Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Redo and A Surprise...

Yesterday I posted this card...

took me forever...
but as I said...purely operator error!
But something still bothered me about it and don't you just hate when you're bugged about something and can't shake it until you figure out what's bugging you and then try and fix it?
I figured out what was bugging me...
all the white.
So this morning I did a redo...
and it took me only a fraction of the time it took yesterday because...
well...
I had worked out those bugs...
*giggle*


It was all the white...
it didn't frame it right.
And besides the obvious color changes...
I added a colored frame around the die cut.
I think it looks better...
but you'll have to be the judge of that!

And...
this morning I got such a pleasant surprise from Sharron (OnPapillonWings)...
she awarded me this...



Liebster' is German for 'dearest'.  The award is a 'share-the-love' arrangement, given to inspirational bloggers with less than 200 followers. 

Here's the to-do list of any Liebster award recipient:

Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
Reveal your five blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
Copy and paste the award on your blog (see above)
Hope that those you award forward it to their favourite bloggers

Below are five favorite bloggers who have different styles but always inspire me with their work. I love having this chance to let them know how lucky I have been to meet them through this shared stamping adventure!



Suzanne (The Card Yard)
Amy (Stamp-N-Paradise)
Kim (Cupcakes, Cards and Kim)
Joyce ( Cards-by-the Sea)
Jeanne (A Kept Life)

Thank you so much Sharron!
And now...
my acceptance speech...

"Testing...
testing...
is this mike on?
Thank You,...Thank You for bestowing this privileged honor upon me.  
This award makes all of my daily efforts in destroying perfectly good paper worth the time I take to hide from laundry and cooking and occasionally the kids...worth it.  
Just knowing that my contribution to the crafting world in the form of blunders and what not to do is recognized as valuable work...
necessary work...
well...
it makes me proud to hide in my crafty space in the name of paper"

*giggle*

Sharron...
with all sincerity...
Thank You!


7 comments :

  1. Wow--thank you so much Renee. I am totally honored that you would choose me for this award. And, I loved your original card. But, I see that the redo is better, in just enough subtle ways. I really have to look hard to see the differences, but overall the effect is stunning. I think that they are both great cards, however, and I'd be proud to have made either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, you are so sweet to send this award my way! Thank you!! I think your re-do is just as amazing as the original! That die cut just steals the show along with that sweet silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both cards, they are really nice in either color, I do like the colored mat around the frame though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet, Renee! THANK YOU for the wonderful surprise from one of my most favorite bloggy peeps!

    I don't think a redo was in order, but they are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the Liebster blog! I really do like both cards I just happen to like pink more ,other than that I think they are both great with the beautiful die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first card in black & white is so pretty but I also love the different look you get with pink and the silhouette in softer brown. Both are fabulous! You are so welcome for the award and I love your hilarious acceptance speech!!! Wouldn't miss visiting your blog! Adore your creations--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, I like both your first card and the redo! I do like that on the redo one the silhouette is lighter than the tree, it makes it stand out a little more. Anyway, congrats on the award, you totally deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...