Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI Anniversary Day #1


Hi, everyone!
Popping in with a card I made for PTI's 5th Anniversary Celebration.
They always throw the greatest party don't they?
Last year we were out of school for snow and ice during the entire celebration...
this year...
well...
we had sunny days in the 70's last week...
and I'm seeing buttercups popping up on the side of the road...
blooms and all...
so I'm going out on a limb here to predict that we won't be missing school this year and I will be in taxi driver mode all week...
so wanted to get to join in the fun at least once.

The challenge for today is to pick a designer and they're favorite project of the past year and use that as inspiration to create a project.
Well...
that's a no brainer for me...
Michelle Wooderson and Button Boutique.
It was this time last year that we were introduced to this concept...
this set...
and I honestly thought I wouldn't be interested when it came up on peeks...
really!
I actually thought this...
I'm such a num-num.
Because not only did I pass out and die when I saw it...
it is my favorite PTI set...
and will never be without it.
So versatile...
so fun...
I still die over it!

Inspired by Mish...
a mix of papers by October Afternoon...
seam binding...
lace...
Button Boutique...
and I swear I've heard her use the phrase "Fun times" before in her posts...
I know she also uses "Good times" and I even went reading her blog and still couldn't find it because well...
there was a kid that started yelling I had to go make sure there was no blood...
there wasn't...
so correct me if I'm wrong...
but I just thought that sentiment would be so perfect for her because I really just don't believe I'm imagining her using it...
I don't imagine things.
OK...
maybe occasionally I do...
like when I'm helping the FBI solve crimes on ID channel because I really wanted to be Clarice Starling or...
I live in Middle Earth...
The Shire to be specific...
and Aragorn is my future husband...
complete with costume.
Alright...
I actually may have a very vivid imagination but I still don't think I've imagined her using that phrase.

Mish delights...
inspires...
and I just get so excited to see what she's going to come up with next.
Patterns...
colors...
what new little find she's picked up at an auction...
or flea market...
and her incredibly creative Project Life and the sharing of her family with all of us.
Thanks to all the DT for the inspiration...
the tips...
techniques...
creativity...
all of you do an incredible job month after month...
and we so appreciate all the hard work.
Here's to many, many more years to come!



The Details:
Stamps: PTI Button Boutique
Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream
Patterned papers: October Afternoon Sidewalks
Dies: PTI Button Boutique
Ink: SU
Misc: seam binding, lace, PTI buttons, OA chipboard stickers, twine




12 comments :

  1. Hope there was no blood!! :) Love this colorful card with all the different printed paper, love the yellow gingham.
    Its beautiful , and l the deep red bow, gorgous! Where is the ribbon in the kit from ? I love the texture of it? Maybe it will snow and you will have more time. Hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Renee!!! GORGEOUS! I absolutely love the colors, the gingham, the big bow, the lace ribbon, the patterned paper, and of course the button card :) This card is sure to bring fun times to the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh just gorgeous Renee! Beautiful interpretation of Mish's style! I love your chipboard sentiment and those fun papers. I actually pulled out this set today to make another card but thought I'd better do my DT assignment first!! Hehe

    Well, got the call to go to work after waiting all day.......gave up my ticket to go to the Globetrotters with the fam today, will miss the Super Bowl, and dinner. Only 13 more hours of call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee...just beautiful! Great minds think alike, my card is from button boutique too. Just love your card and it just screams Mish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Cute! Cute! Love the bold, bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Love the buttons you chose. So colorful. I am a sucker for when others use lace on a card. It's so pretty. Love the papers you used along with the fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Renee! Mish and you are perfect together! I love it and I love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To quote you...I Die!! This is so cute, you know Button Boutique is also my all time favorite PTI set, and what I love about this one in addition to the gorgeous patterned papers and lace you used, is the dimensional letters. I have never seen you use those before and they look great! Really, really good card today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE the colors you chose...so cottagey. It is my fave set as well. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, another button boutique card. I really do love this set, and should take it out more. Love how you combined wit with those patterned papers, and the lace and chipboard letters. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE everything about this one--the papers, the lace, those fabulous chipboard letters--all SO gorgeous!!
    Oh, and I adore that wonderful deep red bow! Where are you getting your seam binding---I'm loving all the awesome colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty!! love all of the chipboard!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...