Monday, January 30, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas


Hi, everyone!
Welcome to the first month of The 12 Kits of Christmas.

I know...
you're thinking Christmas?
It's January...
Christmas is 11 months away!
But after coming down to the wire...
again...
last year I committed myself to working on Christmas year round this year.
I figure if I can get most of my cards done...
and I say "most" because let's face it...
there's going to be new sets released later in the year that I am going to have to have and then use so there's some give room in there...
by the time the Holidays arrive I'm going to be coasting...
and able to actually enjoy...
them this year!
And when speaking with my dear friend Suzanne (thecardyard) and we were both talking about how we were going to be ahead of the game for the Holiday season this year...
she suggested we challenge each other every month to make sure we stay on goal.
Well...
the idea grew.
And between Suzanne, Cathy, Joyce and Kim...
and 7 other fabulous crafters and friends....
we came up with The 12 Kits of Christmas!
Oh!
And Suzanne also designed our fabulous banner...
make sure to give her a big "Whoo-Hoo"!!

This works very similar to the 4 of a Kind kits with Joyce, Cathy and Kim...
there's 12 of us and each month one of us will be the hostess and create 12 identical kits...
sending a kit to each of the members and keeping one for ourselves.
Then we will all create at least one card...
but we can do as many as we want or have time for...
and we will all post them together on the last day of the month so we can see what each of us created using the exact same ingredients.
And to get the ball rolling I took January...
and par for me...
didn't take a picture of what the kit contained so Kara was sweet enough to send out a photo she snapped and here is a shot of some of the ingredients...


Isn't her photography incredible?
I need to ask her for lessons!

OK...brief explanation of what all was in the kit...
the kit was based around The Grand Madison Window by Memory Box/Poppystamps...
and also included dies from PTI In the Meadow...
Memory Box Star of Wonder & Essex Label...
Cheery Lynn Elegant Evergreen...
sentiments by Waltzingmouse Say It With Style, Compliments of the Season and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...
PTI In the Meadow...
patterned papers came from October Afternoon Holiday Style...
some jingle bells, buttons, seam binding, The Twinery twine and some gorgeous velvet ribbon by Simplicity.
Cardstock is PTI Stamper's Select, True Black, Pure Poppy and Simply Chartreuse...
whew!
I think I got it all!

And here is what I came up with...





I told you I need Kara to give me photography lessons!
Everything is from the kits except for the card base...
and then I added a little bling from my stash...
a little extra cardstock and patterned paper...
but I cut a couple of die cuts with some included cardstock...
and also made the wreath using the Martha Stewart pine bough punch using a tutorial I found here.
I also have lots left over and plan on using it to CASE some of the fabulous cards I know I'm going to see soon!

Now...
you have to go and visit all the others...
believe me...
you do not want to miss them because there is some seriously amazing talent in this group and I'm really surprised they are allowing me to be a part of it...
or that they are willing to be associated with me...
but there's also a prize at the end for all who do!
Seriously...
the prize is all extra because check out this incredible talent...

Kara (kandrdesigns)
Suzanne (thecardyard)
Joyce (Cards-by-the-Sea)
Marybeth (Marybeth's Time for Paper)
Amy (Stamp-n-Paradise)
Cathy (EmptyNestCrafter)
Jessica (ThePaperParade)
Sharron (OnPappillonWings)
Kim (Cupcakes,Cards and Kim)
Christina (Sea Glass and Sentiments)
Jeanne (AKeptLife)

OK...I said there was a prize so here's the details...
you have to visit everyone and leave a little lovin'.
That's it.
You don't have to follow...
but in order to get the prize out to you please make sure I have a way of contacting you.
Now...
what's the prize?
Here's a pic...



I would love to send you the Grand Madison Window die...
but that baby is in hot demand and no one has it that I've found so I'm sending you some die cuts of it instead...
along with some cuts of the new window box for it...
some flowers and vines...
and though it wasn't in the kit...
another fabby die from Memory Box that has also been in hot demand...
Country Landscape.
You actually get the Country Landscape die.
This is open to everyone...
but internationals please note that it may take a while to get to you...
and I'll close it on Friday February 3rd at 11:59pm CT and announce the winner over the weekend!

Now I also have to give a shout out to Suzanne who hooked me up with my new favorite LSS...
and they may be 1000 miles away but they are my favorite LSS...
and is where I have been able to snag all of these fabulous Memory Box dies...

http://www.absolutelyeverything.com/

They ship free with a $25 purchase...
super fast shipping...
and you have your goodies in just days!
Patti is so incredibly sweet and helpful...
go and pay them a visit because I know they will become your new favorite LSS too!

If you've made it this far...
God Bless You!
Thanks so much for hanging in and hope you enjoy!
Now scoot off and see all the gorgeous eye candy I know is waiting for you!




