Tuesday, October 18, 2011

4 of a Kind

It's October...
and time for another 4 of a Kind with the fabby Cathy at Empty Nest Crafter, Joyce at Cards-By-the-Sea and Kim at Cupcakes, Cards and Kim.
This month Joyce was in charge of kits...
and she sent so many goodies...
I actually got 2 cards done for this one!
And goodies left over!
Yea!!
She used PTI's Up, Up and Away...
which I don't own so it was a lot of fun for me to get to use a set that I've never used before.
Now I understand why this set is so popular.
And this is where I should be showing you a shot of everything the kit contained...
the kit that I could have sworn I took a couple of photos of...
but somehow they disappeared.
We'll blame it on the kids...
they'll never know!
*giggle*
So instead I'll show you finished cards...
and hope that Joyce remembered to take a shot of the goodies!
I didn't add anything but some coloring and the card base to this one.


And just some more coloring, button and base to this one!

Each month I've gotten my kit...
it's been like Christmas Eve...
ripping into packages to see what's in there...
what set are we working with...
I've loved each one!
And next month...
it's my turn!!

Now it's time for you to hop over to Joyce, Cathy and Kim's blogs to check out the ideas they came up with  using all the kit goodies!


*Note...I'm also entering this into Jen's Paper Dolls Challenge using twine!  I'm going to get caught up eventually!

12 comments :

  1. Renee, your cards are just beautiful! I love the way you colored the hot air balloons, makes me feel like I am floating in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two cards!! I love them both, and love your coloring. Your cards are so unique, and yet you used the same exact stuff. I am still in amazement at how our minds work. This is so fun to see, and I'm glad you had fun working with your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so good...and I mean really good. I love that sentiment strip layered over the fillable frame on the first one and the twine tied over the polka dot strip on the second. As always, your coloring is spectacular, you always do such a good job with that. This was a set to use and I am really enjoying our 4 of a Kind projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! I must say, I am especially smitten by the second card's fun twine treatment. Looks fresh off an actual hot air balloon. You ladies are so creative and such inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Renee! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Renee - what a super idea and a great way to share sets you've haven't got!! I do like your cards - particularly the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've mastered coloring these balloons! They're both amazing! I love the colors and the polka dots too. Wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards using the same theme, but totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous job on both! I need a birthday card for our son-in-law and this will be the perfect set to use. I haven't used it for a while but love it. Your coloring looks fantastic and I really like the twine treatment on your second card--just might have to CASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee, you've done a fabulous job here using pieces from Joyce's jam-packed kits. How fun is that. Your cards are beautiful and love the way you layered your sentiments and added the twine. Great coloring also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the colors in the kit you received! Those balloons look amazing in yellows and blues. Way to go to get a Paper Doll challenge out of the way! I'm so far behind! :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both so pretty! I love this color combo! I need to get on the ball and get some challenges done too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...