Saturday, November 5, 2011

Step Into Christmas

Let's join together
We can watch the snow fall forever and ever
          Sir Elton John


I love this song.
I mean like truly love.this.song!
Every year...
kicks off my Christmas decorating...
gets me in the Holiday mood...
just makes me happy.
I sing it the whole season...
and even though by the time Christmas arrives I am so tired of hearing Santa Baby play over the stores intercom systems that I want to SCREAM...
not this one!
I will still be dancing in the aisles to it all the way up to Christmas Eve!
And seriously...
I actually do dance to it.
In the aisles.
In the stores.
In public.
Totally embarrasses my kids.

But right now...
as you're reading this...
I'm dancing in my house...
as this song plays...
because love-of-my-life-man-that-I-married...
is in the attic getting the trees down!
Yup!
1st Saturday in November...
equals...
Renee's decorating for Christmas!
YEA!!!
And I know what you're probably thinking...
it's too early...
right?
But it's my favorite time of the year...
and not because of presents and Santa.
It's the decorations...
the lights...
how everything looks like a magical wonderland when it's all lit up.
My favorite thing is to curl up on the couch with a cup of latte...
the lights off...
and just watch the twinkling lights of the tree.
I love it.
And since the tree looks so sad without any gifts underneath it...
it comes down on December 26th every year...
so I decorate early in November so that I have almost 2 months with the house looking warm and inviting...
magical.

Now because it is Saturday...
my favorite day of the week...
that means it's time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
This week our fabby sketch is from the incredibly talented Claire...
And here is my take on it...
warning!
A little photo heavy...
but you'll understand why in a moment...





I used Waltzingmouse 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...
have you seen this set?
You have to see it all...
it's so gorgeous!!
Love how Claire put the whole poem in stamp form!
And all the little elements with this set...
I have yet to explore all the many ways to use it!
Now...I did add a little A Cottage Christmas in here too...
the trees and stars...
and I hope you feel like this card is telling a story...
a story card...
because that's what I was going for with it.

And...
I got a little carried away with adding some white behind the moon...
I know!
Actually what happened is...
I did it and realized it was too "perfect" a circle...
the moon doesn't give a perfect circular glow...
so I had to smudge...
and that's when I got carried away.
Sorry.

I used Perfect Pearls again...
told you that you would be seeing them often!
I have discovered that Perfect Pearls are way more forgiving...
so I may never emboss again!

OK...
so what's your plans for today?
Maybe you can head over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog and oogle what my fellow Mischief Makers have created...
and then join us!
We can't wait to see what you create...
and someone will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
See you there!


The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Stamper's Select, Harvest Gold, Spring Moss
Stamps: Waltzingmouse 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and A Cottage Christmas
Inks: Momento, Perfect Medium
Dies: Spellbinders Banners and Circles, PTI Over the Hills
Misc: Perfect Pearls, glitter



14 comments :

  1. What a wonderful card. It's like a gift of a story book with wonderful illustrations. Very magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're decorating your tree already!!! It's Bonfire night here in the UK tonight and the sky will be full of fabulous fireworks - and it's only after this that I start to think about decorations for the house.

    And your card is brilliant. I love the dark blue sky and the poem in silver - looks amazing! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YES, I see your story card! It's soooo sweet, Renee! I just love the blue hue for the night sky and Santa's sleigh in silhouette...and the lovely poem is the perfect centerpiece! Your snowy title page is glittery perfection. I am a late tree-er upper. My birthday is in December, and since THAT is a national holiday, we have to celebrate that first. And this year is a BIG ONE, eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that you are decorating already! You are too cute!

    Your card is so gorgeous, Renee! I didn't think the moonglow was too much, though. I love the snow drifts and the sleigh image.

    Do we need to use WMS stamps in the sketch challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! This is so gorgeous Renee! I love that stamp set.

    Just wanted you to know that I finally got your last Dolls challenge done:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Renee, this is SO AWESOME! LOVE Santa across the moon, the blue, the silver, the snow--a wonderful story card!! Did you get your tree up? Without any kids in the house I usually end up waiting until shortly before Christmas to get ours up. But, like you, a love the magic it creates and so hate to take it down. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful story card Renee! You have created a scene indeed and I had no idea that the poem is a stamp! The shimmer is stunning from the Perfect Pearls.....I'm going to have to dig mine out. I'm waiting for the right sketch to play along using those poinsettias! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Renee! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this creation! what wonderful stampings, hillsides, silvery story - a keepsake card for sure! nice job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Renee! This is a gorgeous, Gorgeous card!! Love all the beautiful elements on your card - this is a fabulous stamp set, isn't it? I have a similar card which I'll be posting for the Waltz later this month {grins}, inspired by the sketch too. Have a wonderful week, and I'm sure your tree is beautiful! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Renee, a real Christmas Eve delight! Love the glowing moon as Santa flies across it! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous project, Renee! I love the silver on blue and the glow and mood you created. Really lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So magical and beautiful! I may just have to get that set too, just to case your card. Just so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee this turned out wonderful! I love the white behind the moon (it's not overdone!), it makes it looks so magical! I love all the glitter you added too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...