Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party






Yup!
You read right!
The Waltz has turned into a party!
And if you happen to have missed the details...
you can read about them here.
And then you can link up and join in the fun! :)

This month's theme is "Sweet Things"...
and I was having a hard time with coming up with something other than I knew chocolate was going to be involved!
Valentine's Day is coming...
and we all know what that holiday is about...
love.
And chocolate.
And I really do love me some chocolate!
*giggle*
Sometimes...
when I'm kissing the kids goodnight and telling them how much I love them...
I tell them I "love you more than the whole wide world...
more than the universe...
even more than chocolate"...
*giggle*
They know they're my world!

So I knew chocolate was going to be involved...
and well...
life has been tough lately...
and sometimes...
when life gets tough...
life needs a Dove.
It won't solve problems...
or mend a broken heart...
but it sure does taste good!
And problems are always better faced with a Dove in hand.
And this is what I did with them...
please be gentle because I was way out of my comfort zone with this one...




I know...
it's pastel-y...
and frilly...
and fru-fru...
and so not me.
I love bold, dark colors...
reds...
blues...
browns...
greens...
but when searching for paper to use to cover this craft box with...
I happened upon this in my stash and well...
I got stuck on an idea and wouldn't let it go!
Pink is not "my signature color"...
name that movie!

I really thought the sentiment from Waltzingmouse Rescue Remedies would look so beautiful in pastel...


among lace...
and I may have gotten carried away...
but it's my first attempt with fru-fru.
And out of everything I have ever made...
my daughter...
who is not a fru-fru person in any shape, form or fashion...
reacted the strongest over this box...
and that's before she even knew there were Dove's inside!


You can tell she's mine...
Dove is her kryptonite too!
So guess what she's getting?
*giggle*

I made a coordinating card using Rescue Remedies Additions...


I LOVE the font on this sentiment...
and stamped an element included in Rescue Remedies on the side to help frame it in.
Those roses?
Found them at Michael's...
who loves the $1 spot?
I am hopelessly addicted to any $1 spot in any store...
I can always find such great little do-dads...
and when I find something...
I buy in bulk!
I found these roses last Summer...
and bought tons in the colors offered...
they even came with their own sticky dots...
and was just waiting for a chance to use them!
Then I added some MS punched pine boughs...
may have gotten carried away again...
sorry!

OK...
so the party has started...
are you ready to join in?
Hop over to Claire's blog and see all the incredible eye candy everyone has for you...
and I hope see you there!

The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Rescue Remedies, Rescue Remedies Additions
Cardstock: PTI Rustic White, Simply Chartreuse
Patterned Paper: Girls Paperie
Ink: Momento
Dies: Spellbinders
Misc: bling, lace, SU ribbon, roses, MS pine bough punch, PTI buttons, white craft box


34 comments :

  1. Renee, I can't believe you think this is out of your comfort zone- its absolutely GORGEOUS!! What a fantastic box of sweet goodies and a fabulous card to match - lovin' the delicate pink pearls and those sweet little roses & green foliage and of course the beautiful WMS Labels x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Renee, this is exceptionally beautiful! I love the pretty papers, and ruffled ribbon, pearly swirls and girly goodness! Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steel Magnolias! Steel Magnolias! Do I win some Dove chocolate?! EEEEK this is gorgeous, Renee! I just love the pleated ruffle ribbon around the edge of the box and those gorgeous papers. The labels looks amazing on these! Those rosebuds looks like a MILLION bucks, chuckle! You should have tricked us and said they were handmade...I would totally have fallen for it! Awesome projects just FULL of LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful frilly, feminine beautiful box and matching card Renee! I love that ribbon - all the pretty papers and pearls! Perfect container for the decadent Doves inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, This is lovely!! The lace, flowers, ruffles, pretty pastels - what's not to love??? So pretty you don't need the chocolates inside!!! A feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For being not you, you sure did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful gift ensemble Renee! Love how you stamped the images using pink ink! The fancy trim and flower embellishments look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is just so beautiful and I can't believe for a second that this is out of your comfort zone. I love everything about it with the exception of the chocolate, LOL. Just so elegant and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Renee. For it "being out of your comfort zone" it sure looks like you do these kinds of things ALL the time. Beautifully done, amazing embellishments and what's NOT to like about a box full of chocolate. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The paper, the lace, the roses, the pearls and last but not least, the pleated ribbon! What a spectacular project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! What gorgeous projects, Renee!! Love the trim, lace & the pretty pinks. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You box and card are BEAUTIFUL! You went all out on this box! I love the little flowers you picked up and then the leaves you added to them. I had to laugh I have that same paper but I bought it a few weeks ago, I think I liked it because it was just happy. And you box and card would make anyone happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word BEE-U-T-I-FUL!!! Love love love these creations

