Sunday, November 13, 2011

4 of a Kind and A Little Candy...

Yea!!!
It's time for another 4 of a Kind with Joyce (Cards-by-the-Sea), Cathy (EmptyNestCrafter) and Kim (Cupcakes, Cards and Kim)...
I love these!
Joyce suggested this idea a few months ago and every month Joyce, Cathy, Kim and I design cards from a kit sent by one of us...
the kits contain the exact same ingredients for making a card(s)...
and this month it was my turn!
I was so nervous...
didn't know if they would like what I sent...
if they could even use what I sent...
because I didn't have a card done when I sent out the kit.
I didn't even have an idea...
I just cut, stamped, and added little embellishments until I thought (hoped) they would be able to make something out of it all.
And the inspiration came from Sharron at OnPapillionWings...
she did this card a couple months ago for a Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
I loved it!
My favorite colors...
favorite holiday paper...
and one of my all time favorite stamp sets...
(I have so many I can't just pick one)...
presto...
changeo...
'ala macaroni...
my kit!
Here's what it looked like before I packaged it up to send out to the girls...
don't pay attention to the scribbles on my pad...
I took this while we were still going through the remodel and I have notes all over the place...
sorry...

There's a little bit of everything...
papers, tags, sentiments, ribbon, lace, buttons...
and the stamped images are from Waltzingmouse Sewing Box Christmas...
my chosen set for the month.
I wanted to stay with a Winter theme...
but there's also some Holiday sentiments from Waltzingmouse A Cottage Christmas, Compliments of the Season and Say It With Style...
so it was totally left up to the person how they wanted to use it.
The printed papers are from Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather...
see that plaid?
I hoard it!
Love, love, love that paper!
It's my fave and Cathy, Joyce and Kim should now know how much I adore them because I shared it...
*giggle*.
So was I able to make something out of all of this...
yes!
And quite easily I might add!

We're supposed to use at least 4 things to assemble our project and everything is from the kit except for the card base...
and then I just cut my white cardstock with Spellbinders Postage die to create the postage stamp that my mitten sits on.
So quick...
so easy...
I love this card!
And honestly...
just by switching some of the images from Sewing Box Christmas...
the stocking...
the holly...
the candy cane...
the snowman...
I could have an entire collection of Holiday cards in no time!
In fact...
I'm going to! :)

Now...
have you tried Waltzingmouse?
Would you like to?
Claire Brennan...
the incredibly talented creative genius behind these gorgeous stamps...
who also happens to have a heart of pure gold...
has offered you a chance to win one of her amazing sets...
Say It Loud Winter Holiday...


a perfect sentiment set for the Fall and Winter Holidays.
With some leftovers from the kit I created this little ditty using Say It Loud Winter Holiday...


I used a little Nordic Winter (have you seen that set? You have to see that set...it's amazing!)...
a new set from the October release...
on the mitten courtesy Kelly Schirmer (GinghamGirl) to give it a little more "uumph".
I didn't realize my little pearls were off balance until I just now looked at it...
sorry.
I'll fix it!

So...
would you like a chance to win your very own Say It Loud Winter Holiday set?
It's easy.
All you have to do is a leave a comment.
See...
easy!
But...
since only one of our blogs will be randomly chosen and then a comment from that person's blog will win the set...
you'll have more chances if you go over to Cathy, Joyce and Kim's blogs...
and leave a comment for them!
Besides...
you know you want to see what they were able to create using this kit anyway...
so I will see you along the way because I can't wait to see what they created!
Just make sure you do all of this before 11:59 CT on the November 18th...
that's when it ends and I'll be in touch with the winner on the 19th!



