Saturday, September 10, 2011

WMSSC #64 and Some News



OK...
I promised you some news today...
didn't I?
And I do have some...
and let me tell you it's been hard keeping this under wraps.
as you may have picked up on in the past...
I have a problem with keeping things to myself.
It's why I never pursued my dream of being an FBI agent...
a real life Clarice Starling...
ok...
that and the fact that I have nerves of noodles.
But I tell things...
I tell lots of things.
So just the fact that I have actually kept this secret...
well...
mark your calendars because it's an accomplishment!
Ready...

are you sure...

I cut off all my hair!!

Seriously...
I did!
And I actually did it about a month ago...
but since I remembered after cutting it why I don't keep it short...
think...
a poodle on acid...
Bozo after receiving an electric shock...
it's taken me a while to get used to it...
and a huge thank-you-I-love-you-more-than-bacon to whoever invented flat irons...
but here's proof...


And just why am I choosing to now reveal this new short "do" you ask yourself...
well...
a secret deserves a new look don't you think...
and surely you didn't think that was my big secret...
right?
I mean...
I've discussed my views on thongs and how I believe they were invented by terrorists as a form of torture and confession with you...
so do you honestly believe I think a haircut is a huge secret?
Yeah...
I told people before I did it!
My friend Suzanne (TheCardYard) and I were talking haircuts for a week before we both took the plunge!
No...
my secret is much better...
but I wanted to play a tricksey...
did I get you?
Please tell me I did...
because I'm one of those annoying people who loves to jump out and say "boo" when you least expect it and then bust a gut laughing at the way you may jump and scream...
I especially love doing it with the kiddies...
I know...
I should be ashamed of myself for finding it extremely amusing to scare them...
but I love the hugs and kisses amid giggles afterwards.
Kind'a like "laughter through tears is one of my favorite emotions"...
name that movie!
And no...
I now no longer expect invitations to parties because I just confessed to this annoying habit.
So here is the reason for a new photo...
the real secret...



http://waltzingmousesketchchallenge.blogspot.com/

I'M A WALTZINGMOUSE MISCHIEF MAKER!!!


I have been bouncing off the walls for the last week with this secret...
literally...
love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married threatened to hide the Mtn Dew because he said I was too wired and he would probably have to tie me to a chair if I didn't settle down...
he didn't though.
He remembered who cooks his meals and does his laundry...
he loves me.
*giggle*
But I am so incredibly honored to be included with this incredibly talented group of ladies...
with such an incredible company...
and Claire's incredibly stunning images...
and...
can I use incredible just one more time...
*giggle*...
I'm incredibly excited!!
YEA!!
I know...
I'm cheering for myself...
I can't help it...
I'm rude...
I'm so sorry!
But I'm excited!
And this week starts this incredible (I know...I'm searching for new adjectives right now) journey...
so here is the sketch for this week...
by the amazingly (gottcha!) talented Anya Schrier...



and here is what I did...

Very CAS this week...
but as soon as I saw the sketch I knew what I wanted to use...
Waltzingmouse Festive Foliage.
Have you seen this set?
Stunning realism...
I mean we are talking absolute perfection...
they literally look as though you've stepped into the woods and plucked a branch of pine...
holly...
mistletoe...
and placed them onto a card.
Granted I embossed mine...
and I've never seen gold pine before...
if I ever do...
I'll keep that secret and cash in...
*giggle*...
but I also need to ask...
have you ever received Holiday cards after the Holiday?
You know...
like a week after?
Yeah...
those would be from me.
Every year I swear I'm mailing Christmas cards the week after Thanksgiving...
that's a laugh because I'm usually still making them on December 23rd!
So this year I'm making some special cards...
to be sent out or given to those closest to me...
and then for others on my list...
I have a long Christmas card list...
like neighbors...
teachers...
church members...
I'm keeping it simple and making cards that are easy to mass produce.
I like variety...
but I also like to be able to sit down and in an hour have 6-8 cards of a certain style ready to address and pop into the mail...
and this fits the criteria perfectly!
Flat...no embellishments to get caught into the sorting machine...
ok...there's the little gold pearl...but I think we can overlook it...
and so easy to put together!
Perfect CAS card for mass producing that looks (I hope) so elegant that people will think I spent oodles of time making it!
And guess what...
presto...
chango...
ala' macaroni...
switch the sentiment...
and you have a perfect winter birthday card!

