Saturday, March 17, 2012

Watzingmouse Sketch Challenge #89

Top 'O the Morning to You!!
It's Saturday!
It's March 17th!
It's St. Patrick's Day!
You know...
the day when everyone all over the world claims their Irish heritage...
whether it exists or not...
*giggle*
Now personally...
I can claim it...
it really does exist!
And with the last name of Lynch...
it's also kind'a hard to deny!
Granted it's my husband's last name...
his father's parents immigrated from Ireland and settled in Quebec...
and then his father came to the US...
but when comparing family heritage...
turns out I'm even more Irish than he is!
I got it from all sides...
and every direction!
*giggle*
And even though we won't celebrate today with green beer...
I'm a mixed drinks kind'a person...
we are very proud of our Irish heritage.
So here's to wishing you a wonderfully green...
and safe...
St. Patrick's Day!

And what better way to celebrate than with a new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!
Here's this week's sketch...
A flower?
On St. Patrick's...
naw...
here's what I did with it...


I had a devil of a time trying to photograph this...
you either couldn't see the gold foil...
or it was all glare and would blind you...
this was the best I could do...
sorry!
Now I used lots of Waltzingmouse goodies with this one...
that background?
Stamped it myself using Offbeat Backgrounds!
If you do not own this set...
how are you living?
You can make your own PLAID!
I love it!
And just knowing it's in my stash helps me sleep at night!
*giggle*
I also gold embossed some Fancy Flourishes, Scallops and Dots on the shamrock that I die cut using my Cricut...
thought it added a little something special to it!


And then that uber fabulous sentiment is from Irish Blessings...


see!
Even though it's a CAS...
there's still so much Waltzingmouse goodness with it!

Now...go get inky before the celebrations begin...
don't worry...
you have time!
But first stop over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog to see what all of my amazingly talented fellow Mischief Makers have cooked up for you to feast your eyes upon!
Just remember to use at least one Waltzingmouse product...
and one lucky person will win the stamp set of their choice just for playing along!
And...
today is a Twofer!
*giggle*
Not only is it a new sketch challenge...
YAY!!!
Every month on the 17th we come together for a party...
and oohhh and oogle everyone's gorgeous creations...
and gain tons of inspiration from each other...
you can get all the details on Claire's blog here.
And don't panic...
you have plenty of time to get your craft on and link up!
This month's theme is what else...
St. Patrick's/Irish/Green
If you don't have any Waltzingmouse or Irish stamps or sentiments...
no worries...
Claire's got your back!
Pop over to the store here and you will find some downloadable freebies that I believe will fit the occasion perfectly!

Now I'm still trying to finish up for Blog Party...
had a very busy, hectic week...
and either I'll be back later with another post...
or I'll be back later editing this one...
*wink*
*giggle*
Hope to see you at the party!


The Details:
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse
Gold Foil: Graffix
Misc: ribbon, button




10 comments :

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, that gold embossing and the gold paper truly stand out!! I especially am partial to that plaid paper :)

Cathy Weber said...

Very cute sketch again Renee! Love all the WM details on it, especially the plaid and the embossed sentiment. You used your cricut too! Love the shamrocks you cut out with the flourishes on them. Happy St. Patrick's Day, hope you and your family have a lot of fun today.

Pauline said...

Fabulous stamped plaid background Renee, and another fab sketch! too hard to resist! Love the gold flourishes, and the wonderful sentiment. Happy Partying!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card. I'm so happy to be the proud owner of Offbeat Backgrounds now, so I'll be making this plaid, too. I love how yours came out. And, how fun to be Irish on St. Patrick's Day. Super fun four leaf clover. I love the gold accents.

Kim said...

oh my goodness, your plaid paper you made is just way too adorable and now that I have my very own offbeat backgrounds, I will be trying this out! What a beautiful card, just beautiful!

Suzanne said...

Renee, I LOVE this. Of all the St. Patrick's Day cards, this may very well be my favorite. I just think it's perfect!

Sharron said...

Another marvelous sketch and gorgeous St. Patrick's card! Love how you used the double layered shamrock and the gold embossing. And of course, I adore the plaid background--wonderful colors. Hope you & your family have had a fabulous day!!

Amy said...

Your sketches are fabulous Renee! I love the gold embossing...that was a genius touch to this card! Hmmm....making my own plaid. Me seems to think that pattern paper is easier but I may have to dig out my stamps to try this for myself!

Susan said...

That is a really cute card!! I couldn't believe when I read you made that background. I thought it was patterned paper!! I love plaid. I must go look at that stamp set. And btw, that is now TWO sets that you are making me want to buy. ;)

Vickie Z said...

Love the plaid with embossed shamrocks!!! Perfect card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...