The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Sewing Box Christmas, Compliments of the Season, A Cottage Christmas, Say It Loud Winter Holiday, Say It With Style
Ink: SU, Momento, PTI
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather
Dies: Spellbinders, PTI
Misc: twine, seam binding, lace, buttons, bling, embossing folder (Provo Craft)


22 comments :

  1. I guess I am going to be the first to say how gorgeous your cards are. I love them both, but the mitten on the postage stamp...love the tea dye on it and you are right, every image in Sewing Box Christmas would look great with that design. The Nordic Winter mitten is beautiful...in fact, we thought alike on that one. Great job, I had so much fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, these are amazing cards! I love WMS stamps and you've done them justice...beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I know you have seen how much fun I had with the wonderful kit you sent me. How did you know that I have a thing for mittens. I just love them. Not that I have any, living in San Diego, but a girl can gaze and love, right. Those two cards are just wonderful--CAS--just my style. Now, I need to go check out that postage stamp die--I am loving it, and think I need one in my house, too. Thanks for being the hostess this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Renee, I don't know why you worried so over this kit, all of the cards have been just incrdible and all will be cased! I may even have to purchase this set because I fell head over heels for it. Both of your cards are just beautiful and I love the way you used the postage stamp to focus on the mitten, just too sweet. The nordic winter mitten is sweet too and love how you showcased it in the circle, so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so cute!
    I've missed you. I'm working my way back. It's been slow. Work is crazy. I'm hoping to craft more, blog more and visit more. Especially you. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee I LOVE your cards.. LOVE that FUN idea!!! and I LOVE that WM stamp set.. it has been on my wishlist!! THANKS for a chance to win.. (THANKS Claire too!) and THANKS again for sharing the ornament images! Your so SWEET!!! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, these are gorgeous cards!!! Such a neat idea to do this kit thing, I love it!! Thank YOU for being on our team, you make us shine chickie!! Hugs.c.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You girls are too fun! I've loved seeing the kits you come up with and what everyone does with them.

    I've been DYING to try WMS and just haven't done it yet. Thanks to you all, and Claire, for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renee, what fantastic cards!! These are so beautifully designed. I think this kit club you girls participate in sounds super fun - what a great way to share goodies and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, Renee--your cards are awesome! Especially the mitten with the postage stamp die--fabulous layout! You're right about how great it would be with the other Sewing Box-Christmas images. LOVE that set!! It was one of my first WM purchases and I can't imagine ever getting tired of it. And thank you for your comments--you were so sweet to use my card as inspiration. Now I'm off to visit the other blogs--have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aside from the two fabs cards and the chance to win something wonderful, what a SUPER FUN idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Renee! Love the white background aganist the red. I also love the kits you came up with. Such a fun idea! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card, Renee! I love the colors and patterned paper you used! That little plaid mitten is absolutely adorable! I have to say, I've been seeing a lot of you that I originally found through PTI using Waltzingham Mouse stamps, and I am very intrigued to give them a try! They are very beautiful stamps! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fantastic idea, Renee! How fun for you and your stamping buddies. Your cards are gorgeous, as always. Those little WMS mittens are near and dear to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are fabulous - both are just so lvoely. I do like the mittens and you've inspired me to get mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Renee, your kit turned out fabulous! Sounds like such a fun challenge every month and to get some goodies in the mail! hehe

    Your cards are so crisp and festive. I love love love love the mitten one with the postage stamp layer. Those dies have been on my wish list for too long! LOL

    And YES, I would like to have this WMS set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee, I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing...and one of my favorites of yours EVER! I got back last night and got your package- I LOVE IT and cannot wait to play! Hope all is well in TN!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great kit. Love both the cards you made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh LOVE YOUR Nordic Winter mittens, Renee! The flock on the cuffs is genius. What a fun little kit you made for the girls. PS...Please don't enter me in the drawing...I couldn't NOT comment when I saw these ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous kit you created and shared with the other three gals in your challenge. Your mitten cards are adorable. Love the CAS style and the way you highlighted the mitten on each card. Would be thrilled to win the WMS "Say It Loud Winter Holiday" to try their stamps. Thanks to you and Claire for offering the blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE yours!! especially the second one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...