26 comments :

  1. Oh goodness Renee! I just had to stay up to see what you did with your kit after visiting with you today! You outdid yourself with all the ingredients! I love how you added the pine bough wreath to the window die.....LOVE that. Then there's that other window card.....black and white with a pop of red with jingly bells??? LOVE that one too. I had so much fun creating with your kit and I want to thank you for inviting me into this wonderful group of talent! I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee you cards are amazing ( I keep saying the same thing over and over) but they are. The last black and white card is gorgeous, we made almost the same card. I found the same inspiration for the flower making. I loved this window so much and don't think I will ever tire of it. Thank you for including me into this great group of wonderful card makers and friends. I love the way you used the bells on your card. The wreath is just adorable! Wonderful cards, I have so many already just form your kit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the kits!! Love all the cards. Though the blk/white is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, thank you so much for including me in this amazing group! I have had a blast seeing everyone's creations today, including these beauties by you! I adore the wreath you added above the window in the first card and the gems you used to decorate the tree (why didn't I think of that?). And the last one in black and white with a pop of red--stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea! I wish I was in your group! :o)
    Looks like a fabulous kit. Lovely cards... especially love the window shape and the pretty tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee - I love your idea and that your sharing with 12 friends. I hope your idea gives me the push I need to start making Christmas cards earlier this year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee...once again you have out done yourself, first fabulous kits and then incredibly fabulous cards. And we have one that is a match, maybe that means your creativity is rubbing off on me??
    I can dream right?
    Well again all of your cards are just breath taking and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saved your post for last, knew you would do something spectacular with your great kit you sent us all. I am so blown away with everything you made, especially the black and white card with the red bow. Honestly, Renee that one is just one of the prettiest, most strikingly elegant cards I have ever seen. You did such a great job, I have absolutely loved this month's edition of our 12 Kits club! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome kit. Love the cards you created. The window die is fabulous. I love the Christmas tree too. It looks great behind the wondow. That wreath is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is a great idea and what fabulous cards you have created! Can't wait to see what all the other ladies have come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are gorgeous!! Your group sounds like lots of fun and what an accomplishment at the end of the year with all the cards! Please keep me in mind if you start another group.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I should not be surprised that your cards are mind-bogglingly gorgeous. I love both of the cards with the window. That one stumped me, and now, I can't see why. I have so many ideas, and so many windows to try them on. Your second card is just a beautiful way to mix so many patterns of paper together, and your decorated red Christmas tree is so stunning. Thanks again for sending me such a wonderful kit, and for including me in your incredible group.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of the challenge. Great cards! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have visited all the blogs and saved you for last! OMG, this has been such fun!! Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this fabulously talented group. Your cards are GORGEOUS--knew they would be! Love the black & white with the red bow best. Love them all but this is just over the top stunning--so elegant! And you used the red tree--I was too conservative and stayed with green! But it looks wonderful. I am going to have so much to CASE!! Everything in your kit was spectacular and there are so many leftovers. Thanks so much for being so generous--you're a sweetie!! And I had a FANTASTIC time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all gorgeous Renee, love the traditional festive colours you used! And this die cuts are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I usually start my Christmas cards in January too! But this month has been crazy.

    Great set of cards and way to get started on those much needed cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards Renee!! How could they not be with such an amazing kit!! I especially love the all black and white card...SO elegant!! One lucky person is going to win a great prize!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cool idea! I'm loving the concept

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this kit is awesome! Glad to see I'm not the only one getting a head start. :) I've been doing my own version by "kitting" my supplies and making cards during a monthly craft night at my LSS. I love that tree in the window card! I'm gonna have to get that die now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great selection of cards! I love the black and white card with the window and jingle bells!! What a super start to this year's collection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I AM THE QUEEN ENABLER - is that what you called me? I love it!

    Your creations are AMAZING Renee! I am so glad you came up with this idea. I love it. I love your red bow on the black and white, and the layered papers, and the WREATH on the window - are you kidding me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Renee, I can't thank you enough for letting me be a part of this absolutely wonderful group :) I am thrilled and honored to be a part of this lineup of incredibly talented women! The kit you sent was AH-MA-ZING!! I was able to make four cards out of it and have extra supplies still that I will most definitely be using :) Now on to your cards...I think my favorite ha to be the first one...LOVE that wreath and the red tree with the plaid wallpaper behind the window die! My second favorite is the 3rd one with the big red tree in front of that awesome patterned paper :) But I absolutely love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Renee, I love the kit and the idea. Now I want to try exchanging a kit with my crafty Mom, Aunt and Sister! :-)

    I like the different interpretations from each lady. Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG, I can't wait to go through this entire blog hop because I know I'll see all kinds of beautiful creations. You didn't give yourself enough credit for being included in this group ~ you deserve to be. What a way to start the year! LOVE both of your cards and would be thrilled beyond belief to win your generous blog candy!

    bdlakebum at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Renee your kits looks fantastic. Everyone on the team made incredible creations and now you are being so generous with your prize. Thanks for all the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Renee...these are amazing! I especially like the black and white card with the pop of red...so elegant and beautiful! You're well on your way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...