Sunday, March 18, 2012

Market Street Paint the Town

Nothing like squeaking in at the last minute for a challenge...
especially when you've had a card ready for a week!!
And as soon as I saw the colors for Market Street Stamps Paint the Town color challenge...
I died!
NAVY!!!
My absolute-love-it-more-than-chocolate-sometimes-will-not-buy-something-because-it-doesn't-come-in-Navy color.

Seriously.

It's my favorite color.

So anyway when I saw my favorite color in the whole wide world in this challenge I said to myself...
"Self...
it's NAVY...
ya gotta do this one!"
And I admit that color challenges are not my thing...
I think it's because I have color association issues...
you know...
red and yellow is actually ketchup and mustard.
If you add green to the mix...
well then you have ketchup, mustard and pickles!
OK...maybe I just have food issues but anyway I do not participate in a lot of color challenges because of this.
But here's the fabulous colors that Market Street choose for this one...

Aren't they gorgeous?
I told you they were gorgeous!
And this is what's been sitting in my computer for a week...

I used MSS Cane background...
have you tried their background stamps?
Oh my giggling goodness...
you have to!
They are so fabulous!
perfectly sized for an A2 card...
and they're clear so you can see where you're stamping!
YAY!!
Used Spellbinders Label 4 to stamp a beautiful sentiment from Comforting Florals...
and then tied off with some navy ribbon.
Viola!
Easy peasy...
and a great card to send to someone who's going through a rough time.

Hope you have a wonderful week!


The Details:
Stamps: Market Street Cane Background and Comforting Florals
Cardstock: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Vintage Cream, SU Night of Navy
Dies: PTI Edgers #3, Spellbinders Labels 4
Misc: ribbon




PS  In case you're wondering where my 4th color is...look at the label.  I'm counting my teastain as that 4th one because apparently I also have issues using 4 colors...*giggle*

10 comments :

  1. You crack me up with your comments about food and color. Love this card. It's so elegant, and I'm sure will be appreciated by the recipient. I have that background stamp--forget about using it, so thanks for the reminder. It's gorgeous, as is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful! I love that background. I don't own any MSS stamps yet and didn't realize they were CLEAR! Thanks for sharing that! I need to stock up soon. I really love what you did with the nestie. And that quote is perfect for me to read today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! You nailed that color challenge. Thanks for the enabling about MSS backgrounds. Now I have to go check them out.

    P.S. I left you a little something on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and the sentiment is just as beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, the MSS background stamps are great! I don't have the cane one, but now I want it ;) Glad you got your card up in time for the challenge! I love the layering of the colors you used on top, and that sentiment is really great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I love how you the triple layered scalloped top edge! And that cane background pattern is divine, not too much, not too little if you KWIM:).

    I don't do well with color challenges either, especially when it's more than 3 colors! I never have all the right colors and that just makes me crazy. And if there are 4 colors to incorporate, I end up with a chaotic mess:(.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must agree with you about the stamps. I have only one WM background stamp . I love it and it was easy to line up. Love your navy card. I think that is one of the best sentiments stamps! Sounds like it will be perfect for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can always make me smile! So funny to hear you describe the relationship of colors & food! Beautiful job with this challenge! And I agree that those colors are great! The layered scallops at the top look fabulous and I adore the cane background. OMG-more enabling-- another line of stamps to check out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OF COURSE ......... BEAUTIFUL!!! I do love that BG stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Navy is one of my favorite colors too. This came out beautifully I love all of the layers. ;)

    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...