Saturday, December 3, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #76

Hello everyone!
It's Saturday...
and time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
YEA!!
Now...
are you all ready for Christmas?
Cards made and sent?
Lights and trees up?
Gifts wrapped and tagged?
Yeah...
me neither.
But no worries because this week's challenge will help you with one of those items on that checklist!
It's another fabulous sketch by the uber awesome Claire...
Figgy pudding anyone?
OK...I'm going to be totally honest with you here...
I have no idea what figgy pudding is.
And with my eating habits...
I'm not quite sure that I would actually eat it...
though I do happen to enjoy Fig Newtons occasionally...
but this sketch is just a fun one...
and I took it quite literally...


I stamped the patterned paper using just the thin stripe from Off Beat Backgrounds to create a ticking stripe...
it lined up so perfectly for this...
and then the sentiment is from the new 2011 Holiday Ornaments.
I created some chipboard holly leaves and added my "accessory-of-the-season"...
jingle bells!
Easy peasy and so adorable!
And one more tag off my list!

Now...
are ready to get creative?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog to see what all of the Mischief Makers have created to inspire you...
and then we want to see what you create!
Just remember to use one Waltzingmouse product and then link your project here...
one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
And just in case you haven't heard...
Claire has issued a tag challenge!
You can get all the details on her blog here...
but one lucky participant will win 4...
yes, you read right...
4 stamp sets of their choice!
And there's more...
if you happen to "tickle" Claire...
she may offer up some spot prizes as well!
So get your thinking caps on...
grab your favorite Waltzingmouse sets...
and use this weeks sketch to jump start your tag creation!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Off Beat Backgrounds, 2011 Holiday Ornaments
Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream, Kraft, Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy
Ink: SU, Ranger
Dies: PTI Tag Sale #3, Holly Jolly
Misc: SU scallop punch, seam binding, jingle bells, twine




10 comments :

  1. Renee, this is gorgeous! I love those stripes and how they peek out from the red - so classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my fave Renee projects of all time! You had me at ticking stripes and triple red jingle bells! Throw in gorgeous white ribbon and a pop of brilliant green with the holly leaves and I am smiling from ear to ear! LOVE this taggie SO MUCH, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renee! Love your tag! This is a beautiful tag! The stripes are perfect and I love the red jingle bells! The shading on your holly leaves is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag!!! Ticking stripes are perfect and love the holly leaves and jingle bells!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great tag. You could also hang it on your tree! I love those holly leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Renee, this is just perfection! You were so clever to use that single strip for ticking. I adore how you did those gorgeous green leaves and then added red bells for holly. And seam binding seems to be amazing for bows--yours is SO gorgeous! Hope you are making lots of progress on Christmas projects. I try to be so organized yet always end up rushing at the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee I LOVE it!!! What a FUN sketch!! LOVE your take on it! So cute and festive.. and um NOOOO I have none of that done for the Holidays.. BUT I am almost done shopping.. the tree will be up today.. lights on house today and it will be decorated... or at least in my dreams it will be! HA! :)
    Happy Holidays!! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Renee.....It's been way too long since I visited your wonderful blog. Love the ornament and the stripes are awesome! I would have never thought to use them like you did.......but, like everything you create, it turns out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Renee! I love that you took the sketch literally! But the addition of those fun stripes is amazing as is the bow, the sentiment, the jingle bells, etc. I confess too.....No idea what figgy pudding is either! :)

    Wish me luck tomorrow as we head to KC to buy Payton her first AG doll! Any suggestions? The doll hair brush is a must I know but anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! The patterned paper with the stripes was the perfect paper to use. Might seem funny, but it really reminds me of the background you use for your pics. I love the little holly leaves and the way you shaded them, just gorgeous Renee.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...