Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Am A Professional...

procrastinator.
Sad...
but true.
I do it with everything.
I procrastinate with everything in my life...
from getting out of bed in the mornings...
to leaving to drop kiddies at school...
laundry...
grocery shopping...
picking up kiddies at school...
going to bed...
everything.
Name it...
and I put it off until the very last moment.
I have been known to feed my kids dinner at 8:00 because I waited too long to get it started...
this usually occurs on weekends or breaks when I imagine I actually have more time.
I have been known to go screeching into the electric department's parking lot trying to beat them opening because I was awoken in the middle of the night remembering that I had not yet paid the bill and they would be coming to turn off my power...
not because I didn't have the money...
but because I honestly believed I had lots of time to get to it.
I procrastinate with everything.
It's who I am.

So when Joyce (Cards-by-the-Sea) asked me a month ago if I would like to participate in a mini blog hop using PTI's Garden Variety and YOF: Collection...
a couple of sets that have actually never seen ink...
I said "Sure!".
When she told me the date...
I thought "Plenty of time".
Well...
it's time.
And par for me...
I procrastinated.
Not really.
I was just going along on my time.
Unfortunately...
I forgot to factor in a tummy bug that could have...
and did...
hit.

I blame love-of-my-life...
he came down with it first...
then me...
I had 2 kids home yesterday with it...
Dinky was home today...
and Hunter will be home tomorrow.
I have scrubbed, scoured and Lysoled every surface...
and the weather was even warm enough today to open windows and doors and air out the house in hopes of getting rid of any lingering germs that possibly could have survived the Lysol assault.

So I didn't have the time I thought I would...
and only got a couple of cards done...
though I did use both sets and now portions of these sets have now seen ink...
not what I had originally planned when I had lots of time...




OK...you've seen what I wasn't able to accomplish...
so now it's time to go see what the others actually did accomplish...

Joyce
Kim
Marybeth
Gayatri
Jen

And since it's late...
and Hunter will be home with me tomorrow...
I'm going to go read A Game of Thrones until way too late.
It's people like me that is the reason why Starbuck's is sold in the grocery...
and I can have a nice piping hot pot when I actually do manage to stumble out of bed!
See you along the way!


The Details:
Stamps: PTI Garden Variety, Year of Flowers: Collection
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Rustic Cream
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Dowdy
Dies: PTI Graden Variety, Little Labels, Poppystamps Window Box
Misc: seam binding, lace, twine





12 comments :

  1. Beautiful cards, Renee! I particularly love the second one and you know why? I love any CAS card :) The gingham background on the first one is beautiful. So glad to hop with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless. For a serial procrastinator you managed to crank out some pretty fab cards. Can i just say that I love, love, love the flower box card. Talk about a lot of pretty. So well done. Pleasure to hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everyone will be well soon ! You did better than me, I only managed one card! Love ,love the gingham card ,with that pretty bow. Too smart with the last one CAS and the window box die, what a great way to use it! Fun hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection! I LOVE the gingham on the first card and I LOVE the window box on the second one!! I wait until the last minute too...you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made two cards--what are you talking about. They are both wonderful, and give me inspiration about other things to do with these sets that I am not going to keep for sure. And, now I need that window box die! Thanks for joining in our blog hop party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee...for someone who does not sleep and creates all of the little works of art and puts things off to the last minute you are pretty amazing!!! I love that window box and I am really excited to get my goodies from you too. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!! I really love the 2nd one, so clean and simple with those pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both of your cards Renee, that is a great stamp set, but I really like the last card the best. It is CAS, the flower box is great and so cute with the little flowers popping out of it. Very cute cards, hope all are feeling a bit better today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to hop over to see these gorgeous cards using sets that I *um* haven't used much at all. LOVE the window box card soo much Renee.

    And for the record......I procrastinate all the time! I'm in good company! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee these are great. I have these sets too and they don't see near enough ink. The window box is so cute. I have got to get this die and the window die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE what you've done with these sets! I've only used my Garden Variety a couple of times and have NEVER inked my YOF Collection! You have inspired me to give them a little love. Adore the gingham on the first card and LOVE the second one! Fabulously CAS and luckily I have the supplies to CASE it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. But even though you're a professional procrastinator, you still are able to get it all done, which is amazing! Its what works for you and you do well with it :) So these cards are great! I love that you used the gingham background on the first and that neat windowbox on the second :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...