Saturday, October 29, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch #71

It's Saturday...
yea!!!
And you know what every Saturday brings...
another challenge from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
I love Saturdays.
And this week we have another fabulous sketch from the uber talented Kelly Schirmer...


I loved this sketch when I first saw it...
couldn't wait for this one!
I had so many ideas for it...
then I realized I should have my new stamps from the latest Waltzingmouse release and totally scrapped every idea and focused on using some of my new stamps.
Worked out colors...
ribbon...
accents...
even went and bought some Perfect Pearls just for this one too.
It was gorgeous!
Too bad you won't see it...
at least not this week.

Last week it was official that I love plaid...
and that's honestly the truth...
because I really do...
this week it's official that...
my mailman hates me.
I still don't have my new ones...
I think he's holding them for ransom.

And please tell me that I am not the only one out there who gets very dug in about an idea and sometimes just can't seem to vary that idea even though circumstances become out of your control.
My husband says it's because I'm stubborn...
I disagree.
I say it's just because I'm...
me.
*giggle*

So I gave my mailman every opportunity to get them to me before I did this card...
waited until the last possible moment in hopes that he would deliver...
but had to finally admit defeat this week and pulled this together quickly using Claire's gorgeous A Cottage Christmas.

I did want to keep it clean and simple...
one that can be pulled together in just minutes because...
well...
we've discussed this issue I have before...
December 23rd?
And what I'm usually doing that day?
I made my own little chipboard snowflake...
but it needed jingle bells...
I love jingle bells!
But for mailing they will have to disappear...
or go into a padded envie...
I'll decide when the moment arrives!
I still used my new Perfect Pearls though...
I'm so in love with them...
have you tried them...
I'm warning you now that I'll be using these a lot this Holiday season...
I bought all the colors!!



OK...
hopefully your mailman loves you and you got your new goodies...
and now you can put them to use joining us in this fabby sketch challenge this week!
Head over to Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see all the gorgeous creations my fellow Mischief Makers have got for you to feast your eyes upon...
and you could win the stamp set of your choice just for participating...
one lucky winner every week!


The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Pinefeather, Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream
Stamps: Waltzingmouse A cottage Christmas
Ink: Perfect Medium
Dies: PTI Edger's #1
Misc: Perfect Pearls, ribbon. jingle bells








10 comments :

  1. What a funny story. I can totally relate! However, you pulled it off with a fantastic card. LOVE it. And, I'm ashamed to admit that I really don't know what perfect pearls are, although I've heard the term before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Perfect pearls is always such a pretty accent, but I never think to pull them out...thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, I hope your box makes its way to you soon! This card is STUNNING! One of my faves ever from you - I love this color combination and the gold embossing is jaw-droppingly beautiful. I love the bow with the snowflake and bells as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renee - sorry your postman let you down! But I did enjoy the post ;)

    Love this card though - simple and elegant. The cottage shines and the ribbon and bells look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, I hope your mailperson delivers your box soon! This is a beautiful card Renee and I'm so glad you used some jingle bells.....they look so neat! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure how you made the house gold (was that perfect pearls, haven't used those?), but it's GORGEOUS, and the accent of the gold bells and ribbon is PERFECTION!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm home--again--and just now getting a chance to visit your blog! Even missed doing the WM sketch challenge. i made Halloween treats for the grandkids so that took priority. Your card is gorgeous--adore the colors and how simple yet elegant it looks. I don't know anything about Perfect Pearls but assume that is how you did the gold on the cottage--very pretty and so shimmery. LOVE the snowflake and bell trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Renee, love this cottage simply embossed in gold, and looks fabulous against the blue card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant card Renne! Love the embossed gold ribbon and embellishment! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee, as always I look forward to your posts and cards, but I really love ther stories, you have such a great way with words! Your card is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...