Saturday, October 8, 2011

Christmas Greetings


Yes...
you read right.
Christmas Greetings.
I know.
It's Halloweeny time!
Don't ask...
it's a song love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married came up with for the kids years ago...
and well...
I can't explain how that man's mind works so...
we'll just go with Halloweeny time...
*giggle*

But yet...
if it's Halloweeny time...
why I am doing Christmas?
Because it's Saturday...
it's a long weekend...
the kids are on break...
the weather is gorgeous...
and it's time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
why else?
*giggle*

I loved this weeks sketch when I first saw it...
another uber fabby one from Claire...
and this is my take on it...
A classic Christmas.
Red, green and white.
I truly believe the sentiments from Compliments of the Season are my absolute fave...
the fonts Claire used on this set are stunning...
and I can just never get enough of them.
And then paired with her gorgeous Big Blooms Poinsettia...
*sigh*.
And since the room is now done...
I'm wanting to put up my Christmas tree...
and yes...
I asked...
he said "no"...
but it's going to be perfect in front of the windows and I can already see it...
and for the record I am an artificial tree person because even though I love real trees...
I can't wait till December to put one up...
mine will be up the first Saturday in November.
But love-of-my-refuses to decorate the exterior till Thanksgiving weekend...
he's the fuddy dud who always rains on my Christmas parade...
*giggle*
Seriously...
I'm ready to start bringing the decorations down...
putting on some Christmas tunes...
Elton John's "Step Into Christmas" kicks me off in the Holiday spirit every year...
and then a little Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation"...
Will Farrell in "Elf"...
and we can't leave Ralphie from this Norman Rockwell Christmas scene...
*giggle*
So yes...
I'm getting geared up for Christmas...
Christmas Greetings!

Now...
it's time for you to go check out all the gorgeous eye candy my fellow Makers of Mischief have for you over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog...
and while you're there...
go take a peeksy at Claire's blog to see some sneaks of a special release this month...
I'm already in love...
*sigh*
And then play with us!
You could win a stamp of your choice just for playing along...
one winner each week...
so why are you just sitting there...
come on let's play!


The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, Pinefeather and Rustic White
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Compliments of the Season, Big Blooms Poinsettia
Die: Spellbinders
Ink: Momento, Copics
Misc: seam binding, button and bling


8 comments :

  1. Your beautiful poinsettia looks wonderful against the black card stock Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. No wonder you are a mischief maker. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking I need a poinsettia stamp and you just sealed the deal for me. I need one. Such a beautiful card Renee and of course there is that perfect bow again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always color so beautifully, this poinsettia is gorgeous. This is a really nice sketch and your take is just perfect, especially with the poinsettia and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A proper traditional Christmas card - love the rich colours and the lovely poinsettia.

    But while it's okay to get ahead with the Christmas cards - it's still way to early for the decorations!! Ours come out the first weekend in December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, lovely colouring on the poinsettia, and this sketch is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Renee--I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch. Your coloring is always so beautifully done and the poinsettia is just beautiful! Adore the rich colors and elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really starting to fall in love with the WM stamps. I am in awe of this card, it is just breath takingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...