Saturday, October 15, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #69

Happy Saturday everyone!
This is going to be such a great day...
so many exciting, wonderful things going on!
By the time most of you read this...
I will be waiting to hear...
then meet...
Erin Morgenstern...
author of the highly reviewed...
much anticipated The Night Circus...

Every year...
The Women's National Book Association hosts a "Breakfast With the Author" at the Southern Festival of Books...
which takes place every October here in Nashville.
Past years have seen me meeting Elizabeth Strout...
right before she won the Pulitzer for Olive Kittredge.
And then the following year saw me meeting Katherine Stockett...
yes...
the Katherine Stockett...
of The Help.
I was sick last year and had to miss the chance to meet Audrey Niffenegger...
but some friends did take my copy of The Time Traveler's Wife to have it signed for me...
I love The Time Traveler's Wife...
one of my all time favorite books...
so it was a little disappointing to not be able to meet her.
But this is something I look forward to every year...
love my book festival!

And then...
I will have to hurry home because we know what else is happening today...
yes...
Waltzingmouse release...
YEA!!!
I can't wait!
Have you been oogling...
maybe even losing consciousness a few times...
over all the gorgeously, stunning eye candy Claire and the DT have given us this week?
EEEKKK!!!!
I die!
And don't worry if you've missed some of the action...
just head over to Claire's blog here and you'll be able to get caught up in all the excitement too!
Believe me...
this is a release you don't want to miss!

So a very exciting day!
And to kick it all off...
something that makes each Saturday exciting...
another fabby sketch challenge from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog...
and the amazingly talented Claire...
How fun is this one?
OK...
in all honesty...
I was a little nervous at first glance...
but once I started working on it...
I had fun!
And now that I've done this one...
I actually have a few other ideas to try with it too...
so a super great challenge!
Here's what I did...


OK...
I took the sketch literally...
and I don't know if it actually shows in the photos very well...
but her hat is old...
twisted...
wrinkled...
faded...
her lace is dirty...
torn...
but with blood red jewels adorning her crown...
this is a witch with style.
A witch who knows...
you can be down and out...
the weight of the world on your shoulders...
but as long as your hair looks good...
you'll get through!
*giggle*
And I did use red with this card...
not the traditional orange of Halloween...
the paper is from Graphics 45 Alice line...
and there are little touches of red in the paper...
so hence the red ribbon...
red sentiment...
and red bling.

OK...
it's time for you to get your style on and jump over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out what all my fellow Mischief Makers have created...
and join in the fun!
We can't wait to see what you create...
and remember...
someone will win a stamp set of their choice every week for playing along!
And make sure you check out Claire's blog for all the details on the yummy goodies releasing today...
seriously...
you don't want to miss this one!
Claire has managed to exceed all creative levels with these new sets...
they're stunning!
Such a happy, happy day...
and I'll see you there!


The Details:
Cardstock: PTI True Black, Rustic Cream
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Hocus Pocus
Patterned Paper: Graphics 45
Ink: SU, Momento
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Oval, Labels #4
Misc: bling, lace, seam binding, button


8 comments :

  1. Renee - it's always a pleasure to read your posts. The book festival sound such fun - we're having to sort through all our books here and my heart is crying!! Still I hope that the books will be treated well as we're donating most of them to our local High School - the librarian was delighed when I called! :)

    Anyway to your card - it's magnificient!! I adore the crow cameo with the red gems and the beautiful sentiment label - fabulous!

    I can't wait for the launch tonight either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! And I am seeing that lace remembering that we *may* have talked at one point and you *may* have wanted some more and I am thinking I just might have dropped the ball! :) Want me to grab some? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch Renee - I just couldn't fit it in with all the days of the WMS release and the hat is such a fun sketch! Love the jewels and the paper you layered under - the touches of red with the sentiment and that wonderful lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one like a literal take on a sketch.....so this is great! I like that you used RED.....just enough to make it spooky!

    I'm sending you an email :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is super adorable...you did a fabulous job with this weeks sketch!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek! I have just gone through two whole days without my computer!! But now I have it back--with internet and everything! Wow, such a fun sketch this week. Love your take with the lace and spooky red accents.

    Took me forever this afternoon to decide on my WM order. Everything was SO tempting and I knew I had to limit my choices to two. Now I can look forward to more happy mail!

    Hope the book festival was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a spooktacular card Renee! Love the batty framed wreath and the pop of red! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I was here, I was scrolling and scrolling. I missed the little red jewels in the bigger card, so I am so glad you posted a detail shot! So clever, and I love how they are "woven" in with the lace...awesome beadwork, hee! (PS...I just typed bloodwork by accident, eeeek!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...