Saturday, December 10, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #77

Can you believe it's only 2 weeks till Christmas?
I have been cutting, gluing and addressing all week...
and I'm getting close to having everything mailed...
one last batch to go off on Monday!
Whew!
I am so getting a head start on all of this stuff next year!
Lynn (Stamperosity) hosts a Waltzingmouse Christmas Challenge every month over on the forum...
you can find some details here...
and I am already mentally committing myself to participating in every challenge!
I can already imagine how relaxing this time next year will be...
Yes...
there's reality...
and then there's my world...
*giggle*

But right now it's time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
and another fabulous sketch by the incredible Claire...
This sketch is open for so many different interpretations...
you're going to have so much fun with it...
I decided to go a little "Candyland" for this one...


I used Waltzingmouse Candy Jar Christmas Fillers with the sentiment coming from Candy Jar Christmas.
I had everything pulled out to get started on this card when Anya (Life Is What You Make It) posted a card using the candycanes and added a little glitter to make them sparkle...
you can see her card here...
so I "borrowed" her inspiration for mine as well...



I love the sparkle on these sweet treats!

So are you ready to play along?
If you need a little more inspiration head over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog and see all the yummy treats my comakers of Mischief have come up with this week...
and remember...
one lucky person will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product and then link it on the challenge blog using the linky provided!

And don't forget...
Claire is still hosting her tag challenge on her blog...
you can read all the details here...
and one very lucky person will win not one...
not two...
not three...
but 4 Waltzingmouse stamp sets of their choosing!
You have till the 20th to link up your creation!

Hope you all have a wonderful week...
I'm off to finish addressing cards!



The Details
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Christmas Candy Jar and Christmas Candy Jar Fillers
Cardstock: PTI Hibiscus Burst, New Leaf, Stamper's Select
Ink: A Muse, Copics
Patterned Paper: Melissa Francis
Dies: PTI Parisian Doily, Little Labels
Misc: eyelet lace, seam binding, glitter(Martha Stewart), twine (The Twinery), jingle bells





14 comments :

  1. Beautiful, Renee! I am gonna enter this week~ the sketch is similar to something I had an idea for so count me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I bet this card is gorgeous in person!!! Those candy canes must sparkle and the lace is so pretty and delicate. It does kind of remind me of Candy Land. This is a really beautiful card Renee and a perfect take on the sketch. Someone is going to be very lucky to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so sweet. I love those candy canes, and that eyelet border is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the pink--and such a pretty shade of pink too! Love the sparkly candy canes and the eyelet trim--so sweet and feminine. I bought some chunky glitter just to use for candy canes but haven't done them yet! So much to do and so little time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the candy canes in the jar, such a PRETTY card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Hugs* You really are such a sweetheart. Love your vibrant, happy Candyland card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the addition of the glitter to the sugary treats!!! I wouldn't have thought to use green for a doily but it adds so much interest to your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! I love the non traditional colors on this, and really love the blingy candy canes. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my No Peeking Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful!! Love what you have put together here!! Love the green doily as a background too!

    Thank you SO MUCH for the Christmas card!! I LOVE it!! It is gorgeous! It was such a happy bit of mail to open!! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sparkly candy canes Renee and the pretty doily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the jar of candy canes and the sparkle on them is just fab! That green doily is wonderful. Great colours, love bow - love it!

    I'm busy catching up with Lynn's Christmas card challenge - just a few months to go - and then I'll have made all my cards for this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Renee, what an adorable card. The colors are just so sweet, just as sweet as your jar of candy canes. I love the use of the doily in the background too. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Renee, this is such a festive card in pink and green. Lovely combo. An different take on the traditional colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card Renee! Those shimmery candy canes look yummy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...