Sunday, January 22, 2012

Children's Hospital Valentine Card Drive


Hi, everyone!
Popping in with some cards I made for the Children's Hospital Valentine Card Drive hosted by Winter Sims...





When I first heard of this on Kara's blog...
it was right after we had just returned from Vanderbilt Children's Hospital where Hunter had had her surgery...
all of the kids had come home with stuffed animals that had been donated for the children in hospital over the holidays...
so this drive kind'a struck close to home.
Also St. Jude is just down in Memphis and though I have never visited and pray fervently that I am never in need of the services they provide...
my family has long been a supporter of them and all the incredible work that they do.
And if I can throw just one more thing into the mix...
St. Louis Children's has an incredible pediatric neurosurgery department and there is a surgery that we would like to investigate further for Hunter...
and if she qualifies...
will alleviate any future need for repeat surgeries like she just had...
so we may someday find ourselves in St. Louis taking advantage of the care that she can receive there.
Don't get me wrong...
Vanderbilt can perform it...
we love our neurosurgeon here...
but the top doctor...
the one who has perfected it and trained others in performing it...
is in St. Louis.
So you can see where a card drive like this hits close to my heart...
and how I had to participate.

I won't bore you with oodles of pics...
but there are a few...


I kept mine very CAS and kid friendly in regards to buttons and bling...
and I really wanted to use some bling!
I used PTI's Tiny Treats: Valentine's and WPlus9 A Pocketful:Valentine for these...


And then my very favorite (and hoarded) AMuse gingham paper and Waltzingmouse for these...


I didn't even think about punching hearts out of the scrap gingham until I was done assembling the gingham squares...
but I do think it would have been more interesting if I had mixed the solid and gingham squares...
only I wasn't quick enough with the thought...
sorry!
And then those hearts from Waltzingmouse Say It With Style are actually on scrap squares that I had left over from a recent die cutting extravaganza...
more detail on it next week...
*wink*


So you can read all the details about the drive here on Winter's blog...
but she needs to receive the cards no later than January 31st so not a lot of time to get them in the mail...
but I also know they will be greatly appreciated!

Till next time!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Say It With Style, WPlus9 A Pocketful: Valentine, PTI Tiny Treats: Valentine and Button Boutique
Cardtsock: PTI Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, SU Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink, Real Red
Patterned Paper: AMuse
Dies: PTI Button Boutique
Punch: Marvy Uchida Heart, Memory Box Grand Madison (negative)
Ink: Copic, SU and PTI


13 comments :

Kara said...

Such cute cards!! Im sure the kids will love them!!

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful collection of cards Renee! I heard about this great cause on Suzanne's blog. Hoping to get a few in the mail this week.

Suzanne said...

You made so many! What a champ! AND I LOVE THEM, Renee! Super cute and colorful and cheery!! They're gonna be so lucky to get them!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a sweet collection of cards Renee and for such a great cause! How thoughtful and selfless of you!

Joyce said...

Wow-- you made so many cute cards. It was so tempting just to only get a peek. I also spent my entire day (I'm not that efficient) working on this project, and hope to have my post up by tomorrow. I really liked seeing those cuties you made with the WPlus9 set, because I have that one, too!

Kim said...

Renee...all of these cards are just so sweet and adorable, the children will love giving these out. You are so kind to share your talents with these children, such a wonderful gift.

Marybeth said...

Such a beautiful, sweet bunch of cards . This is such a great cause . Love the way you kept them simple and sweet. Very thoughtful of you.

The Paper Parade said...

Renee, you have been busy! I love them all, but the pocket cards are definitely my favorite :) You and Suzanne may break me...I may have to get it after all ;)

Inkyfingers said...

These are so cute Renee and I'm sure they will be appreciated.
Hugs
Carol x

Kristin said...

These are so cute! And I may have to CASE your gingham and heart cards! Totally cute and love them!

Pauline said...

These are beautiful Reneee, and for such a wonderful cause. Love those little hearts and the gingham, so sweet!

Jeanne J said...

Renee, These cards are great - and for such a good cause! I think they're going to love them!

Amy said...

Renee....these cards are PERFECT for the kids. Each of them is just so sweet and will sure to bring a smile to the kids' faces! I feel bad I didnt' get any done but we support St.Jude monthly at our house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...