Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WMSC#63

Boy...
it's been a while!
I know you have so many other blogs to read so didn't even notice I was gone...
but honestly...
I've missed you!
I love sitting down to chat...
and I've missed that lately.
But I've been wrist deep in paint...
lucky I haven't been ankle deep...
literally...
I'm very lucky to have not stepped in a paint can somewhere...
so I've been so busy with getting this room remodel done...
hoping it's done this week...
that I haven't even had time to stamp, cut or glue.
But I did manage to get a card done for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge though...
only because we had a 3 day weekend and no men were cutting, hammering or needing coffee yesterday...
so here is the sketch by the very talented Anya Schrier...
I thought I knew exactly what I was going to do when I got a chance...
but then I saw some scraps pieces from a card a few weeks ago that were perfect for this card...
pieces of my favorite Halloween paper...
seriously...
I love this paper!
So I changed my mind and did another Halloween card...
but we haven't left the 60's in the past 2 days...
of course it's also been raining...
and leaves are starting to fall so I've got Autumn on the mind.
Now...
I'm a Southerner born and bred...
I know it's a tricksey...
Summer is not over yet...
but the past couple of days have me wishing and hoping for an early fall.
And while at the grocery I noticed all the Halloween candies coming out...
I love Halloween candy...
candy corn...
indian corn...
and you can truly only find that at Halloween...
I love the individual sizes and packages of every kind of candy known to man...
I don't feel so guilty eating an entire bag of something if it only contains 5 pieces...
of course...
then I usually eat 2.
*giggle*
OK...
before I actually admit exactly how many I will sometimes eat...
here's my take on Anya's uber fabby sketch...

My sewing machine started messing up while doing this stitching and I was saying things that were not so nice about my machine...
good thing the kiddies were not around...
when I realized I actually liked it this way.
Kind'a like old wallpaper that is frayed and tearing in places...
I don't know...
what do you think?

OK...
you have to promise to come back this weekend...
I have some news...
but because I love tricksey's...
I'm keeping it a secret and making you come back...
I'm so mean...
*giggle*
I'm really hoping that the room is done too and I might have some pics...
though no furniture because it won't be here till next week...
but you gotta come back to see exactly what it is I'm going to reveal....
*giggle*



The Details:
Cardstock: PTI True Black, Vintage Cream 
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Wanda's Pantry
Patterned Paper: EP Apothecary digi
Dies: Spellbinders
Ink: Momento
Misc: seam binding, PTI button 

17 comments :

  1. What a fabulous card. You must be trying to get me in the Halloween mood with this card and all that talk about candy! It's blazing hot here today, hard to imagine that fall is just around the corner. Can't wait to see your secret, and also pictures of your new room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful! i love the stitching and bow...i can't wait to see the room pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! I love the paper!!! Oh, this is just absolute perfection.

    And a SECRET? How could you do this to me? I can't take it!!!! I will be back anyway, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh goodie, I love secrets! And I love this card, too...you are supposed to say you MEANT to do the awesomely cool zigzag stitching because I would never guess it was a sewing machine gone awry! Would just have thought you were getting creative (as usual)! Love those papers and awesome bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card...love the paper. And that stitching..love it too. If you hadn't told us your machine was messing up I would have thought you did it on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WONDERFUL Renee!!! Love the colors you chose for your card!!! Great take on Anya's sketch!
    Yeah, sewing machines can drive you crazy (-:. Sometimes it can be VERY tough not to say what you want to when you have 16 impatient students (and 16 sewing mashines that have been roughly treated over the years) listening to you... while you are trying to figure out what's wrong this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew this card was yours before I even scrolled down far enough to see your name! So pretty and I love the stitching on it, I thought your sewing maching mess ups were on purpose, adds to the overall effect of the card. Really pretty bow too! Great job once again Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been missing you! And I will be back to see your little *secret* this weekend. hehe Can't wait for that. Now for this fabulous card....I love your *messed up* sewing! It looks so shabby and goes along well with Halloween! Awesome work Renee!!! I'm enjoying this weather....off to a football game tonight. It's perfect for it here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh...I love your card! Halloween is my favorite holiday and I too love candy corn. It is so hard to just eat a few and sometimes I will have to say that before I know half the bag will be gone! You are so creative and the colors of your card are just perfect and the sentiment too. Just perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For this card it is definitely no problem that your sewingmachine didn't do a good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely missed you--and so glad you were able to squeeze in an inky project! LOVE it! Those papers are wonderful. And the sentiment, awesome bow and the 'messy' stitching all make for a fantastic creation!

    Guess what--it's cool here--hooray!! I'm loving every minute of it. I'll be looking forward to finding out about your secret surprise--love secrets--what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Renee! love the papers and fun stitching on this spooky cute Halloween creation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Renee - I do love to read your posts - it's just like having a conversation with you!! Secrets!!! Love them - can't wait to hear about yours.

    Now your card - you've done it again girl! This is just fantastic! Love the papers and the stitching really works :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card! LOVE it!! You did great with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this!! fabby papers and the stitching is brilliant! Thanks for joining us at the WMSC this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a fun card and I think the stitching is perfect for Halloween! Gret job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you did with the sketch Renee and I agree with you that the stitching really adds something! Godd luck with the decorating.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...