Saturday, January 7, 2012

Waltzingmouse #79

Hello everyone...
hope all of you have had wonderful Holidays!
I've missed you!
But with Hunter having surgery and recuperating...
which she is doing very well...
and thank you so much for all your thoughts, prayers and well wishes...
with all of my heart...
you will never know how much that means to me.
She does have a little fluid in her lungs right now...
and we're watching her very closely for any signs of fever...
which we'll then have breathing treatments set up...
pneumonia isn't uncommon after surgery for this very reason but I've always known that pneumonia is my worst fear with her...
so being very cautious and she'll be home with me again next week.
But she's healing fantastically...
has handled this surgery like the amazing, incredible person is...
and we hope to have her back at 100% soon!

I love the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenges...
don't you?
And though I enjoyed the little break...
time to just enjoy the Holidays...
I also missed you and the weekly challenges so I'm excited to get going with them again!
Though I warn you...
I'm a little rusty!
You'll understand in a moment!

Here is the fabulous sketch we have for you this week...

And I almost pulled out a Christmas set again when I realized...
it's over!
It's 2012!!
And here's my take...
That rusty comment...
if you were to look closely...
which now I'm telling you not to...
seriously!
Don't go there!
But I've been working close to Hunter and have moved a lot of stuff with me to be with her...
and without even thinking...
stamped my sentiment on my paper cutter...
which has score lines!
It's so crooked and off kilter...
but don't look!
Just know that I'm aware...
and I promise not to do it again!
OK...
I promise to try not to do it again...
and that's probably the best I can do at this point because I haven't had an excessive amount of sleep in the last week...
sorry!

But I used Dainty Doilies 2...
and have you tried the doilies?
OMG...
they are so fabulously easy to line up...
I'm in love!
Layered with one of the small images...
added some pearl bling...
and used some of my new favorite paper...
October Afternoon Farmhouse.

Simple...
easy...
and a great way to ease back into something that isn't Christmas...
it's been so long!
Though...
I am committed to completing all of Lynn's Christmas Challenges over on the forum this year...
she posts a new challenge each month on the 10th...
so I will still be doing Christmas...
just not all at once!

Now are you ready to get back to some sketches?
Go and check out all of the fabulous eye candy my fellow Mischief Makers have created for you...
and then join us for the fun!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and one person will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

Hope you have a fabulous week and can't wait to see what you create!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Dainty Doilies 2, Say It With Style, Fancy Phrases
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Rustic White
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon
Misc: PTI Tiny Tags die, twine, bling, lace

15 comments :

  1. Love the delicate lacey focal image, so very pretty! Good to hear from you. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Renee, it's a lovely card! Love the yellow on the grey. Gorgeous. Happy New Year from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the soft colors, and that bright red tiny heart is the perfect touch. Glad there is good news on Hunter. Will be happier when she is totally out of the woods. I think a tiny crooked sentiment is worth it if you can be with your girl--in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shouldn't have said anything about the sentiment, I didn't see it and I bet no one else would have either! Love the great big doily, lined up just perfectly. The papers you used are gorgeous, so soft and pretty. Glad Hunter is doing better, I am amazed you had time to create anything considering all you have been dealing with lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Renee. I will not get my magnifying glass out to see the sentiment you stamped. Nice choice of soft colors too. I guess I am going to have to get some stamps so I can play along . Hope Hunter continues to be on the mend and you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful. As always.
    Hope things have continued to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that Hunter continues to improve Renee! Love your doily stamping on this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee, this is so lovely! I love the stitching with those beautiful papers, and that doily is amazing!

    I love the gold accents, and the pop of red on the tag, too. Perfect touch!

    It's okay that you stamped the sentiment like that. I would not have noticed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, your card is SO pretty! The soft grey is lovely, especially with the touch of yellow and the adorable little red heart! The doily is gorgeous and I love the added bling! I never would have thought the sentiment was crooked--it looks great and the first thing I did notice were those little pearls you added as accents! Hope Hunter has a good week ahead and continues to make rapid improvement. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee...I would have never noticed that your sentiment was not straight. Your card is just beautiful, the colors are so elegant and sweet. How nice to be albe to hang out with Hunter and make such a beautiful card, must be a reflection on Miss Hunter. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. Love the touch of red!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those doily stamps--can't get enough! This is a lovely use of them--nice combination of patterns and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful, elegant Birthday card - love, love all those little pearls and the doily is just exquisite!! Hope Hunter soon feels much better x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card with that doily Renee....I may need to look at WMS for doilies. I am not happy with the other company's doilies....:) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card!! I love that doily! I have always adored WMS doily sets! And you used it just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...