    ALi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful... love the combo of colours used!! Also giggled when reading your Bio... it's funny how we end up spending so much time in the car!!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow--this is so sweet and beautiful. It may be out of your comfort zone, but I think you have discovered a new zone. Love the colors and all the sweet, feminine details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, Renee--you may prefer other colors & styles but you certainly have a flair for frilly & feminine! These are GORGEOUS!! Love the papers, the ribbon and those fabulous flowers! And you have great taste in chocolate! My co-worker, who I worked with for years, and I were in many ways different but we got along fabulously. We both are Virgos and our absolute favorite comfort food is Dark Chocolate Doves!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely AMAZING. I LOVE your box - so beautiful and sweet in every way!
    Have a great day and a great hop, hugs Karin

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely fabulous!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors, textures, pattern, ribbon, pearls, flowers and a box of chocolate to die for! I also enjoyed going through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, they are all GORGEOUS! I love the colours and the pink ruffly ribbon!
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fully of shabby goodness - I can't believe this is out of your comfort zone! It's so pretty, very pink and frilly and utterly gorgeous! Love the chocs too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your very pretty shabby chic box and gorgeous matching card!! just fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pink might not be your favorite, but it sure is mine! I love, love, love this whole gorgeous ensemble, not even considering the yummy chocolate. The ribbon and papers you used are gorgeous and those pearl flourishes, so sparkly and chic. Yes, I said chic! Great job and really good photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic little box of goodies, and I love the striped background on the card. The music strip is especially inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow, the Dove Valentine chocolates are in the stores already??! Must add them to the shopping list! I think you did "fru-fru" perfectly! Your gift set is just beautiful, especially the pink ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Renee, this is just stunning! I just love the box and the card--your use of colors and embellishments is just wonderful, your result is just so lovely! Chocolate is my favorite too! :)

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I got those flowers too!!

    My oldest and I play a game where I say, "What do I love most, Emma or Chocolate?" and she'll laugh and say "chocolate!!" and I say "Noo... I love EMMA more than chocolate!!" From there, we play with all kinds of other things we love (stamping, movies, etc..)

    But I do the same thing... when it's time to get serious, I tell her I love her more than chocolate, because really.. that's like a lifeline... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful gift set :)

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  29. Renee this is just wonderful, your colours and design are just so darn pretty!! and that wee ruffled ribbon was the perfect touch and yup me to I love the £1 places!!! Thank you so much for joining our blog party!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Renee, this a gorgeous project--it looks as though you are natural with the soft shabby, vintage, girly, fru-fru style. You had me laughing with the chocolate--I agree love is wonderful, but sometimes I really need chocolate more. Also glad to know I wasn't the only one buying all those little roses last summer at Michael's. BTW, I was at Michael's a couple of weeks ago and there are more roses in--except now it's the $1.50 bin.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You say you were out of your comfort zone, I say - you should be out of it more often....this gift box is a stunner!! You've done a smashing job and the coordinating card is perfect. Enjoy the chocolate. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Renee.....You my dear friend, need to do this type of project more often!!! I think this "frufru" look is absolutely stunning and I love every little bit of lace and pearls you added......any less wouldn't have been enough. Gorgeous gorgeous!

    (I also LOVE all the pine boughs you added! hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous projects, Renee! I would sure like to dip into those chocolates. LOL Thanks so much for stopping by during the Lil' Inker Designs January Release Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Renee, this is gorgeous!! I love the fru-fru!! I can imagine how much your daughter loved it as well! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...