Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Year In Review...

Hi, everyone!
Have been so busy lately...
been getting ready for...
then being at...
hospital with my daughter who was scheduled for surgery Thursday.
She has a pump that releases medication in her spine that helps with her CP spasticity...
and it needed replacing.
We were hoping for only one incision site this time but due to an unseen complication...
we have two incisions again...
one in her stomach where the pump is placed...
and one in her back at her spine where the medication is released.
She's doing really well...
and we finally made it home late last night...
after finally opening the door to her room and letting the boys just be themselves...
they decided that getting us out of there couldn't come quick enough...
*giggle*
Love-of-my-life and should have been smarter and opened the door earlier...
and we could have been home by lunch!

But we finally got her home and settled and she's doing great!

And where has this year went?
Didn't we just ring in 2011?
So much has happened over the past year...
I can't believe it's almost over and we're about to ring in 2012!

I started blogging in January...
and remember others doing a countdown of their favorite projects last year...
I loved seeing all the creativity in a nutshell...
and wanted to join in this year!
Of course Cathy (Empty Nest Crafter) reminded me to pick my favorites a month ago...
but I had plenty of time right?
That's why I'm just now doing it...
why do today what can be done tomorrow...
it's how I roll!
*giggle*
So I'm joining in...

http://karin-withaniforpaper.blogspot.com/2011/12/year-in-review.html

I'm not very good at picking things for myself...
and I'll just hope I do this right...














Whew!
Harder than I thought!
And I'm resolving to post more often...
I realized I've been slacking a bit the last few months...
had a hard time finding projects for these last months because well...
I haven't been very consistent!
But tomorrow is a new year...
new resolutions...
new projects and adventures...
so we'll see if I remember!
And how long my memory is...
*giggle*

So any big plans to ring in the New Year?
We usually have "junk food" and game night with the kids...
then watch the ball drop in Times Square on tv...
but with Hunter recovering...
we probably won't make it till midnight tonight.
But we'll still have our "traditional" New Year's fare...
and play some games...
and then we'll see 2012 tomorrow!
I do have the New Year's tradition of no laundry...
no cleaning whatsoever on New Years...
and it is the one day of the year I don't feel guilty for not doing it!
So instead I'm going to bring in some crafty goodies and play a little while sitting and taking care of her.

Thank you all for visiting this past year...
your sweet and encouraging comments...
I have loved and enjoyed each and every one and I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year...
and may 2012 see all your wishes and dreams coming true!

30 comments :

  1. Oh, it sure is fun to see your year's worth of beauty all lined up in one place. Thanks. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you so much for taking the time to post your beautiful projects, especially with all that you have going one! Wow, your plate is so full, and I will offer up a prayer for your daughter :) Hard to choose a favorite for me, but August is AMAZING! Thanks again for linking up at my blog and happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your favorite cards from the past year! My favorite of these is May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update on Hunter - glad she is home where she belongs!! All your cards are beautiful - I didn't realize you started in Jan - Happy Anniversary!! To an even better 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all lovely cards but May was my favorite! Here's hoping that your daughter is settling in and doing better now that she is at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful creations here, Renee, thanks for sharing them with us! We don't usually do anything for New Year's Eve (we're homebodies lol!) But I'll probably make something special for us to eat, and drink, to ring in the New Year! I hope that you and your family are blessed beyond measure in this coming year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you daughter is home and doing well. All your cards are great. My favorite is still May. Love that card. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, was I excited to see that I have two of your Top Ten cards displayed in my craftroom! I love all of your cards, but that one with the witch flying behind the window is my all time favorite of yours. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your cards, and am so glad you were able to pull off a retrospective so quickly. I think my favorite is May. I remember when you posted that card, and we corresponded while you told me how to make it. I ended up doing something similar (but easier), but would still like to make one in 2012. Have a wonderful New Years eating junk food with your family. That sounds pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had time to share! And how wonderful that Hunter is home and doing well. Your cards are fabulous. The first ones reminded me of what a fantastic job you do coloring flowers. I couldn't pick just one favorite but I especially love your Gracie card and your Christmas beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well of COURSE I love them all, especially a certain one because it is sitting on my hutch and I get to see it every day! But there IS one that positively makes me GASP ALOUD each time that I see it! That Gracie flying by the window with the amazing coloring and the gorgeous curtain ensemble, eeek! I am so glad to hear that you have Hunter home with all of you and that she is doing well!! Happy New Year, sweetest Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad to hear your daughter is doing well! I kept checking in to see how it went . We are staying put and said no the parties this year. We will have game night with the two oldest grandsons, (9&8) who are staying with us. Love your cards and I remember most of them. I Love May ,August and December, oh I wont choose. Take Care and Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the May card, just my fav but like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I do hope your sweet girl is feeling good soon!! I simply love all of these cards, but the Botannical
    silhouettes as a window is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your creations are beautiful and love the variety! Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful collection of cards Renee! Hope your little one feels better soon! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous!! Very nice to see them all lined up here, fabulous inspiration! Love it!
    Wishing you a wonderful new year!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVED your choices Renee!! Hope your sweet Hunter is feeling better! Enjoy your crafty day!! (I will be shoppin with my girl friend and our daughters.. that is our tradition! LOL!)
    Happy New Year to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

    Wishing you a year of health, happiness and creativity! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your selection of cards. You did an awesome job with the flower ones. Loved the patchwork pumpkin & the September Halloween card.
    Keeping your daughter in my prayers that everything continues to get better for her.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such beautiful cards. You have had a great year of blogging and crafting. You always have a kind word for fellow bloggers too. Your blog posts are a delight to read. Thanks for the inspiration. Wishing you a wonderful 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Renee your year in review was gorgeous but my favourite was the Christmas one - so delicious.
    I'm so glad Hunter is on the mend and you are back at home. You have earned some crafty you time! I wish you a peaceful and creative 2012.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. glad your daughter is doing well.

    Love your selections -- but I must say that your cards with WMS stamps leap off the screen -- I think you were made for WMS!! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are all such beautiful cards!! I can't even pick a favorite one.

    I've been terrible at blogging and keeping up with my blogging buddies. I hope to change that this year!

    I will be keeping your sweet little daughter in my thoughts and prayers.

    Happy New Year Renee!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad your daughter is doing well and is back at home!

    Your cards are all beautiful! They are all so different and unique! I think my 2 favorites are the butterflies with map paper and the 3d star from December!

    ReplyDelete
  26. great review....love all of your colored flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Renee! what lovely cards for your year in review!

    Hope Hunter continues to improve after her surgery.....

    wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Renee, I must say that I am so glad I met you through blogging. I have enjoyed seeing your blog evolve and with that, I think my favorite card is your August card with the WMS witchie. That card knocked it out of the park!!!

    I have truly enjoyed our talks and getting to know you more. I am very disappointed that I couldn't come to Memphis next weekend to meet you! Someday we will meet!! You have become a true friend and I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Reneee, I hope things are better with your daughter this week!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...