Saturday, March 31, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #91

Happy Saturday everyone!
We are having fabulous Spring weather here in TN...
the grass is green...
the trees are green...
temps in the 80's...
pollen count in the 700's!!
Yup!
That is not a misprint!
It's a trade off...
you get the beautiful country...
but it takes it's pay in giving you horrid allergies!
We're all sniffling, sneezing, coughing, runny nose, itchy eyes...
we're such a pleasure to be around...
*giggle*

So you know what Saturday's bring...
right?
My favorite Saturday activity...
another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
And I'm just going to be honest with you...
right here...
right now...
it's a doozy!
*giggle*


Whew!
I wasn't lying was I?
I had a really hard time with this one...
I wanted to add layers!
And in all honesty...
I do believe this is my first one layer card.
I can't recall ever doing one before...
and I know why...
I WANT to add layers!
*giggle*
But isn't it fun to step outside your comfort zone...
try something new...
actually be challenged?
Here's what I came up with...


I used the new Waltzingmouse Chickenwire and French Country for this one...
and I love these colors together.
The red...
yellow...
blue...
I'm seriously loving this French Country so much...
I found a new tablecloth the other day that I've decided to redo my entire kitchen around...
and guess what it is?
Black...
with red and yellow roosters!!
And it even has just a touch of blue in the border...
perfect!
Poor hubby...
Claire had no idea her gorgeous stamps would cause me to rethink my kitchen...
and cause him so much pain...
but I have ideas...
*giggle*
These sets are so gorgeously perfect...
how could I not be inspired with all kinds of ideas?!

OK...
are you up for the challenge?
Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog and check out all the incredible eye candy my fellow Mischief Makers have created just for you...
and then show us what you've got!
Remember to just use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and one lucky participant will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
We can't wait to see what you create!

Hope everyone has a wonderfully fabby week...
if you notice I'm a little scarce it's because I have my MIL in town...
but I should be back on schedule by Thursday!


The Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Chickenwire, French Country
Cardstock: PTI Rustic White
Ribbon & Button: PTI
Ink: PTI and A Muse


14 comments :

  1. Love the primary colors! Great inspiration for your new kitchen look! Your card is great!! Especially love that big red bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Renee! I love how clean and simple this is, but the details in the stamps are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool Renee! I love the classic colors you used! And your new kitchen style sounds fabby:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though you say its a one layer card, it doesn't look like a one layer card!! It looks like the rooster in the mat is sitting on top! So that means that you are the queen of one layer cards :) Love that big red bow and the chicken wire, a totally French Country looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what a wonderful one layer card...so how long did it really take you to make this? It is just so classy looking and I really want to give this a try. Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colors and of course the sets!!! Yikes....one layer...I'm a layer kinda girl but, yes it is good to be challenged!!! We have wonderful weather in NC and lots of pollen too!!! Fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colors and of course the sets!!! Yikes....one layer...I'm a layer kinda girl but, yes it is good to be challenged!!! We have wonderful weather in NC and lots of pollen too!!! Fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!!! Love those colors and your stamps!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great one layer card! French country was the first set I wanted to get ...I keep hitting myself for changing my mind . William Snoma has a tablecloth almost just like it,a few years ago. Love the C.W. background with the simple rooster, and pretty bow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors and the bright ribbon on your pretty one layer sketch card Renee!! Less is definately MORE difficult to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you chose French Country--your card is gorgeous! Great colors for a card--and for a kitchen! The FC look would be so cool. I'm sure I will struggle with the single layer too but your card is great inspiration. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful one layer Renee, you would never know you had a hard time with it! The colours are wonderful together, and the design is fantastic! A super duper card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are going to get me to like French Country yet aren't you? This is so pretty Renee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I'd say you mastered the one layered card! You're a pro! :) Very cute card! Love the colors and the layout and the fun background too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...