Tuesday, October 11, 2011

See This Woman...

I am not her.
See this guy...
he wishes I was.
He loves her.
And he's convinced that he should have been born to her.
Why?
It happened over mac and cheese.
She had him from that moment on.
Apparently she doesn't serve the blue box.
And every Saturday after the revelation of mac and cheese...
we would sit down to watch Pioneer Woman...
aka Ree Drummond...
aka the woman that has stolen my son's heart...
and stomach...
on Food Network.
Seriously...
10:30 am...
we were glued to the tv...
so was love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married...
asking if I was taking notes.
Maybe I should have listened when mama said food was the way to a man's heart.
*giggle*

Now...
I have tried to convince my guy that Ree and I are not so different...
here is a list I have compiled of some of our similarities...

* both of our names start with "Ree"
* we are both redheads
* we are both married to men
* we both have 4 children...
    2 girls...
    2 boys.
* she lives on a cattle ranch...
   I grew up on a farm with cattle...
   which is where I learned I'm actually scared of them.
* we both love movies
* we both love movie quotes
* we are both geeks...
due to the fact that we can both quote Lord of the Rings movies...
which I couldn't do until my early 30's when I discovered I was a geek while trapped inside on the couch   by the heat of a Southern July while severely preggers and love-of-my-life wanted to watch said movie and    since I refused to leave the comfort of my 60 degree air conditioning and 100 mile an hour winds blowing directly onto my severely preggers body by my industrial strength fan...I was forced to watch said movie...
and that is when I realized there were hot men in said movie...
one of which is now on my future husband list...
complete with costume.
* we both love butter.
* and chocolate.
* and just food in general.
* we're both scared of snakes
* we both love our hubs...
   and our children.

Our differences...

* I am not a natural redhead
* her butt is smaller than mine
* she's taller than me
* she married a cowboy...
   I married a yankee.
* her husband has a booty...
  (I'm not really looking...but she posts it for everyone to see)
  mine requires a wallet on each side to mimic the effect of a booty
  (DON'T tell him I said that!)
 Good thing I fell for his eyes.
*she does not have the eating habits of a 3 year old...
  she allows her food to mingle...
  I demand divided plates.
* she has really cool cooking utensils
* she actually cooks
* she apparently doesn't serve her kids the "blue box"

I'm sure if I thought hard on this...
I could come up with more similarities...
and most definitely more differences...
and even though I know my guy loves me...
I also know that he has been made aware...
and will someday judge his future wife not against me...
the woman who gave him life...
fed him...
changed him...
nurtured him...
watched him grew into the man he will someday become...
but instead...
his future wife will have to answer one question...

Is it real...
or is it "blue"?

Thanks Pioneer Woman!





4 comments :

  1. Nothing wrong at all with those yankees!!! And I am sure she serves the blue box when the cameras aren't rolling! Tell Dinky that things aren't always what they seem! She could very well have butt implants... and so could her hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with your son...I love the Pioneer Woman and wish I was related to her in some way. I don't have near as much in common like you do, but none the less would love to live real close by so I could stop over for one of her ooey, gooey cinnamon rolls and a cup of coffee. I taught a cooking class for summer school last year and my kids just feel in love with them as well. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee,
    I love reading your blogs. You have such an interesting style. This one made me laugh.
    Honestly, I know nothing about Pioneer Woman.
    Tell your son, you have a blog that many people like to read. Does she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this and again you are just an adorable writer great job....:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...