Saturday, December 17, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #78

Where has the time gone?
Can you believe Christmas is in only one week?
My kids had their last of school till after the New Year yesterday...
and now I have a week of them asking...
"Is it Christmas yet?"

We're going to be spending our weekend cleaning the house...
top to bottom...
because Santa doesn't visit houses that aren't clean...
and then next week we're going to do some Christmas baking...
watch Christmas movies...
and hopefully...
I will end the week with 4 kiddies who are still on the "Good List"...
*giggle*

This week will be our last Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge till after the New Year...
and I'm going to miss them...
and all of you...
but we'll be back right after the Holidays!
And Claire has given us such a fun sketch this week...
so much room for interpretation and creativity...
a great sketch to end the year with...
I had pinned this tutorial on Pinterest...

http://greylustergirl.blogspot.com/2011/06/3-d-cardboard-star.html
and knew I wanted to try this star for the sketch...


I used kraft cardstock and cut a star with my Cricut...
stamped it with Nordic Winter...
then scored the lines.
I attached it to a slightly smaller cut star and then created a tent card to let it "hang".
I stamped the stripes using just the small strip in Off Beat Backgrounds...
and finished it off with a sentiment also from Nordic Winter...
some seam binding and jingle bells.
Super easy!

So head over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to check out all the incredible inspiration from my fellow Mischief Makers...
and link up your creation at the link provided.
And remember someone will win a stamp set of their choice just for playing along...
just make sure to use at least one Waltzingmouse product!

And don't forget you have until the 20th to enter Claire's tag contest...
someone is going to win 4 stamp sets of their choice!!
And how incredible is Claire...
she also has her "Nice List" contest going right now on her blog too...
one person will win 4 stamps sets of their choice and 4 stamp sets for their nominated "Nice Person"!!
Go and check out her blog...
you can find all the details for Claire's incredible Christmas Spirit on her blog here.

I wish all of you a wonderfully Merry Christmas and that the New Year sees you happy, healthy and all your wishes coming true...
I will see you again in 2012!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Nordic Winter, Off Beat Backgrounds
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Rustic White
Ink: Versamark
Dies: Spellbinders, PTI
Misc: seam binding, jingle bells, bling



18 comments :

Deborah Frings said...

Love the star - such dimension and the decoration with Nordic Winter is fab.

Hope the house cleaning is going well - doing the same here!!

Jeanne J said...

HI Renee - Love your dimentional star! This would make a really lovely ornament or tag - great idea. Love the red and white with the kraft paper. You will have to let me know how that house cleaning works out! Somehow I picture you all covered in sprinkles and flour and sugar baking cookies instead!

Joyce said...

Such a fun and clever card. I'm guessing that one will be hand delivered. I love all the dimension. This is a fun challenge, and I will need to put my thinking cap on. Good luck with the house cleaning project. I would try your technique, but my girls don't believe in Santa! Too bad for me. I have to resort to the usual threats and bribes.

Diane Jaquay said...

What an AWESOME card! I love those stars, and I love how you placed it in the cutout space and made it the "star" of your card (snort!)

Kim said...

Just beautiful and the star really stands out. Such a stunning card and the ribbvon and bells just seem to finish it off. Good luck with all of your home projects too!

Julia Aston said...

LOVE your hanging, stamped star Renee! what a wonderful creation! I wish a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Amberbop said...

I love how classy you made this. It would go perfectly at this weekend's pinny party on Amber Ink's Blog! http://amberinklings.blogspot.com/2011/12/pinny-party-4.html

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Renee! What a gorgeous star! Thanks for sharing the tutorial! So happy you received your Christmas card :) Merry Christmas!

Stephanie said...

Renee.......Your card is just gorgeous! I absolutely love that 3-dimensional star! Thanks so much for the gorgeous Christmas card, too! I absolutely love it!

Marybeth said...

Love this card Renee, cant wait to try it. TFS Merry Christmas !

Vickie Z said...

Love it!!! The STAR hanging is fabulous in the window!! Love the colors and jingle bells!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

What a stunning card! I really love that star, Renee.

Amy said...

Renee......I never never would have thought to have done this with this sketch!!! You really think outside the box and I love it!! That star idea is perfect for this!!!!

I have a tag all done that I finished in between calls tonight (I'm back at work now....it's 1am and prob won't get home til after 3 if I'm lucky) and so hope I'm not too tired to post it for Claire's challenge!

Sharron said...

Wow--so unique!! Love this approach to the challenge!! The dimensional star looks fantastic and the Nordic Winter design is perfect!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow ! Sensational, just love your work and your style this is one amazing card.

Marie

Cyndie said...

Wow, GREAT job on that Kraft star! I love the pattern you stamped on it, and the way you framed it. Very cute!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I adore that star, Renee! It is so much fun having you on the team! I wish you a Merry Christmas and blessings for the new year!!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cool!! Love how you created this star! What a genius idea you found! Love how it looks on your card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...