Monday, February 27, 2012

More Silhouette Love...

Hi, everyone!
I hope you are having a fabulous day!
I know...
it's Monday...
how could it be fabulous...
right?
Well...
the sun is shining...
we're going to see temps into the 60's...
I only have one sick kiddie at home...
though Robert did try and convince me he was having a relapse...
and if that didn't work...
it didn't...
he was prepared to tell me he had no clean jeans because even though he has not been out into the world since last Wednesday...
he managed to wear every pair of jeans in his closet and then tried hiding them so I wouldn't be able to find them to throw in the washer though it seems the last four days have seen me doing nothing but laundry and sterilizing in hopes of killing of this horrid stomach flu.
Only one problem...
I found his stash of jeans last night and threw them in!
Sometimes I amaze myself in knowing what each kid will attempt before they even know they will attempt it...
I knew what he was up to last week when he changed jeans twice in one day and he didn't step one toe outside...
*giggle*

But we're finally getting back to normal...
if there is such a thing.
OK...our normal!
And since I have been playing a bit in between loads of laundry...
and have had some of my new and old Memory Box/Poppystamps dies and that gorgeous silhouette stamp on my table...
I decided to play just a bit and discovered that my frolicking children (Hero Arts) works quite well with my Grand Madison too...
see...


Oh...Suzanne did you know you would see so much of this stamp when you gave it to me?
I scored some white cardstock and then used the small window box die to create a wainscoting effect...
got the idea from JJ Bolton ...
and used some gorgeous paper from October Afternoon's Sidewalk line as my "wallpaper"...
did a little spray courtesy of of Kittie here...
which I think gives it a little extra...
what do you think?

OK...off to hunt for more hidden laundry...
but before I go...
previews have started on Claire's blog for 9 new Waltzingmouse sets to be released on Wednesday...
and she is offering up one dillybanging prize package...
plus some extra surprises...
go check it all here!


The Details:
Stamps: Hero Arts Musical Walk, PTI Through the Trees
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Aqua Mist
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Sidewalks
Dies: Poppystamps Grand Madison, Small Windowbox, PTI Button Boutique, Through the Meadow
Punch: MS Pine Bough
Misc: Ribbon, bling





17 comments :

  1. That's exactly why I gave it to you! Because I knew you would use it way more than I ever could! THIS IS SO FANTASTIC, Renee! I love this so much...the faux beadboard, the grass, the patterned paper....OOH LA LA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, love this so much! The silhouette is so sweet with the window! And what a wonderful idea to add the wainscoting. Every detail is just perfect--the tree, the grass, the 'wallpaper' and the darling spray over the window! FAB-U-LOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A beautiful card. Love the wainscoating effect. Your "wallpaper" is gorgeous. Love the little spring above the window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those little kids playing behind the window, wish my kids had gotten along that well! I love the wainscotting idea, so many things you can do with these window dies. Love the patterned paper on this one too and that is a gorgeous wreath. Great job, love all the cards you've been posting lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, this is just as sweet as can be! I love the wainscoting you did for the wall, and the wall paper! You have created a beautiful scene . I missed that Suzanne gave it to you first. Look what she and you have started. Poor Robert he tried so hard. :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really wonderful. Between you and Cathy, I am going to have to get that window die. I can't believe I couldn't figure out what to do with it at first. It's perfect with that silhouette image, and I just love the decor of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! It is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's getting better and better. I really don't think you can top this one Renee - it's perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card Renee! Love that window and the embossed wall! So fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Renee...this is so adorable. Love how great the silhouette images look through that great window die cut. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. Love the wainscot and wallpaper. Such a sweet scene outside too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wainscoting - oh my word! This scene is DARLING! I think I must try this thing sometime. So clever, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee this is great. I have got to get that die! I've seen several girls using it and there are so many great ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee, you've got those window dies mastered to a T. The frolicking children outside the window is perfect. Your wainscoting and "wallpaper" look great. Keep 'em coming as lots of awesome ideas to CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely a CASE card for sure Renee! It is truly amazing. The wainscoating, the children, the tree, the "wallpaper", just EVERYTHING. Just perfection! Thank you for enabling me with these windows....I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What can I say? Adorbs!!!I love your little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the silhouette through that wonderful die cut window.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...