Friday, March 30, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas


It's the 31st...
last day of the month...
and time for another 12 Kits of Christmas!

This is a monthly challenge group so full of talent I just bow in awe of these incredible ladies...
and each month one of us takes a turn being "hostess" and sending out identical kits full of papers, images, sentiments, embellishments...just whatever we like...to all of the other members and then we all use the same ingredients and create cards and/or projects with them...
revealing our projects to each other on the same day each month.
I love these kits!
Each month I get so excited knowing there is going to be a very happy mail day coming...
just full of surprises!
And this month was no exception!
Our wonderfully talented Suzanne was in charge of kits and she sent such a fabulous one...
I just died over the papers and images...
look...


Doesn't Kara just take the best photos...
she's our official photographer now...
after 3 months of forgetting to snap pics when the kits come in...
we felt we should make it official...
*giggle*
She's the best!

Now I'm just going to show you what I have because I'm trying to keep this fairly short so you will hop over and see all the other fabulous projects that everyone created...




Everything was included in the kits except for card base and the above photo's sentiment...
when I saw this paper I just "saw"  photobooth photos and just needed a small sentiment strip for this one so I stamped one from Waltzingmouse 2011 Vintage Ornaments.

Now I also have to say that I had another card...
but I had to sacrifice it to the Mtn Dew gods when I accidentally knocked over one when moving my laptop the other night...
it was the card or my laptop...
and since I'm typing I think you know which one I choose!

OK...
now go visit everyone and check out all of their inspiring, amazing creations...


Cathy
Suzanne
Marybeth
Joyce
Amy
Christina
Kim
Kara
Jessica
Jeanne
Sharron

and we'll see you again next month!
Hope you have a fabby week!

14 comments :

  1. Have to say first I love the Santa photo strip…..too smart! That is so adorable! Renee all three of your cards are wonderful, love the way you made that gorgeous bow with the ribbon hanging down. The black behind the second card sure makes for a stunning little scene! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love that stamped image of santa and his reinderr? Just fabulous! That is my favorite card of the three, but they are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Renee, these are just marvelous! LOVE how you made the mega bow with the sweet santa & sleigh image! It's gorgeous! The CAS design on the second card is perfect with the image. And the film strip idea--gosh, I never thought of that! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love that big gorgeous striped bow you did on your first card! Your idea of photo strips with that last image is so fun and looks true at an angle. Love that font for your sentiment!!! You did a fantastic job with this kit tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, Great cards. I love that big fabby striped bow - looks like a present all wrapped up. Your second card with the reindeer looks pretty enough to frame! This will look great and dress up anyone's home for the holidays. The last one with the stantas... too cute!!! I'm jealous - I didn't get any santas!! He looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I don't blame you for choosing the laptop over the card!
    The bow on your first card is amazing! And that little Sants photo strip is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you did with the ribbon is perfect! I tend to struggle with wider ribbon...so I am just lovin' it...and the photo booth Santa rocks! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, I love all three! The second one is my favorite, though. So classic. I love that black frame, it makes it look like a framed work of art, and the way the red ribbon peeks out the sides. The third one makes me giggle!! You're so right that he screams photobooth :) That big big on the first is a showstopper!! I'm sad that your 4th card was sacrificed :( I bet it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards this month, Renee! My favorite is the first one with the wide ribbon wrapped around the card like a present--what a sweet bow! I love the idea of the photo booth strip too, so clever. You've definitely inspired me to go use up more of my supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously Renee the first thing that hit me was that absolutely perfect ribbon on your first card. I wish I could tie like that. Al of your creations are gorgeous, love the photo strip. I think sadly I would have saved the laptop--but I definitely would have paused and weighed the options. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are last on my hop, but what a great t of cards to finish it up! your big poofy bow! Love that . The winter woods scene with those little pearls highlighting the sentiment was so serenely beautiful. My favorite was the photo booth Santas though. That was the most creative idea. Hope you are surviving your fun week with your mother in law. we made it to MT, trying to comment with my big fat fingers on an iPad is tough, especially when everyone did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CAS at it's best, Renee! I just love the Santa sleigh card with the brilliant striped bow...looks like you took that picture right out of a vintage book. Your deer card is primitive sweetness...and that Santa film strip...ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful cards you made. Your bow on the first card is truly a show stopper. I think I agree with the others who loved the third card most. How clever to make a photo strip. Its really unique. I'll need to check when I return home, but I think I didn't get that paper. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you kept all of these CAS! Totally focused and drew attention to the images! LOVE the striped ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...