Sunday, February 19, 2012

Spring in the South

Hi, everyone!
Yesterday was all about Spring...
how I can't wait to see blue skies...
green grass...
the trees in full bloom.
We've had such a mild Winter here this year...
only a couple of light dusting's...
that when driving down the road you see sprinkling's of buttercups in full bloom all along the roadside...
and now look what is happening outside my window...


This is the view from my front porch...
and the ground is slowly turning white even as I type this.
Since it's a long weekend for the kids the boys didn't even get to flush ice cubes...
run around the table with underwear on their heads...
do The Snow Dance in hopes of that elusive Snow Day.
They have 10 of them banked for this school year...
and don't tell them this...
but that means 10 extra days of school for them!

And just for the record...
even as we woke and watched the morning news...
we were only supposed to get a wintery mix...
no accumulation.

But tomorrow...
we're sunshine and 50's!

I do love the South!

4 comments :

  1. we're having the same strange weather in the north...we were supposed to get snow today, but it is nothing but clear blue skies and sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks beautiful. Wish I was there to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee...please send some my way! Just enough for the morning ok? So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I would love to see that out my window! No snow dance!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...