Friday, February 24, 2012

This Was SO Not 5 Minutes...

Last night I played with my new Memory Box umbrella die and had a CAS baby card in 5 minutes...
this is another new Memory Box die...
it took me much longer to do this...

Do you see the die?
That gorgeous frame with the tree...
it's their new Orchard Tree Frame I got in my Absolutely Everything order yesterday!!
Now this card was a morning in the making...
but not because of the die...
that's easy peasy!
No...
this was totally operator error.
This die is A2 card size...
and like a num-num...
I was trying to fit it on an A2 card...
with mats!
I'm totally blaming this one on the kids...
they're all still home sick and we know that's why I wasn't thinking straight because there's no way my staying up past midnight reading A Game of Thrones and then getting up at 5am had absolutely anything to do with my state of num-numness...
right?
I mean...
I had coffee!

So anyway...
finally figured out this was going to be a big card...5 1/2 x 7...and I actually wish I had went with 7 1/2 so I would have had more room to "hang" my silhouette.
And that precious stamp...
it's from my precious friend Suzanne (The Card Yard)!
It's Hero Arts and I'm about to go see what other silhouettes I can get my hands on to go with this die...
because one...
I love this die...
and two...
I love silhouettes of children playing!
I think I need an entire series.

OK...now I've seriously got to go get some work done...
still Lysol'ing everything...
again...
laundry...
maybe a nap...
*giggle*



The Details:
Stamps: Hero Arts Musical Walk, PTI Garden Variety
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, True Black and Spring Rain
Dies: Memory Box Orchard Tree Frame, PTI In the Meadow
Ribbon: PTI Twill Tape



15 comments :

  1. beautiful card! i have the same die and you've inspired me to finally send it thru the cuttlebug :) it's a perfect compliment to the HA stamp (which i just realized i also have lol). gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a beautiful die and card! Love the sweet stamp , with the children.I see the tiny birds in the tree ( that some would through away) lol. Funny how we all end up with such different dies form Memory Box. I would love them all. Have a great weekend and I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely card! That cut is just great, so much detail!! I hope you are all healthy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you were going to have that die one way or the other! Didn't think it would be that quick though! You don't mess around do you girl??!!! Your card is beautiful. That stamp looks like it was just made to go with that die. I love the image of the children playing - what a terrific nostalgic scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you have been a busy bee! This die is fabulous and it looks wonderful with that sweet silhouette image. I would probably have the same problem with the size--usually don't think of a die being A2 size. But you did a super job--LOVE it! Hope all the kids start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee, it's magic---what you've done here is amazing and I am so glad that stamp found a proper home with you!! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card was worth whatever you had to do to make it. It is so beautiful. That image and the die look like they were made for each other. My only complaint for you is that you didn't post this several hours earlier, as I had already ordered both the window boxes before I saw this card/die/stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crack me up, I would have tried to put it on an A2 card too! This is such a striking diecut, looks so nicely with the silhouette of those sweet kits playing. I love the black and white on this one, really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and that die is to die for! Your are so funny, have the fun of checking our your blog is the read what you write, maybe you should write a book you are a hoot! Check out Flourishes and Technique Tuesday, they both have some wonderful silhouette sets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again! Be sure to check my blog. I've left a little gift for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the stamp and die work together so beautifully!! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was not sure why you were not in my google reader ~ I always check out the eye candy on your blog when I see your name somewhere but the other day I had a non blonde moment and thought oh I should put Renee in my reader ........ now I come yesterday the umbrella today the silhouette ...... now I know why you were not in my reader...... I cannot afford to read your blog .... I am still thinking about that freaking butter mints in the mold ~ they are on my list of things to do!!! YOU ARE KILLING ME AND MY WALLET!!! Have a great weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the orchard die Renee! I may just have to "borrow" some die cuts sometime. That silhouette stamp works beautifully with this die....perfect in fact! Darling card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...