Saturday, November 12, 2011

Watzingmouse Sketch Challenge #73

Yea!!
Saturday!
And I'm still decorating!
I love Christmas. :)
I don't like the malls...
or the stores...
or the traffic this time of year...
not when I can stay home and don't have to brush my hair...
put on make up...
and spend hours shopping for one gift...
but instead can stay in my jammies and with a few clicks...
it's all done!
But I do love wrapping gifts!
Small ones...
big ones...


I used to think that would be the coolest job ever...
to work in the gift wrapping department with all the paper, bows and ribbon.


Do you remember when stores used to have those?
I miss those days.
When I was younger...
it wasn't just the upscale department stores and boutiques that had them...
we could go to any shop on Main Street and gift wrapping was available.
And that was my dream job...
working in gift wrap.
Then by the time I was actually old enough to get a job though...
most stores had stopped offering it.
I never got to get my dream job wrapping gifts...
so I live my fantasy every Christmas...
wrapping all the gifts to go under the tree.
And when I get done with the gifts...
sometimes I'm tempted to just wrap empty boxes...
but you know...
kids...
presents...
empty boxes...
screams...
tears...
you get the idea.

So another Saturday...
can you believe it's only one more Saturday till Thanksgiving?
Then the madness really begins!
But Saturday's are always fun...
madness or not...
because it's time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
And this week is another fabby sketch by Claire...
and of course I went Christmas for this one...
I gotta get my cards done...
*wink*...

Now...here is another shot...
and you have to tell me which you like better.
I'm playing around trying to get better photos...
and be honest with me...
you're not going to offend by giving an opinion...

I used Waltzingmouse's new Santa's Coming to Town...
and a little Twas the Night Before Christmas for the sentiment.
Something about that font...
and that sentiment...
with a silhouette of Santa...
*sigh*.
Claire gives so many options when she designs her sets...
there are so many ways to intermingle all of them...
and have them go perfectly together so you are never going to be limited with her sets.
Love that attention to detail she gives!

Now...
it's time for you to go check out what my fellow Mischief Makers have created using this fabulous sketch...
and then show us what you can do!
We can't wait to see what you create...
and remember...
someone will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
And leave a comment about which photo you like better...
I'm going to take all comments and hopefully work up from there improving my photos...
so I'll give great big, huge THANKS in advance for helping with this little endeavor!
And also...
check back tomorrow night!
There's a special post going up that might just interest you...
there could be a prize...
And...
that's all for now
*giggle*

The Details
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, Pinefeather, Rustic Cream
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Santa's Coming to Town, Twas the Night Before Christmas
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Dear Mr. Claus
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Winter 2011
Dies: Spellbinders Labels #14. PTI Jar Label
Misc: seam binding, juingle bells, lace











4 comments :

  1. Hey there: Couple of things: My very first job in high school was in the gift wrapping department of our local department store! Let me tell you something--you didn't miss a thing. Great card, today, too. I think the lighting on the card is better on the first, but the scene is more interesting in the second. That probably wasn't very helpful, was it? And, what could be happening tomorrow? Hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the story about your dream job Renee, also the little teaser about your post for tomorrow. Wonder what that could be? LOL. Great card today and just so you know, I like the second photo best, but either one shows off your card and the great stamping and layering of that cute Santa image. Guess I better get going on this sketch, it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun little story about your dream job! I enjoy wrapping too but wouldn't want to do it for an all day job. I feel like I'm going to freak out whenever I have to do repetitive things! But that's another story!! Great sketch this week and I love your card! The patterned paper is perfect as are the lace and the bells. I think I like photo #2 best. It shows the entire card better and I love the wispy 'snow'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a classic card Renee! That Santa silhouette is gorgeous and I love the crocheted trim and jingle bells!

    I actually like the second photo better in a more natural setting and that little tuft of "snow" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...