Saturday, March 3, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #87

Good morning everyone!
Hope you all have had a fabulous week!
Me...
well...
you know that stomach flu I mentioned the kids had last weekend and I was busy spraying and wiping every surface with Lysol trying to kill the germs because I'm a mom and just too busy to get sick and then when I sent the last one back to school earlier this week and breathed a sigh of relief because I thought I had outsmarted the stomach flu...
I'm not as smart as I thought.
I caught it.
And thought.I.was.going.to.die!
Seriously...
My hair hurt!
How does that even happen?
Everything hurt...
I was dying.
As you can tell...I do not not handle illness well because I am very rarely sick beyond a sinus infection or allergies and I live in the South and those are just part of the deal for living in my beloved South...
so I'm very unaccustomed to actually being sick.
I even had love-of-my-life tucking me into bed...
but when I asked him to sing "Soft Kitty"...
he said "no"...turned out the light...and left me.
But I'm feeling better now...
until I arose from my deathbed and emerged to find piles of laundry and dishes...
can no one load a dishwasher?...
and the family room looked like a frat house at the end of a long weekend of partying...
minus beer bottles.
At least I know I was about to be missed...
when they ran out of clean clothes and dishes!
And because of a phone call on Thursday I actually discovered that according to my baby child...it was not the stomach flu after all...
a friend who works at my children's elementary called to relay a conversation she had had with Dinky...

Dinky:         Miss Kelly! (running to her...very excited)
Miss Kelly:  What Dinky?
Dinky:         Miss Kelly guess what!!
Miss Kelly:  What! What!
Dinky:        My mommy is going to have a baby!!
Miss Kelly: OMG!!!  WHAT??!
Dinky:        YES!!
                  And I don't know what it is but I hope it's a boy or a girl!


For the record...
so not preggers!
It was the stomach flu...
but can you imagine getting a message asking if you're pregnant because your child who can not always separate imagination from reality is telling everyone you are?!!
And he's hoping it's a boy or a girl...
what else could it be?!!
Reminds me of when I was expecting him and Haley went up to a total stranger at dance class and told her I was pregnant and when the lady asked "Is it baby brother or baby sister?"...
she said "Neither...
it's a bean!"
That's what he looked like on the picture at the time anyway...
*giggle*

So...stomach flu...check!
Total embarrassment...check!
A busy week...always!
And now it's time for something fun...
another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
YAY!!

A super easy sketch this week...

Did you see who did this one...
go easy on her...
she's had a really rough week...
*giggle*
But lots of room for interpretation!
And this is what I did with it...



I used Waltzingmouse Asian Gardens Additions and kept it CAS...
though I did add a few small pearls to make the raindrops "pop" just a bit.
Plus they cover up little boo-boos quite nicely...
only ssshhh!  Don't tell anyone I told you because I'm not actually confessing to having any!
*giggle*
I added some Crate Paper Portrait patterned paper in jade and gold...
thought it had an Asian vibe going to it and would compliment the focal point and colors...
what do you think?


So are you ready to get inky?  Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and check out all the fabulous eye candy the Mischief Makers have created for you...
and then link up your creation for us to oogle!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!

And did you see the announcement for this month's Blog Party on Claire's blog?
You can check all the info here...
and if you go here...
Claire has some fabulous freebies for you so you can play along!
And check out the store for all the incredible new sets that were released this week...
9 new incredible sets...
I'm thinking about starting to stalk the mailman in just a couple more days...
I think he misses me when I don't...
*giggle*
Hope your week is fabulous!



The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Asian Gardens Additions
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, True Black
Patterned papers: Crate Paper Portrait
Misc: black pearls, ribbon (PTI)


16 comments :

  1. So elegant, Renee! I love the black pearls!

    So sorry to hear about your illness! That story is too funny! I sprained my ankle back in November and my son told all the teachers that I broke my leg--needless to say, they were very surprised to see me hobble in without a cast or brace, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sketch and your perfectly Asian-inspired design. LOVE the pearls, weren't they just made to cover splotchies? That's why I buy them in bulk, heee! WHAT a week you had, so glad to hear your good news...which, of course, is just that you are NOT sick anymore, hahaha! Hope that everything is well with you and your family and neighbors in the South. I know the weather has been terrible :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely sketch and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, CONGRATULATIONS on the little "bean" ;) HAHA what a cute story :) I'm so glad that you're feeling better, too by the way. So this card is fabulous, I love the sentiment, the cool swirling clouds, and the bridge. And it all in black? Looks sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I really love this card, the black and white with the pearls on the raindrops! What a great sketch and I am so excited for you that she chose one of yours! I love the patterned papers you chose to use with it, just a great card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the touches of pearls on the rain! Sorry to hear you were sick, I hate being sick! It usually happens when I've a load of deadlines too! Funny story!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, your card is just so incredible, so very elegant. Love the way you used the black pearls in your rain, so stunning and for being sick too, wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your little story--kids do say the most amazing things!! But so glad you are feeling better. Congrats on your sketch being selected (it's wonderful) and your card is fabulous! The patterned paper is so pretty--great color of green. And I love your design done in black & white, especially with the pearl accents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Renee! What a great sketch! I love what you did with this set and those raindrops! I have always liked ASian Gardens ever since it came out but really thought I wouldn't get use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You poor thing... reading your story did make me giggle though. Fabulous card, great sketch...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang....I need to find some creative uses for that stamp set too!!! Love what you've done here and love the sketch!!! Hope you're feeling better and glad there are no beans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really laughed out loud with that sweet story, I love how their little minds work. Sounds like you survived the storms too!
    Beautiful card and great simple sketch. Your card is very elegant ! I cant wait to get the few stamps I ordered , I even placed a second sm order the other night. Some I the stamps I decided to get were already gone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fantastic, Renee! I love black and white together, and your sketch is perfect for this pairing! The stamps are gorgeous and I love how you embellished everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny--not about you being sick, but about you being preggers! Lovely card, and congrats on being the one with the sketch challenge this week. You're moving up for sure. Hope to play along if life cooperates this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh, but from the stomach flu to preggers! Gotta love kids! Glad you're feeling better. This is a fab sketch and I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry to hear how sick you felt Renee but you can still make me smile through your pain! I love your sketch and the black and white interpretation is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...