Monday, October 17, 2011

It's The Great Pumpkin...

and it's time to Waltz.
Blog Waltz that is...
Every 17th Waltzingmouse hosts it's monthly inspiring Blog Waltz...
and guess what today is?
Yup!
You guessed it!
I'm dancing today, baby...
*giggle*

Now before I show you what I came up with...
did you get everything you wanted Saturday?
Were you as awed, inspired, amazed as I was at Claire's stunningly gorgeous images...
and did the DT cause you to gasp and pass out like I did?
I think this was the best release ever...
everyone just exceeded all creative boundaries with this one!
Loved every moment...
now I'm getting geared up to start stalking the mailman!
*giggle*

And speaking of the mailman...
he was late with a package last week.
Not really...
but he didn't bring it when I felt like he should...
and we all know that he should be on my schedule and not his...
right?
And since this particular package had a set in there that I was hoping to use for today...
well...
I had to get a little creative since I knew time was short.
With the theme being Thanksgiving/Thankful...
isn't Claire the sweetest for including American Holidays...
I wanted to make a Thanksgiving card...
and there are just certain visual things that are associated with our Thanksgiving...
turkey's, pumpkins, cornucopias...
you get the idea.
Now to be quite honest...
it's not my favorite Holiday.
I love being with family...
that's my favorite part...
and I like turkey...
love a lot of the various foods...
but I'm not a big eater.
You wouldn't know it to look at me...
but I'm really more of a nibbler.
Unless it's chocolate...
and we will not discuss what kind of hurt I can put on chocolate.
Or cake.
Or pie.
Can you tell that I might possibly be an "eat dessert first" kind of person...
*giggle*


So the mailman was late and I had to get creative...
and I did this all by myself!


OK...
I lied.
The Cricut actually cut the pumpkin...
I failed scissor cutting in kindergarten.
But I stamped it all by myself!
*giggle*
I used Waltzingmouse Offbeat Patterns to create this "country pumpkin".
Love the mix of different patterns in this set...
polka dots...
checks...
grid...
and look at that plaid!
I made it just by using different colors of ink with the double line stamp that's included!
And then a little Waltzingmouse Say It Loud Winter Holiday for the sentiment...
I know...
it's speaks softly...
I tried to use that big, gorgeous Blessings stamp...
only my pumpkin was too big.
I may have gotten a little carried away with the sizing.
But I think this lends a little elegance to my "country" though...
what do you think?

I've had that green corrugated paper forever.
Seriously...
years!
Bought it for something long before I even discovered cardmaking...
and since I seem to buy almost everything in bulk...
have quite a little stash...
and have just been waiting for a chance to use it!
A little faux stitching...
by the time I realized it needed a little stitching it was already assembled and glued...
so don't look close!...
I also failed penmanship.
But a little lace and a bow...
viloa!
A Country Thanksgiving!

Now...
would you care to join me in Waltzing off to see all the other inspirational projects that I know are waiting for us to feast upon?
You can find all the details here!

OH!  And BTW...
the mailman brought my package on Friday...
after I finished my card on Thursday.


The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Offbeat Patterns, Say it Loud Winter Holiday
Die: PTI double ended banner
Ink: Momento and SU
Misc: pumpkin SVG myscrapchick.com, seam binding, button, corrugated paper, lace, bling








26 comments :

  1. Renee, I love your country pumpkin, that plaid looks delicious! Happy Waltzing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dimensional pumpkin! It looks really cool. It's a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mailman should be late more often - this is a stunning creation! Fabby pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute country pumpkin. Love all the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks FAB - lovely layout and a great card. It reminds me of patchwork - I really like the faux stitching and the mixture of patterns - great stamping!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your country pumpkin and the patterns you made are awesome - have to check out that offbeat set right away!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who needs the mailman when you have your cricut and a gallon of creativity, Renee? That PLAID, eeeeek! Clapping at my keyboard, it's so perfect! I just love the dimension you created with the those patterns, and the color combo is divine! And that little lace border defintely made my heart go pitty pat. What a way to wake up this morning :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Renee! love your stamped die cut pumpkin - what a wonderful mixture of patterns and color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Renee. Love how you personalized your pumpkin with the WMS images. Love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee, this is fabulous! The plaid is awesome! I love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a gorgeous pumpkin! Love all the patterns! Has a real country feel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable county pumpkin and I love all the different patterns on the layers. I'm glad you found such a good use for your currugated card - I bet you're glad you held onto it now! I sympathise with your stalking the mailman. I just had to wait a whole month for my PTI order to get to me in England!!! Oh the pain of waiting.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that country pumpkin. Sometimes necessity drives creativity to new heights, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the stamping on your pumpkin - just so funky! Super cute card. And don't you just hate it when the postman's late!

    I'm stalking my postman now - hopefully order should arrive on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Renee, I love that pumpkin, I love that you've got all those offbeat backgrounds mixed and matched in contrasting colours, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I, for one am glad that mailman brought your package late. This is a really creative card, one I think will be CASED, a lot! I love the texture to it, that corrugated paper and offbeat patterns stamps. (I ordered them, by the way)... bet I used them a lot after seeing your great card today. Loved it, Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee - gotta hate the mailman sometimes!! No wonder the dog is always barking at him! Love your card. The pumpkin looks great - all the different patterns really lend a texture to it and that beautiful lace border gets me thinking table linen. I really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Country pumpkin", lol! Your little patchwork pumpkin is adorable! Love the rough corrugated background with the delicate lace, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fabulous! And I agree with Cathy--good thing the mailman was late. Love how you used Offbeat Backgrounds! One of my favorite stamps is the one for making plaids. I adore country, folksy creations and this one is a SO WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty and unusual. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I, for one, am glad that your package was a bit late, because it means that you created this little treasure to inspire us. LOVE your little pumpkin - plaid, polka dots, checks, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome card - love all the patterns and texture! That pumpkin is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi,
    Ilaughed about your story telling :-)
    This card looks great!
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  24. what an adorable pumpkin!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE that layered pumpkin! The plaid is just too cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...