Saturday, January 28, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #82


Hello everyone!
It's Saturday...
and we all know what Saturday's bring...
another fabulous Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
Here's the incredible sketch from the inspiringly talented Anya...


And here is my interpretation...


I used my new favorite paper...
October Afternoon's Farmhouse...
seriously...
I die over all of it!
And I thought this beautiful sentiment of faith from Waltzingmouse Words of Wisdom would go beautifully.
I never seem to have cards for difficult situations on hand when I actually need them...
so this one will be going into my stash...
though in all honesty I hope it's quite a while before I need it.

Now it's time for you to hop over to the WMS Challenge Blog and oogle all the incredibly fabulous eye candy all my fellow Mischief Makers have created for your delight...
and then join in!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
link up your project over on the WMS Sketch Challenge Blog...
and one random winner will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
We can't wait to see what you create!

Now I'm off to bake hubby a special cake for his special day of which I almost got myself in some major trouble because I got slightly confused and thought was actually tomorrow...
really...
28th...
29th...
they're so close together!
Now don't think I'm a bad wife...
he forgot our anniversary this past year!
Almost had me convinced it fell on the 28th...
even though I knew it was the 27th...
I confirmed I was right with my sister and a phone call.
And since the last couple of years the kids have been out for snow the week of his birthday we've always had his cards ready but this year we have been experiencing some warmer than normal temps and the kids have been in school all week so we are also going to be having a card making fest before he gets in from work...
wish me luck!
And I have the camera ready to document everything for Project Life...
I'm starting to get the hang of this new adventure...
with a lot of help and encouragement from my PL buddy Anya!

Hope all of you have a wonderful week!
I have another new adventure on Tuesday so make sure you stop back by!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Words of Wisdom
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Smokey Shadow and Spring Rain
Patterned paper: October Afternoon Farmhouse
Dies: Spellbinders, PTI Edger's #3
Ink: PTI
Misc: seam binding, PTI button, PTI linen thread

10 comments :

  1. I think your card is so beautiful, lovely colours and the verse is perfect. I like the scalloped border!

    Have fun with the baking and card making session :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, love this color combo . Your card is beautiful ! I like the edgers die at the top of the card ,I always seem to use it at the bottom. Happy BD to your husband,my H.was the 26th . Lot of January BDays. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to do in so little time - but I know you will make it happen!!! I love the triple layered border at the top and wasn't familiar with this WM stamp - or the farmhouse paper - I'm gonna have to check that out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, I'm digging that Farmhouse paper, too! The colors are fabulous. I love the top layered scallops and that big bow, too. Here's hoping that it stays in your stash for a long time! Looking forward to hearing about that new adventure on Tuesday hehe ;) Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I hope you won't have to use it, but I do find that those kinds of cards are best done ahead of time, without a recipient in mind. As for the paper--well, let's just say that I am glad you like OA Farmhouse.....And, my lips are now sealed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! I love how you did the top edge with those scallops. And the ribbon, sooo pretty!

    My DH and I always forget our anniversary. It's pretty comical, I think we have each done it a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card--the colors and patterned paper look beautiful! I especially love your scallop border at the top and the gorgeous bow! Hope your baking got done and all the cards made. Happy Birthday to your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Renee! I DO love that paper but I really like those scallops that adorn the top! What a great interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your kind comment! I too love your background paper, such a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the triple layer topper!! And... these colors are fabulous!! Rough week and a little behind... Wow... sentiment and ribbon are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...