Saturday, January 21, 2012

May The Road Rise to Meet You...



May the wind be at your back...
May the sun shine warm down upon your land...
May the rain fall soft upon your face until we meet again...
May God hold you in the palm of his hand


Hi, everyone!
Hope you have had a fabulous week!
Back again for another fabulous sketch for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...


And when I first saw this I knew I wanted to use Waltzingmouse Irish Blessings for it.



I stayed pretty simple with this weeks challenge...
but I think an image like this speaks best when left in it's own natural beauty.
And I loved this set the first time I saw it...
unfortunately it has not seen the love from me that it deserves.
Such a gorgeous set...
with beautiful Irish blessings...
in both Gaelic and English.
I can't pronounce the Gaelic...
but Haley is actually about to take up a foreign language...
and though we debated Japanese, Italian and Russian...
we all decided on Gaelic.
A nod to her very Irish heritage...
you can't go through life with the name of Lynch and not be Irish...
but also for the beauty of the language...
so I'm hoping to pick some up myself as well...
I'm excited to try!
Now besides this reason...
I also loved this set because of the song above.
When Haley was younger she sang in a children's choir and every Spring they closed their concert with
"May the Road Rise to Meet You"...
and to this day it still brings tears to my eyes when I remember this being sung in the beautiful, sweet voices
of all the children on stage.
I cried during the concert too...
don't laugh...
you would have too!
The most precious thing!

So ready to join us with this fabulous sketch?
Head over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and see what all my fellow amazingly talented Mischief Makers have to inspire and delight...
and then link up your creation on the blog!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and one lucky person will randomly win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

Hope you all have a fabulous week and we can't wait to see what you create!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Irish Blessings
Cardstock: PTI Scarlet Jewel, Rustic Cream, Kraft
Patterned paper: Simple Stories Generations
Misc: twine, button, pinking shears 


11 comments :

  1. Beautiful. Such sweet, simple perfection! Love the earthy colors you chose and the hint of lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this image looks best uncolored. It looks great on this card, the lace was a perfect embellishment, adding a little something without taking away from the beauty of the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that poem sounded familiar, but didn't know it was an Irish blessing. How beautiful, and your card captures that serenity and spirit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful saying...pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Renee! I love that plaid...it goes so perfectly with those stamps. I totally agree with you about not coloring this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I agree that the image stands beautifully as it is, and the sentiment is perfect.

    Hope Haley's language lessons go well - she's picked a tough one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card!!! I love the color combo and the beautiful lace peeking out at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, Renee, you found the perfect sketch and color scheme to showcase this set! Such a warm and cozy greeting with the plaids and lace! Makes me want to go build a fire! But that would be bad since we have a fireplace but took our dilapidated chimney down this summer...I digress :) Awesome sketch card, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Renee! The sketched WM image is a perfect match with that pretty patterned paper. Such homespun feel. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the image plain too!! Colors go wonderfully well with this image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh that plaid is perfect with this! I love that the image is uncolored.....just makes it feel so homey and warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...