Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's Official...



I'm addicted.
To plaid.
OK...
I've always loved plaid...
any plaid...
blame it on my young obsession with The Bay City Rollers...

see what I mean?
Only they could mix plaid and stripes and get away with it...
right?
OK...
that and the fact that it was the 70's...
not the best fashion era.
But I love plaid...
bold...


soft...

small...


holiday...

dishes...


luggage...

the most famous plaid of all...

I love plaid...
always have...
always will.

And because it's Saturday...
http://waltzingmousesketchchallenge.blogspot.com/

and time for this weeks Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
this one from the fabulous Kelly Schirmer...

And since I've been seeing plaid ever since the mailman decided to be late last week...
though it could be argued that I may not have been graced with the virtue of patience...
I may have gotten carried away with playing around with making my own plaid paper...
I couldn't help it.
I was having fun!
*giggle*
And the fact that Claire makes it so easy with her incredible Off Beat Backgrounds set...
when the mailman showed up with Bountiful Baskets Additions...
I was able to use it all for this weeks sketch...


Think of all the possibilities with this...
you can stamp and customize not only your own backgrounds for cards...
scrapbooks...
but your own wallpaper...
your own fabric!
Curtains...
pillows...
linens...
I even offered to make love-of-my-life some plaid pants...
he said "no".
Fuddy dud.


But enough of my obsessions...
now it's time for you to head over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog and check out all the gorgeous cards my fellow Makers of Mischief have come up with...
we can't wait to see what you come up with!
And just for participating...
one lucky person will be drawn to receive the stamp set of their choice!
So what are you waiting for...
come on and play!


The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream, Terracotta Tile, Scarlett Jewel
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Off Beat Backgrounds, Bountiful Basket Additions
Ink: SU, Momento, Copics
Dies: Spellbinders, PTI Skateboard and Doily Details
Misc: PTI button and linen twine, seam binding








11 comments :

  1. I love the plaid too! All the different possibilities! I love the simple plaid here, it makes the perfect backdrop to that wonderful pumpkin basket, coloured so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I'm always guaranteed a smile when I read your posts. I so remember the Bay City Rollers - sigh!!! Love your take on the sketch - and the colours you've used for your plaid - just fab! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee.......I always love your cards and the plaid is just awesome with that harvest basket! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card. But, I'm sorry about the Bay City Rollers. I'm not sure you are cool enough to still be my friend.....well, you are pretty nice, so I might let this one slide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone else is commenting on the Bay City Rollers, but all I could think about was Patrick and his plaid pants! That would be a site. Your plaid card is so pretty and you stamped those stripes so perfectly, they are absolutely straight and the ink is so evenly stamped! I know that is tough, at least it was for me. Your big bow was the perfect touch and no surprise that your coloring was spot on. Great card today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that's not patterned paper, Renee! You stamped the plaid beautifully! This is perfect Fall card - the basket is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I luv plaid too, your card is so sweet, great coloring...hope you have a great day girlie!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok...I don't have a clue as to who the Bay City Rollers are, maybe if you sang one of their songs for me!
    Just wonderful plaid you created, you are just so cleaver and creative. It is the perfect card for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you got your WMS goodies! It's so fun to play with new things! hehe (I just got my Wplus9 goodies today! yippee!) Your plaid is beautiful and I'd be afraid it wouldn't look right but yours is flawless! I need to get out my PTI basket and ink it up....thanks for reminding me I have it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, am mad for plaid! Especially this one, Renee! The colors are so gorgeous together. Looks just like patterned paper!! Your little basket is so sweet, I just love your coloring! Awesome sketch card, as always :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous! I love the plaid too! Your post totally made me laugh! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...