OK...
a long post...
I know...
but I had news...
and now that I'm done...
pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog...
check out what my lovely accomplices of Mischief have been up to...
and play along!
Come on...
what are you waiting for...
we can't wait to see what you come up with!


The Details
Cardstock: PTI Ocean Tides, Pinefeather and Vintage Cream
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Festive Foliage, Compliments of the Season
Ink: Versamark Watermark
Dies: PTI Double Ended Banner
Misc: bling, embossing powder














20 comments :

  1. LOL! Thank you for making me smile so much - this was fun to read. So pleased to hear your news - well deserved too! Congratulations :)

    And your card for the sketch is simply gorgeous! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I knew it!! When you said you had a surprise announcement, it was the first thing I thought of--such a well-deserved honor! I am so excited for you. You kind of threw me when you started by saying you got your hair cut--which looks adorable. Very tricky! But such a wonderful way to start Saturday morning--you always make me smile. Your card is fabulous too. Have fun on this new journey! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! Welcome aboard, chickie, you are an incredible addition! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! And your haircut is fabulous, too (I just love all kinds of secrets :)!! CONGRATULATIONS, RENEE!
    PS...your card is so elegant and fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your wonderful news Renee - look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG....Renee. I'm so doing the happy dance here for you right now!!! I knew *just knew* it had to be about WMS....hehe. You will be such an incredible addition to this team I tell ya! You make some amazing things with their stamps! Way to go my friend! And your hair? OMG. Cute! Seriously, that is a fab hairstyle!!! Ok, enough blubbering......have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAH!!!!!!! I hope all those exclamation points give a little clue to how excited (and proud) of you I am to read this great news. You and I have talked about mischief makers so often and now, I am lucky enough to have one who I consider my dearest friend. Your cards are gorgeous, your blog is either hysterical or makes me cry and you are the best friend, ever. I love this weeks card, CAS. My favorite. Congratulations, you are going to do even more amazing things. Your hair, so cute and trendy, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First...love the short hair. I just cut mine off too and so wishing I wouldn't have. My hubby told me not to worry it will grow back. And second...CONGRATS girl!! That is great news. I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHH!!!! This is SO AWESOME and I am so excited for you, Renee! You're gonna be so perfect for this team and I absolutely cannot wait to see what you make with all their goodies! Oh, I am on Cloud 9 for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such wonderful news. I have to say, that when you said you had a surprise, I was guessing that you were asked to be on the WM design team. So, that's what this is, right? Wonderful news, and well deserved. Now, I will have to at least buy a stamp set to keep up with you. And, the haircut is so cute. Very mod. You deserve everything good that comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee...love your hair! It is just too dang cute and you look adorable. Congrats on your news from WMS too, how fun! Looking forward to seeing and casing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card Renee - the pine boughs and cones are one of my favs! Beautiful CAS design - AND..... I'm SO excited that you are now a Mischief Maker!! I can't wait to see your sketch cards each week - you are such a creative stamper!!! AND - I like your hair cut.....!

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally cute haircut girl.....I luv it...your card is awesome and I couldn't be happier joining the WM MM with you...hope you have a super day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so awesome! I love reading your posts! They totally make me smile! I love your hair cut AND I am super excited about you being an MM!! YAY!!! Congrats girly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY Renee!!! So excited for you! Can't wait to see all you do with WMS. Again, I love the new haircut. Very brave to cut it all off. Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Renee!!!! Congrats!!! You are so, so talented in your writing and your card making! I just love reading your posts! Your card is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the hair and am so happy to have you join us Mischief Makers! Your CAS card is so pretty this week - great start! Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your new haircut, it looks fabulous .
    CONGRATS!!!!!!! So happy for you, and it's so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A huge CONGRATS, Renee! Well deserved!! Love your card - that set is one of my favs. And love your haircut.....wish I were brave enough to go shorter with mine.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always suspected you were quite the "mischief maker" lol!! Seriously Renee, I'm very happy for you!! And your new picture/hairdo, WOWIE, you look AMAAAAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...