Saturday, November 26, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #75


Hello everyone!
Back again after quite an unplanned break...
and I hope everyone here in the US had a Happy and wonderful Thanksgiving...
and no one was injured in the sport of champions...
shopping on Black Friday...
*giggle*
I had not meant to be away quite so long but I have 2 words for you...
stomach flu.
Yeah.
Thought. I. was. going. to. die!
I don't get sick often...
it's very rare...
other than sinuses and allergies...
and I don't handle illness well.
And perfect timing...
here it is the week of Thanksgiving...
the motherload of feasts...
buffet champions dream of this day...
and the mere thought of food turns my stomach.
I guess it's a good thing that buffet's don't do anything for me...
and everyone else can actually out eat me on Thanksgiving...
even the little ones at the kiddie table.
But Black Friday.
I HAVE to go out on Black Friday!
Even if it's just to watch how frenzied and funny everyone looks while doing their shopping...
I get up in the middle of the night to go out to the mall...
Toys R Us...
Wal-Mart!
I apologize...
but honestly...
WalMart should not be worth no sleep...
they're open 24 hours!
But this one day out of the year...
I am there.
I'm never one of the crazy frenzied ones though...
there's never anything I absolutely have to have that I would ever lose my manners in order to get...
but I'm there!
And since Haley discovered the "secret" a few years ago...
she's right along with me!
She's the one who actually loves it...
I do most of my shopping online...
but I love that it's become a "tradition" for us.
And even in these horrid teen years...
she still asks if we're going so I won't pass up the chance for some alone time for just me and her.

So I am feeling so much better than earlier this week...
and now that my house looks like a hurricane hit it...
there's a mountain of laundry...
and groceries that did not get bought which means the pantry is bare...
it's time to play with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
*giggle*
This is such a fabulous sketch this week...
another one by the incredible Claire Brennan...
and you're going to love this...
Placecards!!
Just in time for the Holidays.
There is so much you can do with this...
it actually makes it hard because you can get so creative with this one!
Here's my take...
I kept it simple because...
one...
I was pretty sure I was dying...
and two...
during the Holidays...
simple is what I look for!
We're always in such a rush...
doing this...
going there...
but simple can still make such a statement.
I used a few Waltzingmouse sets with this...
Festive Foliage, Frame It and Say It With Style...
isn't that font gorgeous?
Now you can dress this up...
embossing...
maybe some glittery berries.
You can forgo the sentiment and instead leave a place to write or stamp names.
And since this is actually what I would call a little mini card...
on the inside you could even print the year...
date and place...
and the menu.
A little remembrance for this Holiday season for those that like to have them...
and it would go great in a scrapbook along with some photos of the day.

So are you ready to play along with us?
Go and check out all the incredible ideas my fellow Mischief Makers have come up with...
I guarantee you will be inspired...
and then link up your project at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog because we can't wait to see it!
One lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

Now I'm off to tackle the laundry, the cleaning, the grocery shopping...
all the things that never seem to get done...
only multiply...
when mom is out of commission.


The Details
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Festive Foliage, Frame It, Say It With Style
Cardstock: PTI Pinefeather, Kraft
Ink: A Muse, SU










8 comments :

  1. Oh, Renee. I'm so sorry you were sick. It sounds like you are better, and that you have your work cut out for you. I'm glad that you prioritize getting your WM sketch done and shopping with your daughter over the unimportant things like cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping. Sweet placecards today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute little placecard. I love the little festive foliage branch within the stamped frame. Very pretty, and from someone who was feeling like they were dying...even better. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you say these are simple, I think they are perfection! That font is so gorgeous with the festive holly! I am so glad you are better. I am right there with you about Black Friday...except the reeeealllly early part. I left my house at 6:10 AM to get to JoAnn's by 6:30. I had my usual "What am I thinking moment?" when the alarm went off at 5:30. But I love the hustle and bustle, it's really fun to watch! And when you find that really good deal, there is dancing in the aisle. My partner in crime couldn't go this year (my niece), but I met my sister a little later which was fun. The traffic at my usual haunts was way down this year, probably because so many stores opened at midnight! There wasn't even a line at Starbucks yet at 7:30 AM????!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So not fair--getting sick on a holiday--sounds like you are better though! Luckily you made it out on Black Friday--truly a feat in itself and something I have never attempted! I did go by Target one year, on our way out of town, and the lines were clear to the back of the store (on both sides)--so I decided I didn't need anything that bad!! Your card is wonderful and perfect since it would be easy to make a bunch. The holly was a fabulous choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear you were not feeling well. I have one question for you...why is it when the mom gets sick, nothing gets done?? I just don't understand this. Don't you just love Black Friday! We are up at 2:30 and out the door by 3:00, but we don't shop where all the crazy people are and have many years of doing this by myself I finally have my family on board and we make a day of it.
    Your place cards are simply beautiful and I am sure they were not easy like you said, but they do look perfect. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Renee!
    I'm so sorry my comment must not have gone through the other day! Oh well, it's here now. I love your little simple placecards and they look so elegant too! Thanks so much for the text during my over-night shopping on Black Friday. It was weird to be texting you in the middle of the night! LOL

    On another note, I hope you are feeling better. That is NO fun being sick and especially on the holiday. poo I can't wait to talk to you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Renee! I adore your place card!! The holly looks beautiful and the sentiment font is fabulous. It's the first time I shopped online on Black Friday - never realised there's sales everywhere. I'm glad for online stores cos overseas folks like us get a chance to grab some bargains. Hope you feel better too. Take good care!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous place card, love the design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...