Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkins and Pictures

It's been so long since I've been able to just sit here and talk to you without having a challenge...
and I'm not complaining...
I love the challenges...
and I have at least been able to sneak some time in for those the last few weeks...
not a lot of time for much else though...
and I've missed our chats.
But hopefully by the end of the weekend...
and since it's a long weekend...
did you forget Columbus Day...
I'm including that extra day...
my home will be somewhat cleaned and organized and I won't feel so out of whack.
But don't get me wrong...
I'm not a clean freak...
with 4 kids...
yeah...
like that would ever happen!
But I do enjoy semi organized...
clean...
a little less chaos...
it just makes me feel better.
But the room is finished...
Dish will be out tomorrow to hook up the tubeage...
and even though there are touch-ups and little things to be done...
they can wait till I've almost forgotten the smell of paint...
good winter projects...
you know...
when I'm stuck inside anyway because of cold and snow.
And once Dish leaves...
I can remove the tv from what is becoming my dining room...
rearrange the kitchen and organize what is becoming my craft/sitting room.
But before I show pics...
I did get to sneak away last week for a day with Dinky in the pumpkin patch...

See his boo boo?
I don't know how...
but he ran into the corner of our nightstand.
I was sitting right there...
saw the whole thing and still can't tell you how he did it...
he's like a foot taller than the nightstand!
I think it's just pure, unharnessed talent...
lets hope it takes him far...
*giggle*
But I was so excited that the weather was gorgeous...
the fields weren't muddy...
and the room was finished so that I could go with him on his field trip...
the kindergartners do it every year...
and this year they scheduled early enough they were able to go before fall break...
and before the pumpkins are all picked over!
Look how gorgeous this day was...


The greens...
blues...
yellows...
a truly gorgeous day for a picnic with my little guy!

And now...
the reason I've been almost absent from this blog for way too long...
the remodel...
Still a work in progress...
and hopefully love-of-my-life will be able to get Hunter's chair lift put in next week...
but can you tell my obsession by looking at these photos?
Look close...
every shelf...
has books.
The insides of the cabinets...
books.
And I still haven't moved all of them out here...
some won't move...
they're special ones...
in their own special case...
that I'm rapidly outgrowing.
See this one...
It will be joining that special case next week...
I get to meet her!!
The most anticipated book this year...
reviews off the chart...
a producer from the Harry Potter films snapped up film rights before it was even released...
and I get to meet her next Saturday!
I haven't read it yet...
but I have to read it for book club before the 24th...
I'm even hosting...
so I'll let you know if it's worth the hype!

I know...
long post...
pic heavy...
I feel like I just have so much to catch up on...
but I'll go for now!

5 comments :

  1. Your room is gorgeous. I love that red couch set and the color of your walls are so warm and cozy. Great job, it was worth all the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Dinky is a handsome man - I see you in there!! If we could only keep them that age for a little longer!! Enjoy! House looks fantastic - bet your happy Happy HAPPY!!! Thanks for sharing the great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to hear from you. Your room is beautiful. I love the warm colors you used..looks cozy. I can see you all curled up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate reading your book:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, your new room is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the colors and the space! I have a thing for red in my house too.....my hubby wouldn't let me have a red couch but he did let me get a funky patterned red chair!!

    Dinky is adorable and just full of smiles! Why can't we live closer so our kids could "like" each other?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Renee! Well, we are home and I am just now getting a chance to check posts. Wonderful trip but took some time to get settled in after we got back. LOVE your room! The wall color is fabulous with the white woodwork and the red looks great--so cozy! Everything looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...