Sunday, November 20, 2011

CASE'ing Anya and A Winner


I have spent the last 2 nights getting a boost on my Christmas cards...
I know...
it's the week of Thanksgiving...
I should be done already...right?
I'm not.
I'm more of a "why do today what can be done tomorrow" kind of girl.
And I wasn't this way before kids...
so I'll blame it all on them...
they'll never know...
*giggle*
But I'm getting them done...
that's the important thing!
And this could possibly be the first year since discovering cardmaking that I'm not actually still making cards on December 23rd...
and in my world...
that's means I'm a lifetime ahead in this game!
*giggle*

So what have I been doing that has gotten almost 40 cards done...
CASE'ing Anya at Life Is What You Make It.
She did these fabulous CAS cards on the Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz last week...
you can see her cards here...
and Friday night I got 18...
well actually 17 because I messed up on one of the sentiments...
of these cards...
cut, scored, stamped and assembled...
done in less than an hour and half...

I stole it all...
even down to that gorgeous gingham paper!
And those stunningly realistic holly leaves are from the gorgeous set by Waltzingmouse...
Festive Foliage...
and the sentiment from one of my favorite sets...
Compliments of the Season.

And then I spent last night doing these...
which though I love the natural lighting of the above photo...
we have rain again so I had to do these in different lighting...
sorry...


They took a little longer...
lots of cutting...
but once I got all the cuts done...
stamping and assembling was a piece of cake!
I have 18 of these too...
so almost 40 cards done in 2 nights...
yea!!
My holly leaves are die cut chipboard...
I was worried I wouldn't have enough felt...
so they add just a little volume...
but I still think they will zip through the PO without any hitches...
I hope so anyway!

And now...
one of the reasons I showed all these photos is to announce our 4 of a Kind winner...
since she will be receiving the fabulous Say It Loud Winter Holiday set from Waltzingmouse ...
the winner came from Joyce's blog...
Cards-by-the-Sea...
and is number #9  Ames...


You girls are too fun! I've loved seeing the kits you come up with and what everyone does with them. 

I've been DYING to try WMS and just haven't done it yet. I really need to jump on board





Thank you to everyone for stopping by and all of your wonderful comments...
we appreciate them more than words can ever say!
We're taking a break for the Holidays but we're going to pick up our 4 of a Kind again in January...
and Cathy is hostess again...
I honestly can't wait to see what she has in store for us!


And...
Claire is having a little contest over on her blog  celebrating 1000 likes on Facebook and the winner will receive the incredibly stunning Seasonal Remedies...


So head over and maybe give her a little suggestion for a stamp set you would love to see her do...
*wink*
But hurry!  
Contest ends soon!




The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Compliments of the Season, Festive Foliage, 
Say It Loud Winter Holiday
Cardstock: PTI Pinefeather, Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream
Simply Chartreuse
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Dear Mr. Claus, Authentique Wonder
Ink: Momento, Ranger
Die: PTI Holly Jolly
Misc: bling










9 comments :

  1. Renee...these are just beautiful and look easy to make. The colors are so bright and festive and seem to pop right off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards. They don't look easy at all, but I'll take your word for it! I may try to make some of these myself. I love how you have mixed all the patterned papers, and have all that beautiful white space, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love Anya's cards too, they always speak to me. Thanks again to you 4 ladies and Claire for the chance to win that stamp set. I am SO excited to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cards look beautiful, and what a nice little tribute to Anya, you made so many! I bet everyone who receives one will love it. Congrats to Ames, you are going to love your new stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, these are all so beautiful! I wish I had Christmas cards done...I cranked out another 14 Thanksgiving cards today ... just got back from the Post Office. I drove there in my bathrobe! There is one in there for Dinky too. :) Don't tell him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Renee, you are holding up to the challenge......How much take out food is the kids eating? :) I commend you for saying you are going to get them done and doing it. How many did you say you are making? I love the simplicity of these and you're right, I love that holly stamp from WMS. Hmmm. Ha.....I love Suzanne who went out in her bathrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Ames! Renee, your cards are beautiful. Wish I had 40 Christmas cards done already. Have my idea but no mass producing started yet. Marking my calendar to follow along with your 4 of A Kind again in January!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee - I am so jealous! I haven't even started my xmas cards yet - just mailed Thanksgiving today!!! Your card is gorgeous - Looks clean and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, look at all these beauties! Anya has been doing such wonderful creations with patterned papers and yours are just as gorgeous. Plus they are so perfect for mass producing. Are you all done now or do you have more to make?

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...