Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Year...


and another 4 of a Kind with Joyce, Kim and Cathy!

I've totally missed doing these over the Holidays...
but Joyce (Cards-by-the-Sea), Kim (Cupcakes, Cards and Kim), Cathy (EmptyNestCrafter) and I decided to take a break for the them so I was very excited when Cathy sent our kits last month...
it had been so long...
and couldn't wait to get started again!
Here's a pic of everything she included in the kit...
excuse the mess...
I was crafting...


I died when I saw everything included...
the colors...
the paper...
velvet ribbon...
she even cut and scored Post-it covers!
And included a pen!

Cathy sent things from PTI's Take Note and Flutterby Friend...
and the gorgeous color palette of PTI Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Vintage Cream and Smokey Shadow...
coordinated with the patterned Just Simply Jane Authentique paper she sent perfectly!

And here is the little trio I whipped up with it all...
warning...
photo heavy...


Everything is from the kit Cathy sent except for the little bit of lace I added to the card...
even all the die cuts were made from paper she sent!
Now you know why I died!
Everything just assembled itself...
and I still have leftovers!

Now...just a note...
I've been playing with different lighting lately...
trying to find a good natural light spot...
and I'm really thinking I'm liking the way these came out...
what do you think?
I used no lights...
it's all natural...
and the only thing I did was a quick touch-up and a little trimming on my camera.
I also now notice that I could have also done with a little bit of straightening...
but just overlook that ok?
So I think I may have found the spot...
it's the ledge behind the MB tub...
and shots have to be done after 9am and before 11am...
on a sunny day...
so could have future issues on a rainy day...
but what do you think?

OK...
now you have to go off and visit...
Joyce,
Kim...
Cathy...
and see what they were able to come up with using all these fabulous goodies!
And make sure to stop back by on the 31st...
there's a new venture that I'm so excited about and can't wait to share with you!


15 comments :

  1. wow! what a greaat kit. you made so many beautiful things with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so pretty and I love what you did with all the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee...everyhtign you careated with this months kit is just beautiful. I love how you used the three roses on the one card, so sweet and elegant. It is always so much fun to see how different all of our cards are from one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, the lighting is perfect. I laughed when you talked about the precise timing, I have that same issue at my house too. I have about two hours of the day where I can take a pic. I love what you did with the kit. The long notepad is so great, I love how you used your roses as a trio and that card is just gorgeous. You used the perfect diecuts for the sentiment, especially the one with forever friends on it. Great job on this month's kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee I LOVE all you created.. what a FABULOUS kit! I must sneak to the other girls blogs and see their work!!
    I wanted to let you know it was our first month of this idea too! THANKS for letting us borrow it!! It was so FUN!!
    http://bethiejs.blogspot.com/2012/01/just-3-of-us.html

    My friend Joni got SIX things done with the kit I sent.. I was in awe!!
    Hope all is well! Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful things you made. I love that scalloped border, and how you used it on everything to tie all your projects together. I can tell you are a professional! Those rolled roses look wonderful together--what a clever label you made, and I love the pearls in the center. How fun to see all the same ingredients stirred up in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ! Cathy sent a great kit. Love the colors. Love all three of the items you made. Amazing! Love the one with … this and that … on it, and the pen. Oh I love them all. Great pictures without flash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great kit to work with.
    The colors are fabulous.
    Love all the things you made.
    The medallion on the notebook is awesome.
    Love the post it holder. Very feminine & elegant.
    Looking forward to more things with your leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You made so many beautiful things! Love the Authentique paper and the rosettes you made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous projects! Thank-you for letting us borrow your 4-of-a-kind idea. What FUN it was getting a package of goodies in the mail! It was such FUN creating with new paper and embellies!
    I'm off to check the what the other ladies have created...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great projects!! I absolutely adore those rolled felt flowers, so so pretty!! Thanks for letting us run with your idea, it's a fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow--fabulous kit and all your creations are gorgeous! I adore those rolled roses and love how you used the three together against that wonderful paper! Your photos look great--natural lighting is always so effective but I had to laugh about the time issue--studio only open for 2 hours a day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great kit! Those papers are gorgeous and I love what you did with it all. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Lil' Inker Designs January Release Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If this is what you created with those gorgeous supplies Cathy sent, I can not wait to see what you make with the *new* kit at the end of the month! I am getting really excited to work with it!

    LOVE LOVE the notepad you made and the post it holder.....those papers are just so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love when you girls do this! Your projects are wonderful! I love how you put everything together. They are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...