys that will think it's the coolest thing when they see it...
and of course...
I'll be such a cool mom...
Thanks, Claire!
You're going to make me look good!
*giggle*


Now...I kept these simple and easy for a reason...
I have about 60 treats to make for the kids classes...
so I need something that I can make fairly inexpensively...
quickly...
and easily.
And I've seen these little clear envelopes used in this way on a few different blogs...
just filled with M & M's, Skittles, gumballs...
anything that will fit...
easy peasy.
Now I ordered my envelopes from clearbagsrus.com...
I love clear envelopes and they even have colored ones...
I love color...
and I've only ordered once...
but service was incredible!
I ordered on Friday...
received on Monday...
super fast.
And when you break down the cost of these clear envelopes compared to clear tubes...
extremely economical too!

So a super easy...
super quick...
economical treat idea for Halloween.
You can even give these as treats at the door...
if you don't happen to live in a neighborhood where it seems they must bus kids in just to come knocking on your door for candy.
This happened to us...
we lived on a military post and everyone warned me how many kids would knock on our door Halloween night...
so I bought tons of candy...
literally...
TONS...
and I still ran out!!
We turned out the lights and hid when I ran out of Little Debbie snacks and was about to start handing out frozen veggies.
There had to have been over 500 kids that night...
no lie!
And I really think I saw a bus drive by while I was hiding in the dark.

OK...
I'm off to see what everyone else has come up with that I can oogle over...
and why just sit there?
Come on!
Join in the fun!


The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Rustic White, Smokey Shadow, Terracotta Tile
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Wanda's Pantry
Ink: Momento
Misc: clear envelopes (clearbagsrus), M & M's


18 comments :

  1. I do enjoy reading your posts - and today's is such fun! Thanks. I love your Halloween treats - the tubes of sweets with the suitably ghoulish labels are perfect for the lads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab treat labels, in traditionally spooky colours, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun treats for the kids Renee! these labels are so spooky - I'm sure they'll laugh over them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, Renee, Renee, what a spread! the clear envelope Idea is genius, cheers for the link!!! and I loved your halloween candy story, lol, frozen veggies!! lol. What Super cool halloween treats Renee!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Renee...aren't these GREAT. The Rescue Remedies labels look fantastic with your treat tubes. 60 TREATS...EEK~

    They turned out wonderfully, and I'm sure the kids will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that treat idea, and the labels are so cute, but spooky at the same time. You truly will be the coolest mom in the class. Gotta check out those clear envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a feeling Trick or Treating at your house could be a blast! Love your little Halloween favors. You should indeed be the mother of the day. The 'bloody fingerprints' will be a huge hit with your little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun collection of WM tags! Great way to share all the wonderful WM Halloween stamps! Thanks so much for joining along with the WM waltz :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever and cute are your wonderfully fun decorated candy tubes!! LOVE your tags, and that fabulously creepy blood print!! Too, too fun. The kids will love these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, I love those tubes and that bloody fingerprint is such a great touch. Your kids will love these! Such a good blog waltz project Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these, Renee! Want to make 18 more for me?? LOL I have to come up with a good idea for my kiddos at school and these might just be it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these are just fantastic. I am certain the kids will love them x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee your posts.. they always ALWAYS make me SMILE!! (I know I say this everytime dont I! :) but its TRUE!) I LOVE those cute treats.. I NEED to order from them! I love clear and color too! :) and a big YEAH on the remodel being done!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet treat tubes Renee! Thanks for sharing your art with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those little treat tubes are so cute and that fingerprint is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are so great, Renee! I just love that you found the perfect treats to match the labels. The bloody thumbprint is key, I forgot that little tidbit from the release. Also wanted to say that your postage stamp pumpkin set is AWESOME...those gingham bows, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these little treat sacks and HAD to buy some last year and there they've sat. I need to use them for my daughter's Halloween treats! I don't have Wanda's pantry but it sure looks fun to pair up with these kind of treats! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...